Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what ive seen so far, bishop england has a very strong JV. Wando is good, but i would pick B.E. by atleast two goals over them in a game. I have also heard Summerville's JV is exceptional, they beat there varsity in a scrimmage.
I also noticed that it seems lower state JV seems more competive then upper state....

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Are you talking girls or boys?
I coach girls and your point is probably valid for girls. The upstate has a couple of very good teams, a few of us pretty good teams, and the rest would be clobbered by U12 classic teams.

I haven't seen all of these teams yet, but Riverside, Mauldin, Dorman, Eastside, possibly Spartanburg and Hanna are pretty good. I am sure I am leaving some good teams out, but most of the rest of the teams need work.

corner kick
corner kick
Oppressed,

Your earlier comment about direct relationships between varisty and JV teams can heavily depend on what the school deems is necessary in hiring a good coach for both JV and varsity. I know of a school that had a decent varisty coach and then added a good JV coach. The next year, that varisty coach left and was replaced by someone who never coached competitive soccer and never played it before. This season, there are obvious gaps. It all depends on the school's position on filling the coaching position. Do you just put someone in there because the AD knows them and they want the job or do you put someone in there that knows what they are doing?

corner kick
corner kick
William,

I know that TL Hanna will be better with Radio coaching soccer this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fort Mill has a large and strong JV girls' team. The starting eleven are essentially ten 8th grade U-14 club players plus one sophomore. They typically dominate early, then the rest of the squad gets a lot of playing time. The coach is easy-going and works well with girls that age. They travel with the varsity and learn from the older girls, which is turning into a nice situation as Fort Mill has been able to maintain a prominent position the last few years.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
quote:
Originally posted by soccer_is_life16:
Still Wando's jv is thought of as good because the varsity team is good

Wandos Jv is the best team JV team around. And be serious BE has no chance against them

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Go ahead...look past Summerville...Three games..15 goals...0 goals against

C
Brace
Brace
C
Guys this will all be decided at the WA jv tour. at the end of April. Wando is the defending champion. We will find out Sat april 22nd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Tuesday, Smvl will play Wando. Boys playing in Smvl on the worst field I've seen so far this season (I guess they only take care of the field during football season cause it is rock hard, dusty and very much grassless)and the Girls will be at Wando. This is a much anticipated match up for both varsity and JV. The JV programs at both schools are strong with many club players on both teams. Good luck to everyone.

One last thing, Good luck to Kimrey of Stratford as she moves up to varsity this week. You are a worthy opponent. Too bad the K-E-K connection put up a fight...at least they didn't hurt you. You are awsome and never give up. Can't wait to see ya'll play as a team again in AL.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard