World Cup
World Cup
Saturday Results:

BOYS JV @ Irmo End of Season Tournament

Brookland-Cayce 1-0 Irmo
Brookland-Cayce 4-1 A.C. Flora

World Cup
World Cup
The B-C JV boys team won the Irmo End of Season tournament with a 1-0 penalty kick decision over 4A power Spring Valley. The Bearcats posted a 3-0-1 mark in the Yellow (top) division of the tournament.

Sophomore Brandon Boyd was named the tournament MVP.

Congratulations to Coach Todd Wilkinson and the special group of JV boys that won this tourney title!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summeville JV Girls
*** Winner of the Yellow Division***

Congrats to 1st year coach Adam North-icing on the cake to a great season. The girls wanted this tournament and knew they could do it; you just guided them there.

The girls played together as a team and it took every ounce of energy to pull off the 1-0 victory against Irmo in the final.

world cup
world cup
Summerville girls played great on Saturday and justly deserved to win the title. Congratulations.

goal kick
goal kick
To answer a prior question the length of the matches: SCHSL rules limit the number of minutes that can be played each day. Because of this the length of each match must be shortened so the max number of minutes each day is not exceeded.

Here is a question: why limit the number of minutes for high school play. Varsity should be 45 and JV should be at least 40 for each half. What do you all think?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to Coach John Donohue's Ridge View boys JV squad, which captured the Black Division championship with a 4-0 record. Jon Stori was named MVP for the Blazers, who notched wins vs. White Knoll (2-0), Heathwood Hall (3-1), Hammond (3-0), and Cardinal Newman (3-2).

C
kick off
kick off
C
How were the divisions decided? Everyone seems to think the Yellow division is the top and black is the bottom, but on the girls side, that should be incorrect.

Airport beat in regular season the following teams in the yellow division:

Chapin (twice)
Dreher (twice)
Spring Valley (once - only played once)

They tied A.C. Flora 1-1.

Airport girls also won the black division title with only Hammond giving them a really tough game.

I would have liked to see Airport play Summerville or West Ashley or even A.C. Flora again. Not that they would have won, but I think they would have been good games.

goal
goal
"Awwwww, crybaby, why dontcha git yerself a Wahhhburger and some French Cries..."

C
kick off
kick off
C
Norris,

What's this about? Was it responding to me? I don't get the sarcasm. Who's crying? I was just pointing out facts and as was stated in the last paragraph, I would have liked to have seen better games. Airport probably would not have won the yellow division, but they've already proven themselves by beating half the teams in that division and didn't have the opportunity to play the other half. Season record was 18-2-1 (loss to BC twice, but won in the last game of the season). No tears here. Best JV season Airport has had.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard