A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summerville 5
Porter-Gaud 0

not a very high intensity game. just put a few in the back of the net and played our game. our keeper brandon wogoman played forward again and had another goal, celebrated with a backflip [Cool]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando girls beat BE 5-1.
BE Boys won 2-0. 1 own goal and lack of intensity hurt Warriors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monday 4/19
Boys JV
Greenwood over Irmo in PKs
2-2 after regulation
No scoring in OTs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewood Boys lost to Ben Lippen in PK's last night, Pinewood's 1st loss of the season.

They play PG for the second time today. On Friday, they take on the mighty Summerville JV in their first game of the WA tournament.

Soccermom

S
throw in
throw in
S
Soccermom -
Great job with the Classic and Tide Cups this past weekend. Know you'll be busy with Challenge Cup, too. Hope to see you in the stands Friday night, though! Go Wave! [Big Grin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sideliner,

Thanks for the kudos! I can't take all the credit - surrounding the SSC Board and tournament committee were a bunch of incredible, outstanding folks who stepped up BIG to carry the event off. Challenge Cup should be a cake walk compared to last weekend [Wink]

I will be in the stands - come find me!
Go Panthers! [Razz]

Soccermom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
greenvile- 3
JL MANN- 2
game was won in the last three minutes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tues 4/20 JV Boys
Dutch Fork 5, Airport 0

Friday 4/9
DF 4, Sumter 0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Ashley boys 5
Fort D. boys 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seneca 3
Pendleton 0

1-0 at half but Seneca is just too strong.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Summerville JV Boys 3
Ft. Dorchester Boys 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewood Boys 1
Porter Gaud 2

Tied 1-1 at end of regulation, PG scored just before 1st OT ended.

Question - why do regular season games not end in a tie??

2nd Question - why is one player allowed to celebrate doing backflips while another takes his shirt off and gets a red card?? Note - I do not condone either display but there should be consistency!

Soccermom

Soccermom

B
goal
goal
B
Soccermom,

Question 1. The SCISA soccer bluebook states that no regular season games will end in a tie. It does not make any reference to either JV or Varsity.

Question 2. In the case of the backflip, the referee must have made the determination that the backflip was not a case of either taunting or excessive celebration. Both of which are red cards under Rule 12-8 Art. 2. In the case of the shirt removal, Rule 12-8 play rulings, "following the scoring of a goal, the player......removes shirt....the referee shall disqualify the player for excessive celebration." So the backflip is a referee judgement and the shirt removal is a stated example, and "shall" disqualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bear,

Do they explain the rationale behind no ties?

The other question is a moot point...it's all about interpretatation and judgement and what happened before and after and what kind of mood the ref was in and how the planets were aligned that night etc. etc. etc. I happen to think doing backflips is excessive celebration but that's probably because I'm jealous I can't do one [Wink]

Thanks,
Soccermom

B
goal
goal
B
No rationale given, but I have heard elsewhere that ties get difficult for seeding, so rather than going to a points system, the high school league decided to not have ties.

While I would tend to agree that a back flip is excessive celebration, it's open to interpretation.

The point for all the players that read these is to be very careful about how you celebrate scoring a goal, because you could be sitting out the rest of the game and the next one. I heard somewhere, "act like you've done it before", and get ready for the restart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense....and I agree...have some class.

Up for lining a field tonight??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DF 12
RNE 0

Dutch Fork is now 13-2 on the season and is still unnoticed by most people out there...maybe we should be talking about them as one of the best teams, if not, the best team in state...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gville -2
Southside Christian-o

*Gville- 4
*Eastside- 3
**very exciting end of season game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday 4/23

Pendleton 2
Emerald 1

Game was decided in pk's after 7 shots.

Pendleton led 1-0 at half time and controlled the entire game. Emerald scored with 2 minutes remaining to send it to OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewood Boys JV 6 Hilton Head Christian 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard