Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are a few scores from today:

Northwestern 6 York 1
Rock Hill 3 Clover 2
Spring Valley 3 Ft.Mill 1
Rock Hill 1 York 1

other games are still in progress and the tournament continues all day saturday. check back here for updated scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
northwestern 1 spring valley 1

after day one...three way tie for first...rock hill, northwestern and spring valley all have 9 points. spring valley plays rock hill at 10am saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday

Northwestern 6 - 2 Clover

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Valley beat Rockhill, but i don't know the score. The final is tonight at 7 i think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rock Hill 1 Spring Valley 3
Rock Hill 5 York 1
Ft Mill 4 York 3

Rock Hill finished 2-1-1
York finished 0-3-1

Not sure on the Ft Mill/Clover score in the 3rd/4th place game. Northwestern and SV are now playing for the championship.

check back later ... i may have the final results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Mike Leddy of Northwestern and the others who made this tournament a great success. It was ran first class and also i'd like to add that ALL of the referees did an outstanding job. Good luck to all the participants of the NWHS Spring Break Tournament in the remaining games of your season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern finished first. Beating Spring Valley 1-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard that the center ref for the Northwestern v. Spring Valley has 2 kids at Northwestern High. I think that if a ref has anyone related to a school they shouldn't be allowed to ref center, but maybe the lines. The ref gave the advantage to Northwestern the entire game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this tourney was very poorly done. the field was terrible with the middle being dirt and the grass on the sides being about 2 inches thick. as for the officiating it was horrible. i do not believe that it was poor officiating but partial. the center had 2 daughters that go to northwestern and one of the assistance was too busy talking and flirting with northwestern fans and students. at halftime he did not join the officiating crew but instead stayed on the sideline and talked with the northwestern fans. the officiating was so bad they allowed 2 players too take the sv keeper out in both cases they should have been red cards. in fact the goal that was scored had initially hit the top of the football goal post. this could be seen from anywhere on the field but was not called. you dont miss that call you choose not to call it. i would hope that sv never send a team back to that tourney it was unfair for the teams to play so hard and have to play on a field like that with that type of officiating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, the officiating wasn't the highest quality, but the coaches for both teams agreed the controversial goal by northwestern in the game between nw and sv was indeed a goal, that it had not hit the football crossbar. all teams did well, and yea, fort mill, you know you got lucky, there wasn't a foul in the box, and you should not have beaten us. my props also to rhfrost against york, good luck the remainder of the season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard