Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to the SCYSA building a centrally located facility, I have reservations about the SCYSA getting into the real estate and maintenance side of soccer.

First and foremost soccer is already expensive. I would hate to think what our fees would have to go to to maintain all of the trappings of a "state soccer facility".

At first glance, it seems to me that midstate clubs would be the only beneficiaries of a facililty such as this. Is it going to be funded with upstate and lowstate SCYSA money, as well as midstate? This could be pretty divisive. I do not believe the midstate would be in favor of a facililty in the upstate or lowerstate and call it centralized doesn't justify it. Let's be honest with ourselves on that. Centralized for what? Hosting State Cup once every three years on a rotating bases? Four or five ODP workouts? Hosting regionals every 8 years?

And where in Columbia? Not everyone would be happy with its location because there is no land centralized.

If these fields were used regularly by a local club, then a reasonable expectation would be that they rent it for a fare price, pay toward the maintenance, etc. and therefore, it would be in the best interest of the club if it purchased it's own fields in the longrun. The club could truly have control of its fields.

Just some thoughts, that's all.
BLJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know any details about what SCYSA might want to do. Just heard that they were interested. Obviously, a lot of issues would have to be addressed. However, I think that if enough open-minded people agreed to participate in the process, it could get done.

Go Go G. If you can gather a group of people who want to have a serious discussion about a merger, let me know the time and the place. I will represent the NECSA board at the meeting and will be glad to take a proposal back to our parents, players and board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just a soccer parent, not a board member with any association. I believe that the initial interest in this matter has to come from the respective association board members in order for it to be taken seriously. As you stated earlier, each association has to want this to happen. I believe it can start with phone or e-mail contacts with each association to see if there is interest in merging and a discussion of the benefits and opportunities of such a merger.
If NECSA is interested, is CRSA? is CSC? is LSC?
Maybe we can view the interest in this forum. What about it Tripp, Dennis, Kevin??? Others?? I don't know any board members at LSC, but I am sure they read this valuable soccer forum. Is there interest there?? You don't have to do it alone. There are plenty of us frustrated parents, players, coaches out here to help with the merger...if you want it to be so. Lets be the best we can be....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GGG:

I would never say you are "just" a soccer parent.

Soccer parents can and should rule the clubs. At one time, board members were also "just" soccer parents.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
GGG, TP, OTHERS -- excellent collaboration on this topic!

That's what this Message Board can provide and I believe you all have jump-started an important discussion about where Columbia's club soccer scene needs to go in the future!

Keep it up.

Goal
Goal
I asked the question a week ago about the position being filled, has it? If not, whose still in the running and why is it taking so long? Seems to me that they would want someone in place by May for tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kyle,
As you know this merger topic has had much past discussion and comments, but nothing has ever come of it. I hope some club folks will really look at the possibility. Without a merger the Cola. area will continue to slowly lose exceptional players to GFC, St. Giles and even possibly Aiken. Kyle, you are hereby appointed as the moderator of this debate; and it is your duty and obligation to bring all concerned parties together to make this merger a reality!!!!! -
C S A - Columbia Soccer Association

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great discussion! But WHO is the doc at CSC?!!! This will play heavily on the whole"merger" idea!

Regaurdless of what Mr. P says NECSA WILL NOT merge b/c Tripp will not allow it!!!!!! Bottom line take it to the bank etc!!!! Many many many parents have tried this for years!!! And why should all the TALENT go play at NECSA AFTER their u14 years?

To GGG I really like the idea of the LSC,CSC,CRSA thing!!!! I think the people involved in those clubs could really get things going!!!!! I think if Eddie gets the job he and KEvin H could work something out that could be in the BEST interest of thye KIDS!!!!!!

By the way it is Columbia United Soccer Associaiton(CUSA)!!!!!! What do you think!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shearer,
I agree with you as I stated earlier that NECSA is a social club and too political to give it up for a merger. LSC and CSC of course have the fields to handle a mega-club and CRSA has the one central city field. It just will take serious discussions among all parties to make it happen. Then we can seriously compete with all state clubs. But..I dont know if I like the C U S A name..... it sounds a bit odd....'KOO-SA' maybe it will work.... I just thought *C S A* was a bit stronger and had more presence, but if all we have to do to make the merger work is come up with a name, then we are almost there!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the name lets get the players together so we can compete with GFC and ST Giles!!!!!! It will only make our HS programs BETTER!!!!!!!!! No more Greenville wins!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard