Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#56117 04/10/03 10:01 PM
R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
In an unsigned letter from Fred Bieber, Club Presidents around the state were notified that SCYSA has decided to increase it's fee's for the first time in many years!

Given the rise of costs this does not surprise me!

However, I do have questions about the following excerpt taken from the above mentioned letter:

A review of SCYSA finances "indicated a deficit, approximately $50 000 annually"

How many years has this gone on for?

Where is this money going?

Has anyone ever seen a budget for SCYSA?

As a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization shouldn't the SCYSA Budget be available to it's members?

SCYSA Board Members / Supporters please provide me with the answers!

#56118 04/11/03 03:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see no one is interested in your post. No one wants to hear your whining again, Justin C. You spend an excessive amout of time putting down your own state organization. You should spend some of your time trying to put some decent soccer teams on the pitch!

#56119 04/11/03 04:39 AM
R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
Go Go Goooal, I am so happy you took a bite! I thought you had crawled back into your little hole! Stop running and hiding every time the conversation gets exciting! Answer the questions!

PS: As long as you continue to hide behind your pseudonym your worthless ramblings carry no credence!

#56120 04/11/03 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is hiding? Everyone on here has a pseudonym. Thats because its the information thats important on this forum, not identities. You want to make everything into personal conflicts. Thats not what this forum is for! Just state your information and ideas, and don't just resort to criticism of others for there own actions and ideas. And don't be so sensitive when others happen to have different ideas or beliefs. If your whole point here is to bring down Bieber, then this is not the proper venue for you. Just continue with your efforts at coaching. If you have a problem with the SCYSA organization, take it there.

#56121 04/11/03 12:31 PM
R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
You are hiding - hiding from the truth! You are a staunch supporter of SCYSA but yet you cannot provide any answers to the legitimate questions posed above!

I believe it is you who is making this into a personal vendetta ... with me! Obviously, I have touched a nerve!

If you knew me as well as you make it appear you would know that the above issues have been taken to the SCYSA annually for the last 3 years ... to no avail!

Your statement about pseudonyms is partially correct! Not everyone hides behind them - I guess it is just the cowards that personally attack others and hide behind their fictitious identities. But I guess that is what makes the difference between you and me! [Wink]

#56122 04/11/03 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you so much! You made my earlier point very clearly - that you turn everything into a personal issue, hoping that will sway people to your thinking. Just stick to ideas and concepts, if you are capable of that. I have not attacked you directly, as you have me, over the SCYSA issues you have proposed. When did I attack you personally?? And as for your 'coward' comment, I believe my nerves are well adjusted to be able to deflect such a statement. For your own info I am a lowly soccer parent with no affiliation with SCYSA. I have no answers to your questions. I am only here in this forum to exchange soccer ideas and interact with other soccer fans. So don't take me so seriously! It is just disgusting that you are attempting to bring down a Pres. on this forum. Have a good weekend! And good luck, Justin, with your teams on the pitch.

#56123 04/11/03 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't care anything about you guys(go go go goal and jc's) little tift! What I WOULD like to know is if there is a copy of the budget to see as a member of SCYSA!!!!! I think you are right Justin with the budget being made public of our members to see!!!! I don't trust Fred as far as I can throw him!!!!

Justin have you asked for the numbers in a formal way? Thanks for the interesting info!!!!

Shearer

PS We damn well know one thing! the $50,000 wasn't spent on ODP uniforms!!!!!SCORE who the hell wears SCORE????? [Wink] [Big Grin]

#56124 04/11/03 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCYSA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.

As a result, ANYONE (member or not) can look at their Form 990 (tax return).

Not sure what procedures SCYSA has in place, but I THINK that you can request a copy of the 990. Just send a letter to the SCYSA office asking for a copy. Will give you tax-return level information about the finances.

I know from talking to Fred Bieber that if you want to see more detail than on the 990, you can go down to the SCYSA office and look at the financial records.

If you are really interested, I think you can get the information.

I'm not a fan of the SCORE uniforms either, but I understand the motivation on the part of SCYSA. They are trying to hold down the cost on what is already a costly enterprise. I might make a different decision on this, but I think their motive is ok.

On the other hand, my sons have played match games in t-shirts before when we have tried to save money. Nothing wrong with playing in cheap clothes and letting your talent speak for itself.

#56125 04/11/03 01:50 PM
R
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
R
Go Go Gooooal, the purpose of the initial post was to inform "lowly parents" such as yourself! I can confidently say that my questions are shared by the entire Upstate soccer community! And this is certainly not just about THE President, it also invlolves the people that he so carefully surrounds himself with! Feel free to call me and / or email and I will be glad to continue this!

Shearer, the formal procedure has been followed by the Upstate Commissioner. The response is that SCYSA has no obligation to it's members other than to provide a copy of the tax return. (This is made available at the AGM!) For more on SCYSA's finances, visit the other SCYSA thread!

Why do you think that SCYSA uses Score? Because Fred is a referee! And you know how those ref's love their Score stuff! Take a look at the SCYSA web site to see how meticulously the referee information is updated! But the minutes for the latest Board Meeting are no where to be found!! (Yes, Fred is the web master for SCYSA!)

#56126 04/11/03 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JTC

I'm a referee. My three sons are referees. We don't use SCORE stuff.

Just to set the record straight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard