Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#56880 12/03/03 03:22 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
BobF --

It would have been so easy to have checked December's schedule for the Raleigh Tournament dates and worked around it for State Cup. A shame this wasn't done. A disservice to the girls.

As far as a "personal attack" is concerned, Dexter couldn't have been more personal in impugning the intentions of two low country soccer teams. Go back and read the posts if you don't see this.

lpaf

#56881 12/03/03 03:50 PM
S
coach
coach
S
Speaking of re-reading past posts -- I didn't understand Dexter's use of the quoted term "dubious". If these teams decided that they wanted to play U-19, or U-99, or whatever -- for any reason that they choose --why isn't that a reasonable choice for them to make regardless of motives? Is there an unwritten code that says that teams should play in certain age groups?

To put it more specifically -- if a team decides that in one age group they're going to get beaten by 14 or more points by the best team, but in a higher age group they have a better shot of winning everything, is it considered wrong for them to play in the higher age group?

#56882 12/07/03 04:29 AM
C
goal
goal
C
Interesting thing is that SCYSA worked with the boys program over the same issue but not the girls.

#56883 12/07/03 10:35 AM
D
throw in
throw in
D
With the boys, it was first round matches and not the finals. The boys played in Raleigh two weeks ago.

#56884 12/08/03 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Folly,
While your sarcasm is certainly rib splitting, perhaps some bare numbers will illuminate the disparity between the upstate and the lowcountry-of which you initiated and obviously have some real difficulty in coping with. Of the 8 championships awarded on Sunday, 5 came from Giles and GFC, 2 from the midsate, and 1 from the lowcountry. I'll let you and everyone else draw their own conclusions. I had nor have any desire to start an argument about lowcountry, upstate, or midlands soccer- that was not my intent, but... My concern is about the precedent that may have been set by these actions for, and I'll concede this, whatever reasons. The U18 girls championship was tarnished as a result. I believe the final was 7 or 8 to zero. This cheapens cup soccer and borders on the unethical by allowing those teams to operate and enjoy the umbrella of SCYSA for premiere league but then choose not do so for state cup. Something about serving two masters resonates here.

Finally. Swimmer, I hope that you are not naive enough to think that teams are not filled until late July. All clubs have their tryouts in mid- May and teams are announced by early June. The only exception to this would be those teams going to regionals, but even so players as well as coaches know who has tried out where and what the dynamics of next year's teams will be. It does puzzle me that someone so enlightened and well versed in most areas of youth soccer has somehow all of a sudden become obtuse. Anyway, I hope that everyone down there gets what they want for Christmas. I'll be waiting for your verbage and rhetoric.

Here is another idea that would be fun. What if the upstate put together a u19 team? Ahh, never mind. It's to early for all that scrooge talk.

#56885 12/08/03 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dex,
You are drinking that Stripe early in the morning aren't you? Just let it drop. You seem to be very upset that 2 teams had a choice and elected to
not participate in Fall state cup. Name calling and grenade throwing tactics aren't necessary. Enjoy the holiday season. Tempting to rebut some of your inaccuracies but "tis the season".

#56886 12/09/03 05:06 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
S1 --

I think I came out better in Dexter's psychological analysis than you did. I provide side splitting humor but have "difficulty coping" while you are enlightened yet obtuse. (I do win that one, don't I?)

What Dexter is doing here is the same thing he did at the begining of this thread when he all but said that MPSC ICE was scared of the upstate teams and chose to avoid State Cup to avoid having to compete with them. That attack was and remains highly personal and gratuitious.

lpaf

ps: When was the last time anyone called you obtuse?

#56887 12/09/03 05:34 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
On the bright side, I guess, at least he didn't say either of us didn't play well with others. I hate it when people say that about me.

lpaf

#56888 12/08/03 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on cue boys and in record time. Folly- Be concise. Afterthoughts are droll and beneath you.I do admire your logic of bait and switch though. Here in real simple terms- 5 to 1. How obtuse is that?

I'm done with this.

#56889 12/08/03 07:14 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Dex --

There is a bait and switch going on here but it's yours, not mine. This entire topic has been devoted to why the MPSC Ice decided to opt out of State Cup. You villainously attcked those poor girls and their coach by saying it was because they wanted to avoid having to compete against GFC, and then you and Bob F proceeded to bounce this idea between you in a series of four posts that read like Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First". Then Bob F says there was nothing personal in it and you proceed to buttress your argument by showing how many State Cup championships the Upstate took. It's masterful.

So what you really mean is what you originally said. Right? Just own up to having made a

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard