Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Now, we all know that jv soccer is just something to prepare you for varsity, but honestly, their has to be more talent level than this. I know that my BL team was second in our region, but every time we would go to an irmo tourny, we came close to getting embarresed. So i guess my question is. Whats the problem. Too many people on varsity that dont get a lot of playing time, yet could be on JV? or something else.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I think the schools that have the best JV teams are the ones that try to keep all sophomores and freshmen together as a group, so when they move up to Varsity, they already are used to the team they are playing with. Other schools like to take the underclassmen that are good enough to play varsity and go ahead and put them on the Varsity team so they can get experience in a Varsity setting. If they are even good enough to be put on the Varsity team, they will sometimes learn quickly and will be able to start. Usually, larger schools have better JV teams, because the selection of Varisty players is large enough to still have a strong Varisty team while keeping underclassmen on the JV team.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
i see what you are saying, but it just bothers me that my team finished 2nd in region(well, according to my calculations). When we weren't that amazing. and i know that a lot of the teams we played had horrible jv's yet pretty decent varsity's. And me and you both know, that every varsity team has 3-6 young players that hardly get any playing time that could be playing jv.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem that I had with my JV is that there were some girls that I had to keep there because of the their age. They could have contributed to our team. There were some club players that were restricted to JV and not Varsity due to their age. It is a shame that an 8th grader can play Varisty basketball because it is not considered a contatc sport but yet an 8th grader can't play Varisty soccer because it is considered a contact sport. Kind of seems mixed up, huh.

brace
brace
I have seen several varsity teams that carry around 20 or 22 players on their team. I imagine that a few of these players are young and are being "interned" on teh varsity team when they probably should be on JV.

brace
brace
One other thing to remember. Some schools have a middle school program. In the upstate, several schools have very good players that play on the middle school in 7th and 8th grade, then jump to varsity, therefore bypassing the JV. If you have a program that has great depth, then JV will get some good players, otherwise the better players skip it entirely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey capn...

I feel your pain concerning the Irmo tourney. I often wonder how many of the "black" division teams are really that level. I know that the first year we went, there were many circulating rumors of ringers on certain teams so that they can win. I often ponder the way the teams are seeded...sometimes it seems...seedy??? :-)

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
we didn't go last year, but when we went this year we got beat pretty bad in the first one(only scoring goal in 3 games) and the second tourny i was quite dissapointed in. A rainout(which forced teams to not play everyone in their grouping) took away possibly 10 of our points. Which was also dissapointing.

B
goal
goal
B
So, Cap'n Walt. You are a JV player at BL. OK. I'll keep that in mind on your other posts.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Yep, i never said i wasn't. But glad you know now bdad...does me being a jv player make that much of a difference..i still attend all of the varsity games, and dressed out for a few.

B
goal
goal
B
It probably wouldn't my young friend, but when you are critical of others ...cough,cough... you bring scrutiny upon yourself.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
sorry, i'll let my actions speek then...JV vs. Wh in 2 games 8-0. Varsity vs. WH in 2 games 3-1.

B
goal
goal
B
By the way not to correct you but it was 1 win and 1 loss against WH. No aggregate scoring.

Good luck in club soccer. What club do you play for?

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
i'll be trying out for CSC on monday. And thanks for the luck, i'll be needing it.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
i realize my chance to play sports in highschool is quickly coming to an end so i'm trying to get in as much soccer as i can (club, indoor, highschool)

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
if your looking for a lack of talent on a JV team has anyone seen Heathwood's JV team man i feel sorry for the Varsity next year if that's all there getting. Since so many are graduating from thier team it will be interesting how they fare next year it might be a drastic change from runners up in state but anything can happen i guess. they will probably bribe some good players to come to their school to boost their team LOL, but i think that is the only way they are going to be a playoff team or unless they all of a sudden get really good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside Christian used to have a middle school team, a JV team, and a Varsity team in every sport; now that our administrator took away our middle school sports we only have a JV, and a varsity. our JV, and varsity teams are no where as good as they used to be, and none of the players are used to playing with each oher until the play JV or Varsity.

corner kick
corner kick
sorry to interupt, but i'm just trying to get more posts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about do something productive for once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think playing JV is a waste of time i played it once and its not like the whole team is from club soccer maybe 2or 3 at the max but Varsity is what we should look forward to.... Once you play J.V. w/ a lot of rec. players you go down to there level and then when club starts who won't play as good as you used to play.. That's just how i think of J.V.

corner kick
corner kick
quote:
Originally posted by scskeeper:
how about do something productive for once.

Like calling out the stupid idiots when you see them?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
_-ZING-_

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard