Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Question about JV....I notice that the JV teams are not ranked. Do the rankings that the varsity teams have correspond to JV? So that if the varsity team is ranked XX then the JV would be ranked accordingly?

Does anyone have opinions as to the top JV teams for both boys and girls?

S
throw in
throw in
S
There are no jv rankings.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Still Wando's jv is thought of as good because the varsity team is good

Brace
Brace
why don't we rank the jv teams here based on what we know so far. I'm interested in the opinions too.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Other than the juggernaut schools like Riverside and Mauldin there really isn't a direct relationship between good varsity/good jv. There are some very good varsity programs that don't rely on JV to feed them. The girls just stay with club until the ninth grade. I personally think these programs do themselves harm eventually. Other programs like ours have had decent JV teams with mostly middle school talent while we have built our varsity up. Now these girls are playing varsity and doing well so far. We want to be like those teams that can restrict their varsity rosters to upper classmen and young superstars but that takes both great club participation and a strong JV.

World Cup
World Cup
You tend to get more JV participation when girls are allowed to participate in both club and junior varsity. Some coaches tell the girls they can't miss hs practice, others tell them not to come on days they have club practice. Finding what works is key to building up the individual player...which eventually translates into team success.

What really helps the program out and allows for junior varsity wins to translate over to varsity wins is quality coaching and low turnover rates. Give the team a coach who knows what he is doing and more girls and parents will feel comfortable coming out. When you know a coach and can trust him over the years with all of your young ones, even better.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Not that it really matters,

http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicfrp.pl?Sport=s&div=j&Type=h&Gender=m&Season=06&Conference=jv&State=sc

try clicking on this link and it should show you everyones overall records. You can kind of come up with your own rankings. However, some programs don't report their scores so we don't really know.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
William,
I bet you have a great JV coach and you are just riding the wave he created for you in varsity, right?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
reporting of JV scores is a real issue and any attempt at ranking JV programs would be affected. However, I know the top programs in the upstate. What are some of the good ones in the midlands down?

World Cup
World Cup
The JV positions I have been associated with are merely revolving doors. James Island, for example!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard