Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were so many goals scored in a game with two quality teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am also wondering the same thing? I mean 9-7? [Confused] Man, thats ALOT of goals for two highly ranked teams. Did they both play that bad on defense or did they both do really well on there offenseive games??? I wish I could have seen this one, sounded like "goal frenzy" game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they go into pks and add each one to the score?

Brace
Brace
No, they were great goals off sets and throw-ins - just outstanding offensive production. If one team scored, the other team came right back. Defenses weren't soft, either.

BE had one goal in each overtime and it ended after the second 5.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
That is still crazy 16 goals in one game by upper echeleon teams.
I would have loved to see it.
How rested were the teams because went I played in the tourney we were wasted, especailly since we went to a shootout.
I am not saying that these two teams defenses were soft but it hard to believe that they were at the top of their games if you allow 9 and 7 goals.

This game should be nominated for Game of the Year and I did not even see it.

Question is BE school size anywhere near being consider moving up to 3A because I think there is only one team that can play with them in 2A, chapin?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just talked to Former BE keeper Adam Walker today, and he made me think of something that can account for the 16 goals. Now not to disrespect either teams keepers but, each team lost probably the best keepers in the state after last year. I believe that Nick Spinelli is starting for Ridge View, and he is a great goalie, and I am sure the BE goalie is as well, but it is a tough job replacing two top keepers. Now since I was not at the Game I am fully open to any opposition to this view.
P.P.

World Cup
World Cup
A.W. & J.D. -- simply said, it was an outstanding game!!!

Though both teams might not have the stellar net-minders like they had from a year ago (and BE was fortunate enough to have a "starting caliber" backup so that Walker could play in the field), Spinelli (RV) and Moshtaghi (BE) have both played solid in the net all year long for their squads.

In this match, Spinelli was pulled in favor of an underclassmen, Travis Gawler who played as well as he could, but in truth -- you could have built a 5-foot wall in the net on this night and still had the same score!

It was truly the most amazing soccer match I have ever witnessed (youth, high school, club, college, pro, etc.). Both teams possess outstanding attacks and have speed, height, and skill. The match was 3-2 in favor of BE at halftime and 7-7 at the end of regulation.

To have that much skill and offensive firepower on the field at one time made for the best championship of the Palmetto Cup ever -- topping the 6-4 overtime victory by West Florence against host Brookland-Cayce in 1996.

Great game by both teams and I believe you'll see these two squads playing in mid-May if they continue their current pace.

If anyone has a tape of this match, they could make quite a "coin", because I've received a bunch of requests to view this match.

Hope you guys are doing ok in the Bluegrass State!

Link Copied to Clipboard