A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update on dual participation bill, from The State:

"'Soccer bill' approved, awaits Hodges OK

Legislation allowing high school athletes to also play for club or recreational league teams headed Tuesday to the governor's desk for his signature.

The Senate on Tuesday approved the measure, along with a House amendment that exempted football players."

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/politics/3356867.htm

So if Slick Jimmy signs it, a number of problems for U13 and U14 club/JV players will be solved.

Then, let's get the high school and club coaches to work together for the players' benefit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats really suprising and although i think the new rule will be good for younger players- u13 and u14- i think it would be close to impossible for any older players to play both club and high school soccer at the same time if they are playing at a varsity level. i dont think they will have enough players interested in playing club soccer during the spring if they are participating in high school soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it final?

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Yes, it is final......here is the log from the bill. It looks like the governor did not want deal with a controversial topic, so it went thru without his signature. Dual Participation is now legal. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of coaches who are going to deal with on their level. But, the worst that can happen is that a player doesn't get to play high school because of a coaches decision. The rest of the team does not get hurt.

------ 20020606 Unsigned, became law without
signature of Governor
------ 20020530 Ratified R404
Senate 20020528 Concurred in House amendment,
enrolled for ratification
House 20020523 Read third time, returned to Senate
with amendment
House 20020522 Amended, read second time

Link Copied to Clipboard