Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#57003 12/28/03 05:44 AM
C
goal
goal
C
Not sure there is a good way to determine the premier league. Because the teams are select so far in adavance. A lot of teams change enough key players that they aren't even the same team any more. I know it is suppose to be 60% of the same players but I do wonder about that rule. I think it might be being overlooked to keep things simple for the SCYSA...

#57004 12/28/03 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey what ever they do i do think that there were alot of cases where the 3rd place team was better then the 2nd place team and i think that needs to be fixed so that the campionship game is truly the best against the best.

#57005 12/29/03 04:50 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
magic --

I hold no grudge against the absense of meaningful punctuation and capitalization (new school is better than no school at all) in your post, but can you actually give an example of a third place team in the state playoffs that was cheated out of its rightful campionship position? Afterall, the team that eventually wins state had to beat two teams (the fourth seeded team and the winner of the second and third seed match), whereas the third place team and the second place team both had one loss (to each other or to the eventual state champ). Just looking for further insight on the subject. Thanks in advance.

lpaf

#57006 12/29/03 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Magic,
I believe there is some degree of envy for the 4th and 2nd seed teams that lost out on their chances at playing in the premier league. I hear some saying that the finalist (who received premier bid) was not as good as the other 3rd or 2nd seed. Those teams need to remember that the best record in premier play (which is very intense all season) receives the top seed in state cup. Those 2nd and 4th seeds that lost out on chance at premier league need to win the big games in state cup in order to qualify for premier. There are no points for a close loss. Just try harder next year or switch to one of the premier teams; especially those U17 and U18 ages where it is most important to be seen if they want to play college ball. You will not get too many chances to be seen in challenge league play or at lower level tournaments. Tampa Sun Bowl for instance had 105 U17 boys teams this year.

#57007 12/29/03 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I know it is suppose to be 60% of the same players but I do wonder about that rule. I think it might be being overlooked to keep things simple for the SCYSA... "

Chapindad - as a former district registrar I take umbrage to your statement. Not only does the computer program we used (and is still in use) flag all transfers and adds but we also double checked the accuracy to maintain the core of 9 original players from the date the team was rostered. The transfer/releases and player adds are not manipulated in any way once received by the registrar or admistrative assistant - rather, they are questioned when necessary and denied if the rules are not adhered to. Instead of making comments about things that you have no knowledge of, just ask the question - I know I am always happy to clarify any misconceptions.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday,
Soccermom

#57008 01/08/04 08:38 PM
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
To LPAF
The U16 MPSC Sting is an example of a club that should have finished as one of the top two teams but because of the playoff structure wound up in third place. This is obvious when you compare the scores of the MPSC and CSC games. MPSC lost to St. Giles by a score of 1-0, while CSC was beaten by St. Giles by a score of 3-0. Likewise, MPSC beat NECSA 2-0, while CSC had to go to overtime to beat NECSA by a score of 3-2. In the two playoff games, MPSC gave up one goal, while CSC gave up 5. MPSC was clearly the second best U16 team at the State Championships but will not get an opportunity to play in the premiere league.

#57009 01/08/04 08:55 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
bruin--

Was Sting's 4th place seed based on the fall season's record?

lpaf

#57010 01/08/04 09:07 PM
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
lpaf,
CSC and St. Giles were the top two seeds based on premiere league play, and MPSC and NECSA were third and forth, respectively. MPSC and NECSA had identical challenge league records (8-1)and MPSC won the tie breaker based on goal differential.

#57011 01/08/04 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpaf,
you may have assumed since St Giles won State that their match up w/ MPSC in 1st round made MPSC 4th seed. In actuality, CSC beat St Giles in regular season 2-1. Therefore CSC got the #1 seed due to head to head; although in other games, I believe St Giles had the better outcomes against common opponents.
St Giles vs MPSC should have been the championship game.

#57012 01/08/04 09:56 PM
C
goal
goal
C
Soccermom,

Please reread my post. I said nothing of anyone playing with the rosters or the registars not doing their job. I only wondered if SCYSA really worries about whether a team has held the 60% players needed to compete in the premier league. I know of a couple of teams that held 50% at best over from the year before. I don't think anyone is challenging a conspiracy at SCYSA, at least not on this subject.

My point is that a 1st or 2nd place team in state cup for last year may not be the same players or at least 60% same players as this year. The midlands has been hurt bad with Jobs moving out of state or injured players. So giving the premier teams an automatic 1st and 2nd seed in the final round of the state cup may not be the best thing to do. Give them a 1st and 3rd seed, maybe.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard