Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Soccer Interested (member number 429)

I have registered today to respond to your crticism of the Northwestern Tournament. Alot of people worked very hard to make the tournament enjoyable. Your criticism of the tournament is undeserved. I hope you will take the time to read the rest of this to learn the facts.

1. Field condition- You criticism of the field conditions is accurate. Spring Valley had to play there twice. We have to play all our home games there. We have been in a struggle for 3 years with school and district administration to get something done without success. It all has to do with interschool politics. If you want to help get something done send me an e-mail through Mr Heise with your criticism of the field (leave the complaints about the officials out) and I can use it to try to get some action. It is in your interest to do this since we will be in your region next year.

2.Officials

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reply was posted before I finished. As you should know officials are assigned by an assignor certified by the League. The schools have nothing to do with it. Your cricism of the officiating is totally onesided and off base. The call on the winning goal was correct. The official had a better view than any spectator; your coach said the call was correct and we have it on video tape which clearly shows that the ball only hit the cross bar of the soccer goal.

The official you complain about talking to the fans is the same official who called a penalty on the Northwestern goal keeper in the first game which allowed Spring Valley to tie the game. I guess you forgot to mention that. There were just as many fouls and yellow cards given to Northwestern as Spring Valley. There were a number of fouls which could have been called against Spring Valley which the official chose to let go. Spring Valley is a good team that plays tough aggressive soccer. So is Northwestern. These are two evenly matched teams who have already tied twice and either team could have won this game. Spring Valley had its chances. Neither the officiaitng nor the field condition stopped Spring Valley from scoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is to the Northwestern Parent.
Why did you have this tournament on that field if you knew it was in such bad shape? Aren't there other fields in Rock Hill that are in better shape? The tournament was well managed, other than a few refs. Overall, great tournament and good competitive soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well i was once a student at Northwestern and yeah some of the fields are a little ruff. But you guys are making it sound as if you cant even play soccer there. That isnt nothing at all you should try-out for there team when there is2 feet of snow then you know that it is ruff. And another reason why did you play since you know the field is in such bad shape?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About Northwestern's field...Having played there several times in the past few years, I have a plethora of knowledge about the issue. Very poor conditions! Very poorly kept! The part of it that gets me the most is that it is Northwestern, a very reputable school, a big school. It is not a rinky dink no-name school. Now, I understand that they are in the process of building a new soccer site, but that doesn't mean that the current facilities shouldn't be kept up to par. And you know it probably has nothing to do with the coaches. Somebody, particularly a person within that school system, should raise heck!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing we can do about it. All of our parents and our coach try to get the field as good as we can. But during the football season it all goes to waste. It isn't our decision. It is the school districts. Anyway you can't blame the field for everything. Everyone plays in the same conditons. We arn't used to the field either. We are trying as best as we can.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard