Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be good because the talent of the players would increase and the teams would be very good. Like, i play for gfcU-16(u-15 last year). and the people on my team with the people on giles would kill other teams in the state. also we would have a really good chance of winning regionals. Also the U14 age group would be way to good. I think they would have a chance of winning nationals.But there is a problem,people on giles just dont want to come to us and we wont come to them. we just need to put the rivalry to rest and combine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you, that is genious, we need to put the rivalry away and worry about the W that counts most. Definately we would be contestors if we combined, but the people at the top are to stubborn to make the change, worry more about the kids rather than the amount of authority you have over the club. It can, like all things, can b divided easily! Lets make the change, G-ville isnt big enough for the 2 of us! Keep Greenville futbol club, because it would be the team of g-ville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are so right.I tried to make that happen in Columbia,but hard headed parents got in the way and caused Rapid Blue to split into 4 or 5 different teams.A combo of Rapid Blue & Red would have been as good as a GFC -St.Giles combo.Maybe next yr..Good luck to you guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Giles and GFC need to combine, but St Giles has larger pool of the better players, and the the 4 or 5 players they need from GFC are two stubborn to come over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kyle hughes, this is sean. ur playin with gfc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey who are u , i dont know a sean. what is your last name??? yeah im playin with gfc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sean i dont think that that is the same kyle hughes that plays for necsa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. In looking at the teams who have won state and are going to Regionals this year, I am only aware of Three Upstate teams. Two from St. Giles U-18G and U-14B, and one from GFC U-17G.
There may be another that I am unaware of, but even so, the club power has shifted to the lower part of the state for girls and the Midlands for boys. I can remember not too many years ago when almost every Challenge Cup Champion was from the Upstate.
The clubs need to put aside their squabbling and "turf" issues and seriously consider forming one "super" club.

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
The GFC U16B are also attending regionals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rcates, what are u talkin about. the team im talkin about is the up in coming u-16 team.

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
I was replying to Eastside about the teams attending regionals from the upstate. They listed 2 from St. Giles and 1 from GFC. GFC also has 2 teams (u17G and U16B) attending. But I do agree that it would be great for the teams in all age groups to combine. It appears to be starting to happen in the upcoming U17B age group.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
as the players get into the older age groups, the player pool shrinks. Only the really serious remain...this is when teams need to start combining. We have been doing this in the coastal region for a couple of years...clubs are much more co-operative. Need to think about the needs of the players...not the club...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the idea of the combination of different clubs, but it wont happen very easily. St. Giles has an awesome complex, the best in the upstate by far, GFC's is getting alot better too. St. Giles is a big club and so is GFC. But the would be an issue of control over the club, and i dont think that this could be resolved. And the name would have to change also. Maybe? Greenville Futebal Club United? any ideas?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first, learn how to spell "fútbol" correctly.

second, the essence of competition drives opponents to improve themselves. GFC and St. Giles help each other improve themselves by competing against each other. If the 2 clubs combine, where would the competition be? The synthesis would most likely lead to a large club that would end up not putting out the effort necessary to remain strong since there is no one to compete against--until another club uses the lack of competition in the Piedmont to work hard to become the next best club in SC.

D
throw in
throw in
D
CORRECTION: Many consider Brazil to be the finest nation in the world in soccer. In Portuguese, it is spelled "futebol". In fact, there are several different spellings in several different languages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the rivalry between St. Giles and GFC. Its great for the players. There would still be competition between other clubs in the state, and the players would have to work very hard to make the first and second team, etc...

Thanks for the spelling lesson, but i was right the first time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the rivalry between St. Giles and GFC. Its great for the players. There would still be competition between other clubs in the state, and the players would have to work very hard to make the first and second team, etc...

Thanks for the spelling lesson, but i was right the first time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just think if the parents were not so stubborn,they would see that there child would become a better player if this happened.Even if we did not combine, we can form a separate team and the issue of the clubs would stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont forget about the THIRD team GFC is taking to REGIONALS...U-19G USA who won the whole tournament last year...and look out for the u-17s who will most likely win. It would be great to see both teams go to nationals...and about the boys, i hope they can pull it together from the past two visits to regionals. I think Chris has been pushing them hard and they will finally be showing their stuff. Good Luck to all GFC and SC teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although it would be great to see GFC U19 G USA duplicat last year's success, it will not be easy. Three starters from last years team will not play for the U-19 team this year. Lindsey Beam is playing with the U-17 GFC team, Kacie Deon is out with a broken leg suffered in the North-South All Star game, and Stacy Simpson will be playing with U-18 St. Giles United Storm. I am not implying that these players were the entire team, but I think any team that loses three players of this caliber will feel the impact.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard