Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...why not play in the state travel league? You are not eligible to play in the state cup, are you? Or can you still play in the Classic Cup? This is not a flame, just curious.

I heard that the MP Pumas took some players from the Coastal Reds. Who'd they get?

S
Goal
Goal
S
yes, you can still play in the challenge cup. Also, keep in mind there's the Region III travel league. Here's the SCYSA link that describes all the rules for the state travel league:

State Travel League

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might want to check again. My understanding... Teams playing challenge state cup this Dec must either play R3PL or SCSCL. Younger teams can play pelham in fall and scscl in spring to qualify.

S
Goal
Goal
S
I thought the State travel league was also called Pelham, if that's not the case, I apologize.

Which brings up an interesting point. Over the years, my perception is that there are actually fewer classic teams than there used to be say 6-8 years ago. However, all these different travel leagues have popped up. Nationwide, soccer is booming but in SC, our numbers seem to be going down. Strange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to SCYSA this year is the SC State Premier League. The top two teams from last year's Challenge Cup play in the Region III Premier League, playing the top two from other states. Anyone wishing to play in the Challenge Cup (instead of Classic Cup) must play the Region III or the State Premier League. I did find out that those playing inb the Pelham League can play in the Classic Cup, but not Challenge.

Fewer teams? That is true thanks to the formation of "super" teams in the state. Most kids don't want to go out and get whipped 10-0 by these teams. With these teams now playing Region III, hopefully the numbers playing classic soccer will start to rise again.

Link Copied to Clipboard