#54271 05/05/04 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinewood beat Ben Lippen in PK's 2-1.

Pinewood had many opportunities to score, the lone goal was set up by some beautiful give and go passing, ending with a perfect shot into the net.

This is a great group of boys that will be working their way up through the ranks...Pinewood's future looks very bright indeed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear that the Pinwood soccer feild sucked. It was muddy, wet, and even smaller then a nomal feild. That's why they won because Pinwood pracitces on those kinds of sorry feilds!! Soccermom go home!!! and they fouled all time too!!!!

goal kick
goal kick
The three inches of rain will do that to most fields. We only wish we could have a field like the one we played on at your place. Between the weeds and wild flowers that grow on it, it must be one of the nicest. Your I.D. should be "skirt4me" complaining about the physical play. Pinewood has six high school players on the team, the rest are 7th and 8th, I'll make sure to tell them not to be so rough next time "skirt boy".

B
goal
goal
B
soccer4me, by your post it appears that you weren't there.

With respect to the Pinewood field, it is larger than many fields that I have seen. In fact the entire Palmetto Cup was played on fields that are smaller. Being wet and muddy, fact of nature with the rain, but both teams played on it.

Again, both teams had them, but the refs didn't have a very good night. The game started late because one of the scheduled refs was in a wreck and they had to get a quick sub. They had no time for a pre-game discussion and obviously weren't on the same page with their calls, and to some in the stands, the apparent lack of them.

All in all it was a good match. Both teams had their chances. The Pinewood goal was a counter from a BL chance, starting near the box, rapidly through the midfield, with a good through ball, resulting in a 1v1 with the keeper. The BL goal was from a free kick in which one of the defense was slow in stepping, on an attempted off-side trap. Obviously going to PK's it's hard to say either team dominated the match. The teams have met twice, PK's both meetings, split 1-1. Most would say, they are pretty even right now.

I don't know the age of the BL team, but I heard after the match that they were mostly high school age. As pointed out, the Pinewood team is very young, and even with 6 high school players, I don't think they were all on the field at the same time.

I assume that you are a varsity player. Depending on the playoffs you may see some of these younger players for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the remark about our field. Sorry i got so angry last remark!! [Frown]
I was just angry because of the fact that we lost. You are a great rival, as so is CN. I wish you'll could have played CN, and i could see which you are better!! probably Pinewood but that's my guess!!!!!!
But Pinewood did use some vastiy players that were young enough to play on JV down to play in the game though, that's not really that real game with JV players. And it was still a close game. The goalie from pinewood did a beautiful kick to the very top left corner and the BL goalie ALMOST got it, and if he did i would never see a more beautiful save!!! I give him (Pinewood goalie) credit for that kick!!!!! your going to be a great goalie some day!!!! Tell him i said that. I from the JV soccer team, but i want tell you who though. And the goalie from BL team did geat kicks, in the shoot out as well. Once before and last time and made them both, and was the ONLY one who made his and did not kick the ball right to the goalie's hands. {This is to all Pinewood players in the future, some time with next year and the next next year the BL JV will play you again in vasity and we'll be almost like equals!!!} And did you know that the way we won the first game is almost EXACTLY the way you'll won last game Tuesday. Both 1-1 in game then PK's were BOTH 3-1!!!!!!!!????? Except the first game only when to the 4th kicker in PKs. And the other the 5th kicker on Pinewood. See you next year on Vasity.

P.S. if you play the BL JV next year they are not going to be not even close as good as the team this year. Just telling you!!

Link Copied to Clipboard