Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5576 04/08/02 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets hear some opinions on which teams will do well in the playoffs and which team will be a shocker. Does anyone think Irmo can stay undefeated the whole season? what do yall think

#5577 04/08/02 11:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although they are the defending champs, everybody still seems to be hating on Dorman. I think thats they advantage though. Nobody takes them seriously. They always hit their A+ game at the end of the year. If they meet Irmo in the play-offs again, i think they will win. Irmo beat them once this year, and i don't believe that those kids will play with the right attitude if they play Dorman again. As i said, its better for Dorman if nobody counts on them.

#5578 04/09/02 12:16 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
The right attitude? And what is that? I believe that Dorman has been an over-rated team, and they were pretty much given the state championship last year. they will not go very far in the playoffs again this year. If anyone can say that the final games last year in 4A was a well reffed game, they need to go have their heads examined. And if you think I am just talking out my butt, I am a ref, and I can attest that that was the worst game I have ever seen reffed. Let alone the SCHSL screwed up and accidentally got upstate refs thinking it was going to be a RV Irmo final. This year Dorman has had a bullseye painted on their back, like Irmo has year after year...and they can't play up to the level that they need to to win...and this is going to continue. they aren't a bad program, but they don't have nearly enough talent to take state this year. I have seen them play on a couple of occasions. I guess what I am saying is that Dorman will make the playoffs, but when they meet a good team that wants it...they will fold under the pressure. this is only my opinion, and you are more than welcome to tell me that I am full of it. But I believe that Irmo will take the championship pretty easy. They are the only team that is playing with consistency, and the record to show it. Nobody has even pressed Irmo to play to their full potential yet. they are truely one of the best teams in the nation this year.

#5579 04/09/02 02:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play for airport and with all respect to Irmo...#6 in the nation i think that they had to play there hardest to keep Airport from keeping up with them. The final score was 7-3. Airport played well for an unranked team and if I am not mistaken put the most goals in on Irmo as any team has this year. I do believe they have what it takes to win the championship but if they let there gaurd down they might let one game slip by them. Good luck Irmo and good game.

That was the first time I ever saw Irmo play DIRTY...The little dreads guy was playin pretty ruff as well as the long haired guy.

#5580 04/11/02 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said Soccerboy, once you reach a certain level, and you think you are sooo good, its hard to concentrate on the task at hand, when you think you should be holding up the championship trophy. It is so in college and in the pros. I've seen it happen before, and it just might happen again. If Irmo meets Dorman again, and thats an If, it just might happen that they look past them to the championship game. It just might happen. That might be the chance that Dorman needs.
And on you being a ref...what are you trying to say, that you know how to call a game better? All of you suck. I don't even know why you would want to be a ref, and put a big target on YOUR back. I've seen the game last year, and that ref made some dumb decisions, but that is over. I am talking about this year.

#5581 04/13/02 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all i know is there is gonna be another team besides irmo and dorman 2 watch out 4........i dont have 2 say the name because their play will let yall know who it is........peace

#5582 04/13/02 06:55 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I think Irmo may go all the way but as some others have said if they don't keep their minds on the game at hand then they might find themselves at the state championship in the stands. I saw the Dorman/Irmo and Ridge View/Dorman matchs last year and I think Dorman completely surprised both teams. Maybe this year it won't be Dorman that surprises everyone but don't count the underdogs out. Then again Irmo could just roll everyone over on their way to State and bring another trophy home to Irmo High School. Me personally I always like to see the underdog pull it off

#5583 04/13/02 07:41 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Aiken High could go far...so long as the competition is blindfolded, slapped in the head, and told to walk backwards.

#5584 04/14/02 05:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont talk trash about my boys........especially when u dont even coach boys.....stick 2 talking trash about girls soccer.....peace

#5585 04/14/02 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
south aiken

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard