Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#56061 03/31/03 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, has anyone tried to make suggestions, comments or even ask a question of anyone on the state board? Do you find it difficult to get a response? If you get a response, does it appear condescending? It seems like the same people have been on the board forever..do any of them even have kids who still play youth soccer? Has anyone tried to run for any of the positions or do you all just play soccer and not pay them any mind? [Eek!]

Going for the advantage but getting fouled,
Soccermom

#56062 04/01/03 02:20 AM
Goal
Goal
The SCYSA is poorly run. Until the people that are running it are removed from their positions, it will continue to be a disgrace. There is a quote on their pitiful web site that states:

quote:
If you have any questions that are not answered in this Web site, feel free to contact one of the people whose number is listed in the "People" section.
Well, none of my questions have ever been answered and I believe from the President down there is a disdain for anyone that comments on their actions and decisions. You wonder why our ODP system is so poor in S.C.? Well look no further than the SCYSA!

Good luck on solving your problem (because you're going to need it).

#56063 04/02/03 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed - best for organization to get fresh perspectives involved.

#56064 04/02/03 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why hasn't anyone run against them? In looking at the board makeup, it clearly looks like the elected board, P, VP, Sec, T appoint the rest of the directors. Is that legal - to be able to appoint, 7 (I think) people to essentially stack any decision making in your favor? A company couldn't get away with that, why can they? Has anyone taken them to task on it? I keep hearing it's a waste of time, is it? Isn't it our kids that they are representing?

I just may be opening up a whole can of worms - the thing that keeps coming up is that if you make waves, your child get's played like a pawn.

Soccermom

#56065 04/02/03 02:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you two talking about, Soccermom & Colafan??? What are your specific complaints?? You cannot accuse a board and Pres. of general poor management without some specifics?? In my limited dealings with the board, I have received immediate, next-day assistance. I don't know of any issues in which the state board has interfered with local clubs or leagues, which is where most of us are involved and where the game is actually played, anyway. And Colafan, you must not have noticed the recent ODP successes of the 87&88 ODP boys in Ala. regional camp. 87 boys were 3-1-1 against TN,GA,FLA,NC and SouthTX. and 88 boys were 2-1-1 against similar competition.
But, the main issue is that if you don't have specific issues to be addressed, then don't just create hot air!

#56066 04/02/03 02:08 PM
Brace
Brace
The SCYSA Board is an "in-bred" compilation of folks that have been hand-picked by like-minded brethren. Why does our state settle for SCORE uniforms for the State Select ODP teams? Geez, at least look first-class in adidas or Nike! Fred Bieber cannot accept criticism, whether on the field as an official or as a president of SCYSA - he simply will not tolerate or accept views different from his own. I know that some have run against him, but none have the clout of supporters that he has surrounded himself with. There are at least six board members that have been involved with state administration for at least 8-10 years - with no new blood allowed to intervene and break up the "good old boys." [Mad] Our state has suffered in youth soccer due in part to selfish pursuits by adults to gloat on their achievements, when in reality they have only patted each other on the back for "jobs well done!" I have lost a lot of favor with the poorly run ODP program as well as the stand-offish posturing that Bieber and company subscribe to in dealing with club soccer. This attitude pervades the entire state system as "we're better than you and we are utlimately the law." Rather than try to work with clubs for the promotion and development of youth soccer, the SCYSA Board has relegated SC youth soccer to the doldrums of those in the South, with the possible exception of Arkansas and Mississippi which are simply awful in all respects. Sorry to ramble, but this topic struck a nerve. I'd like to hear if others share the same opinion or could offer rebuttle (with facts). Thanks for letting me vent! [Wink]

#56067 04/02/03 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL - Go Go Goal - you sound like you are member of the board! I agree with you - There are specific areas that I would like addressed, however, bringing them up here would not be appropriate or professional. I asked my question simply because I wanted to know if others had similar responses to mine when questioning why things are done. I and others have contacted various individuals about specific situations, the most common reply is that if disdain and making us (those questioning) feel like we are even foolish to question their authority. I do have quite a few situations that I can pin point. You know how things are, you let one thing go but then realize it happens every time - and then you start to wonder if this happens to others.

As far as ODP goes, that was brought up by Cola Fan - obviously he/she as some issues with it - where can one go to make suggestions & comments? The issue is more so communication, receiving constructive critisism and welcoming suggestions rather than making people afraid to voice an opinion.

Soccermom

#56068 04/02/03 03:04 PM
Brace
Brace
Hey soccermom, it would be nice if SCYSA would have a message board to ask THEM direct questions. I know about not wanting to air specifics as well - that should be done in private, but I can tell that you've had a similar experience in dealing with SCYSA higher-ups!

#56069 04/02/03 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccermom, I am not a board member and don't even know the members. I am just a parent with a kid playing challenge league soccer. But if you do not give some general examples of what you are complaining about, then how can anyone know what's the problem? Don't you agree that the job of parents and coaches and leagues and players is to just play the game of soccer in our respective areas and not try to create discord and conflict without valid issues?? How has the state organization adversely affected you? If you just were not treated all nicy-nicy when you called with a question, then maybe you need to consider that there are different personalities in this world; and maybe you did not receive as polite a response as you felt you should. Play-On!

#56070 04/02/03 06:06 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
I have 2 kids who played about 10 years of youth soccer, both rec and classic and since they're all grown now, I have no dog in this fight. But I will throw a few comments into the ring for consideration.

I agree, many of the names on the board have been there for quite a while, some of them were there when my kids were playing. I know several of the people personally, and yes, they've all had kids that played although many have grown up and no longer do. One reason why there hasn't been much turnover might be that no one else really wants the job. I don't believe they get paid anything and there's a lot of work involved. Plus, the work involves telling people "No" much of the time, which really can be a downer if you're just a volunteer.

I did a little research and here's the Bylaws on how officers are elected. http://www.scysa.org/SCYSA%20Const%20&%20Bylaws.htm. I suspect that it's pretty much a template given to the state by USYSA and each state is run about the same. If you think that you'd like a shot at it, then I say, go for it. If, as you say, no one can dislodge the current incumbents, then I would say that indicates most people (> 50%) are happy with the job they're doing. Otherwise other people would run and they would get voted out.

As I said, I have no issue with the board or what some of you are complaining about now. It doesn't affect me anymore, I could care less. I personally think the best board is one that has older, more experienced people and also some people that have younger kids actually playing. However, I've been at some District & State Cup tournaments where some very touchy situations have occurred and you simply can't beat experience when it comes to the hard issues.

I do agree that in my day (the 90's), I was very unhappy with the ODP program. Tryout information was non-existent and the one tryout one of my kids did attend was very unsatisfactory, IMHO. From reading soccer forums in other states, it's the same in most areas of the country. However, in recent years, the SCYSA ODP game results I've seen posted seem to indicate at least that end of things is improving.

#56071 04/02/03 07:08 PM
R
kick off
kick off
R
Soccermom & The Hammer, I respect your decision not to air any criticisms, you are obviously a better person than I.

This is for you go go goooooal ...

Did you know that the SCYSA Board voted to get rid of the Director of Coaching from the Board? Yes, Van Taylor is now a part time employee that does not attend Board meetings and does not get to vote. So the most important soccer voice in this State is nullified.

Fred Bieber on behalf of SCYSA paid for the treasurer and other board members to attend teh USYSA convention in LA but did not feel it was necessary to send our Director of Coaching. SC was the only state who did not send a DOC to the convention.

Did you know that SC is one of the few states in the country that does not have a full time director of coaching. (Despite having $400 000 in the bank!)

The Board is made up of three married couples. Ethics?

There are no term limits.

The majority (90%) of the Board does not have any kids playing youth soccer. They are unaware of the trials and tribulations a soccer family experiences in one month - never mind a season. Their kids played when soccer was free, league games were played on the local park and the only tournament they attended was the end of season jamboree. (Does'nt sound too bad does it!)

SCYSA is actually declining in membership!

Did you know the SCYSA has voted on increasing the fee's for the 2003/4 season? No, you probably did not, but then not many do, despite the fact that this decision was made in January. As a club Director I would like to know these things as despite being a small club we actually do have an annual budget. Unlike SCYSA my Club does not have $400 000 sitting in the bank! (By the way it is earning a measly 2%!!) I challenge you to get a copy of an SCYSA budget -they dont have one! At the AGM all you get is a copy of SCYSA's tax return.

At this past AGM John Freed ran against Fred Bieber for President. When Club Presidents registered to vote they were received by Board Members wearing Vote Fred Bieber stickers. Gee, as a dad who just got elected President of his organization what would you do? (So much for remaining neutral).

Somebody mentioned that the Directors elect the other Board Members, this true and obviously self serving! However, that is only half the story. At the AGM discussed above each Board member gets one vote - that one vote carries the same vote as a club with 450 members! Put teh above two facts together and you get .... an SCYSA Board that has been unchanged in 8 years!

Gong back to the meeting in January, the calendar for the 2003/2004 was finalized. I have yet to see it. Once again as a director I plan NOW for the Fall & Spring. Don't you think those dates would be handy?

You mention the success of the ODP. That is due to the Club progrmas not SCYSA. The negative comments about ODP are about administration! SCYSA is in charge of administration not developing players! Why do some of the better players / teams not support ODP?

Take a look at the SCYSA web site. Someone in the upstate offered to design and maintain a professional web site free of charge for SCYSA. No surprises as to what happened to that! Fred Bieber is the SCYSA web master and would NEVER relinquish control!

The current league and state cup format was actually proposed 4 years ago!!

Terry Gordon was relieved of her duties as Recreational Director because she had the audacity to try and promote the game. Needless to say that Terry was replaced by a trusty good ol' boy! He has been in his position since August and we have yet to see or hear anything promoting the recreational game from him or the state!

Try and attend a Board Meeting. Better yet, check the SCYSA web site to see if you can access the minutes - you may be lucky and get those from 2001! (If the hover buttons work!) What are they trying to hide!

Times up! Let me know if you want to know more, and when I get a spare 5 minutes, I will be happy to enlighten you!

Thank you to all those volunteers that do such a fantastic job for the sport of soccer!

Justin

#56072 04/02/03 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Justin,
You sound like a disgruntled ex-ODP coach. Contrary to your ravings, I believe that soccer in SC is continuing its rapid growth with much success. One would think that if the state administration was so poor, that the sport of soccer and participation throughout the state would be declining. Your own club was not even in existence a few short years ago. There are scholarship programs to assist new referees, coaching scholarships available to its members. And based on your own information, the association definitely isn't close to being broke!! Be a team player and support your own state soccer organization.
Play-On!

#56073 04/02/03 08:55 PM
R
kick off
kick off
R
Hold on, go go gooal - you are singing to another tune now!

You ask Soccermom to provide you with some specifics ... we provide you with some and you throw some useless propoganda around to deflect the issue at hand!

You might want to read my message again because you will see that I stated the number of players in SC IS declining! Also, I did not mention or imply that they (SCYSA) were broke I was actually disgusted that they have over $400 000 in the bank that is not being invested properly, there is no annual budget, and there is absolutely no long term financial planning!

I challenge you to refute any statement, that is in my previous message. And if you want to be taken seriously - dont hide behind go go gooooal

Justin

PS: Van Taylor has in the last 3 months asked me to work with the ODP - I kindly declined!

#56074 04/02/03 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry if I said anything to shut up your soccermom, Justin. I guess you are her spokesperson now. My comments relative to the $400,000 were meant to depict that the state association must be doing something right and must be well managed. And there is no way on this green grass that the number of soccer players in SC is DECLINING!!! Look at your own organization.... hasn't it grown tremendously in the last few years.... and the number of teams increased? And every rec and classic league I know of in this state is bursting at the seams...crying for more fields.

#56075 04/02/03 09:31 PM
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
JUSTIN,
WELL SPOKEN AND TO THE POINT!!!!!

#56076 04/02/03 10:37 PM
Goal
Goal
JC, thanks for your honesty, frankness and rationale! Seems to me that go go goooaaalll has a personal and vested interest in the current Board, regardless of what he says. Something reaks of NECSA here. Simply put, the people in charge are doing a poor job and changes should be made!

#56077 04/02/03 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Gogogoal - I didn't do anything to you to deserve such a venomous reply, nor did anyone else for that matter.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to respond and provide good info - I sense mostly frustration.

I agree everyone is a volunteer and certainly appreciate everything that you/we/they all do to develop our players, be sure they have fun and offer them as many opportunities as we can. The intent of my post was to gather information just to understand the soccer community's perception of SCYSA. I have no doubt that at one time SCYSA did their jobs not for self satisfaction but purely for their love of the game and the kids that play it. I just feel that somewhere they have lost sight of this. I was privy to a conversation between a couple of people and a board member - what they were asking was not something that could be done - and they conceded, however, they were blasted and called foolish for even bringing the subject up. The response was something to the effect of, "I've been doing this way too long to fall for that garbage"....I'm sorry, but this was very disrepectful and nasty and should not be tolerated from a board member. The coach is a good guy and has his kids best interests at heart - the coach will no longer try to make suggestions or try to promote change in the state - why? Because he was made to feel unwelcome and basically called an idiot. Why would he waste his time? This is why things remain the way they are.

I don't pretend to think that some personalities don't mesh, however, when you have a prominent position in a very visable organization, it is your job to remain professional and treat everyone with respect. There are people I come into contact with in my job that I don't care for, however, they would never know it because we all have a job to do and I treat them all with the utmost respect.

I am going to go do some reading - and educate myself on SCYSA's bylaws etc. One thing I do well is my homework [Big Grin]

This is been very eye opening,
Soccermom (no relation to any of the folks here as go go goal insinuated).

#56078 04/02/03 11:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccermom,
I am glad to hear that Justin, of all people, is not your spokesperson. Just to clear up a point that Cola Fan made, there is no NECSA love here! I have seen and am disgusted at all the egos among most of the club directors in SC, especially NECSA. Those egos will always keep this state from producing the best soccer teams that can be put together. Yet, I further believe that rather than tear down an association which appears to be functioning quite well (given that it is long and hard VOLUNTARY WORK), that we should look for the good in the association and give it some credit for helping soccer succeed in SC, as it has done. I know I would not have the voluntary time and effort that has been contributed freely over the years by the association. Soccermom, thanx for stirring me up and for creating genuine discussion about the game we love. If we didn't care, we would not be so involved in our discussion!

#56079 04/03/03 02:31 AM
R
kick off
kick off
R
Go go goooooal I agree with you that coaches / DOC's have ego's but how are they any different to the ego's of your hallowed SCYSA board?

Your obvious dislike for DOC's blinds you from the fact they are responsible for the growth and development of their respective clubs / teams / players - not SCYSA. In your haste to throw darts at me you even complimented me on achieving the above within my own organization! Thanks for the compliment & thanks for proving my point!

I would be interested to see what Roban Benich (SCYSA State Registrar) would say about your remarks about the number of players in SC!

I see that you are still hiding behind go go gooooal.

Justin

PS: Just out of curiosity have you ever scored a goal? LOL

#56080 04/03/03 06:21 AM
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Go Go Goooooal
Are you a present or past board member? Sounds like it. Why do the best players not participate in the $$$ODP Politcal program (I ment ODP)??
ODP is expensive - $250 per child to play in a tournament in Jekyll Island or Atlanta. $650 for regional camp. Where does the money go? I can understand the $650 for camp, but $250 per child for a tournament.

Justin - you may know some of the answers to these questions. I certainly do agree with you and think you are right in what you have presented about the SCYSA board.
We are not the wealthiest family, we were told that ODP offered financial assistance. We inquired about this prior to one of the $$$Tournaments. We nicely were told to ask again prior to the next tournament and maybe something could be done then.
My son loves the game of soccer and would like to continue playing in college. Why do college coaches look at ODP participation?
Justin - I think you are an excellent coach and represent the soccer community well. You coached my son on the 88 ODP team.

#56081 04/03/03 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WoW! $400,000 and hear I am breaking my but, With 3 other Coach's trying to promote and help the local kids to play Classic.And trying to build Teams up for Fall Classic in Sumter.And trying to raise money for the local HS, So they don,t end the Jv/Girl soccer programs in 2004.

We have just Acquired 3 Training fields and a full size field, All under one roof with flood lights and a club house for 2003/04 in Sumter.And no it is not dillion park! Now all we need is some money $10,000 would be nice."SCYCA"

Every Sunday, I and a few Coach's dedicate our services Free, To all the kids in Sumter at Haynesworth ST,Sumter at Patriot Hall soccer field from 1-4pm. We train them and educate the parents, So we can have more kids playing Classic soccer for Spring/Fall.

We could do allot of good with some of that Money in our deriction. And it would be nice to see a (SCYCA Representative) come out and speak to us and at our club meettings, And direct us in the right direction for the sake of the kids and the greatest sport on earth SOCCER.

If any one thinks something is fishy with SCYCA Books etc, Then call (SLED) they will investigate it.
For I have nothing against SCYCA and board members, But it sounds to me it needs some NEW BLOOD (Young Blood).

Ps: I have two girls and they don't play soccer.They play music and ride horses.

Didier Blanquart
Sumter Soccer Club D/Coaching
U18 Sumter United Lady's Head Coach
ST Francis Xavier HS Coed Ast Coach
LCC Ast Coach/Recruiter Jnr College Div1 in CA.

didier_blanquart@hotmail.com

#56082 04/07/03 06:35 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Le Coach

Just a quick question for you ( and no i am not bashing you). Where is that complex that you speak of in Sumter? Lights, clubhouse, etc. It sounds great. I would like to go see it so if you could tell me where it is that would be great

#56083 04/07/03 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I would like to know as well! Where did the money come from? Does Sumter soccer club still have boys teams?

#56084 04/07/03 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to tell you, but I will let him announce it at the Sumter soccer club meeting this week, If it goes down well.
If not then he will start a NEW Club in Sumter on them fields.So I hope SSC board members get a move on and work together to make SSC a BIG club for fall for all age groups.So lets go BRUCE [Wink] (just like Elvis go man go)

#56085 04/08/03 07:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who does Sumter play and how many teams do they have to get a complex? Sounds great for that area. My wifes family is there and has no where to play. Tell me more.

#56086 04/08/03 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Coach,

I have sat back and struggled through your broken English as I read your posts about how great Sumter Classics are since they went undefeated versus teams in the Sandlapper League. That is not a big accomplishment. I could gather up a team of blind 7 year olds and do the same thing. I hope you are aware of this fact. By the way, why the broken English? I understand that you are from France (what a great place to claim [Confused] ) but from your posts you lived in Austrailia since you were 9. The most common language in that country is English, right? So are you from Austrailia and just have poor grammar, or is this a lie? I have read these posts for months and just laughed at some of the claims. (not just at your posts but at some of the posts of those who have bashed you.) I would like to know some answers to the following questions:

1. How did you coach a team in california at the same time that you posted you were attending Lakewood verse Crestwood matches and stating that it was worth the 3 dollars? You mst have a lot of Sky Miles, withe the flights back to scout crestwood and Lakewood.
2. State the name you used from the 87 French U23 natonal team. I Have the archives of the French National teams since 81 and Didier is not on any of these? Just wanted to find out what name you used so when I see a picture of the 87 U23 National Team I will know what you look like.
3. I have not been to Sumter in some time so I do not know what the field situation is, but I see that it has caused some controversy. Where are the fields located? Do not say Sumter. Where EXACTLY are the fields.
4. What is the name of the Junior College where you coached? You seem afraid to state the name of the school. Is it true that you coached there. If it is I would think that yuou would be proud of the school and would tell everyone about the great JuCo that went 18-2-0 in their fisrt season.

Le Coach,
I know that it seems I am bashing you. This post is directed at some of the claims you have made. Your answers to these questions should help you because they will probably fend off all the questions of all the other people who seem to jump on your case. Before you assume that I have something against you personally, realize that we will never meet, and I truly hope that you are able to answer these questions to shut up all those, including me, that have questioned you on your posts. I hope you are as qualified as you claim. It would be great to have that expertise in this state. Hopefully, I can steal you away from Sumter to coach here in Columbia. We have great clubs up here and you could even apply for the DOC at CSC. But, you would need to justify your qualifications with facts first.

Leroy Brown

#56087 04/09/03 03:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Bad Mofo

Leroy Brown I no you Mate! Crocodile dundee film.
BORTHA WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU FROM just Wondering!

You have been on SCSOCCER.COM for just one day!
And you are 103 years old, WoW you going strong!
If you look real hard at them pictures, you will see me in a YELLOW #1 Keeper jersey.
You are just one more "YOBO" and a CROC OF S#$%(Pigeon English Mate)

If I was you age 103 I would spent more time with my grandkids. And chasing nurses on my wheel chair at the nursing centre.
When you can show you self on scsoccer.com like a real man.Real age,sex,location,HS,Team and so on.
Come back to me.

Later POPO (GRANDPA)

PS: The best man for the CSC job is RUSELL SHELLY.And use guys are trying so HARD to find out about them soccer fields in Sumter.SHAW Lt John McLeod will tell all, when he is ready in two weeks.

#56088 04/09/03 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take your lack of answers to these questions to mean that they are not true. If they are true then simply answer the questions and everyone will know how much of a " YOBO " I am when you prove me wrong. If they are false then why make the claims, you must be a good coach since you had an udefeated team, but if you are going to make claims you should be ready to substanciate these claims with facts if you are to be credible.

#56089 04/09/03 01:53 PM
Brace
Brace
Le Coach - I don't think the requests by 1 Bad Mofo were so unjust. Please substantiate your claims. Also watch the sexist remarks about chasing women - especially if you coach girls soccer, which in reviewing your posts you claim. That's unethical, maybe not illegal, but certainly unethical and I'm sure there are other parents that feel this way as well!

#56090 04/09/03 03:03 PM
Goal
Goal
Getting back to the subject matter of this topic which relates to SCYSA and not Le Coach, where are the defenders of the current system? Do none of them keep up with high school soccer or do they just care about the club season and ODP stuff? I was very disgruntled when my son participated in ODP and eventually gave it up due to the "politics" involved. SCYSA needs a change and the ODP system needs to be overhauled.

#56091 04/09/03 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High school ball has taken a back seat to club in the past few years due to many factors. The fact that a team can have many great players on the same squad helps club. This allows for the focus of recruiting to be on club where, at the right tourn., a college coach can scout 40-50 young men/women. At a high school match there may be (at the MOST) 10 players total, and that is only when a team such as Wando plays Irmo. ODP has been very political, but this has been the case for many years. I wish I could suggest a way to change this, but few feasible options are availible.

#56092 04/09/03 03:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
COLAFAN
Two right lets get back on SCYSA matter.
Because I would like to hear more about the ODP and that $400,000 in the piggy bank.

Maybe SCYSA should form a separate ODP Sub committee,run by TOP Coach's and parents in SC.

#56093 04/10/03 04:08 AM
B
goal
goal
B
I keep hearing everbody denegrate ODP and talk about the politics involved. What exactly do you mean by politics? Is the selection process flawed? My son has participated in ODP for 2 years and it has been my experience the coaches have tried very hard to be fair in selection. If the coaches know a player from previous years or club play,does he have an advantage? Probably.ButI don't know the solution. Maybe having an impartial panel made up of college coaches and other experts would help in the selection process. But, some would argue the coach has a right to select the players he/she will be coaching.Again, ODP in its present form has been a positive experience for my son.Is it perfect?No. But it still beats not participating.

#56094 04/10/03 12:51 AM
C
goal
goal
C
I do not think anyone can say that politics is involved in the selection of the players. I think the BIGGEST complaint about ODP is the high cost compared to the perceived benefits. I stress the word perceived. My daughter does enjoy ODP but is frustrated by the lack of practices and organization of the few practices. I get very frustration by the lack or organization in the administration. I have offered to help organize some people to help but it is always turned down. Nothing about ODP is organized. I am not a very organized person myself but I am smart enough to surround myself with team members that are organized. The leadership needs to learn to use the strengths of its members and not try and do everything itself. I realize that organizing these events can be very tuff and a lot of work but the SCYSA leadership doesn't seem to want help. That is why I get so upset with them...

#56095 04/10/03 03:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Loy

You are so "RIGHT" maybe SCYSA should visit GERMANY ODP program, and learn from them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard