Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#57369 02/18/04 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it was not for Talbot Barrett and Mills and DSA Greenville soccer would not be where it is today. They put Greenville on the Map.

#57370 02/19/04 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldnt mind seeing Mills back coaching if this whole United merge works out.

#57371 02/19/04 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this merger is going to work you have to bring back the only real coaches this city has ever had. That would be Talbot Barrett and Mills. If they are not coaching all you have is a bunch of talent with no leadership. If you want to be successful bring back the only coaches who have been successful in this city.

#57372 02/20/04 01:14 PM
U
kick off
kick off
U
Haven't heard of them. Did they coach the U18 team in 2001 that won the regional championship? Weren't both U18 teams nationally ranked -- were they the coaches?

#57373 02/21/04 01:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DSA Fan,

Does that mean that you think Hyslop has not been succesful? I like Barret and Mills and Talbot as much as the next guy, but Hyslop has built a fine club there. By the way, yes I am suggesting that he is primarily (but surely not solely) responsible for the success and development of GFC as a club.

#57374 02/21/04 04:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
vegas,

If Hyslop did such a great job why is it that only months after Barrett is gone he looking to merge with another club. When Barrett and Mills were at GFC they dominated Giles. Don't think Hyslop could get the job done without Barrett and Mills. I will be waiting for your reply VEGAS!!!!!

#57375 02/21/04 01:01 PM
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
DSA
There is no reason to be bashing Hyslop. Do you even know him? How do you know he approached St Giles (as you accussed him of)to merge? I seriously doubt that. Do you think Hyslop makes all the calls in which direction the club moves in? He does have input, but not overall. I have one boy that plays at GFC and one boy that plays at ST. Giles so I'm sitting on top of the fence watching. Oh yeah DSA is only history. And by the way DSA came to Hyslop and Golden Strip to merge not Hyslop looking to merge with them.

#57376 02/22/04 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DSA

I know Barrett and Mills personally, I like them very much. I attended Barrett's wedding and have know him for 18 years. He and Mills are excellent trainers.

Neither one of them (I am sure) would agree with you that they were the only successful coaches, along with Talbot, in Greeneville. I doubt they would even agree that they "dominated" Giles.

2001? regional champions = Hyslop (though everyone had a hand in on that. Mills, Rinker, Barrett)

2003 regional semifinalists = Hyslop (again, the entire staff contributes)

I think a semifinal appearance and a title at regionals in three years qualifies as successful, maybe I am crazy though.

P.S. Sorry you had to wait for my reply.

#57377 02/23/04 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vegas,

I find it hard to believe that you have known Chris Barrett for 18 years. He grew up in North Carolina, where he trained with Talbot. You probably did not even go to his wedding.
Enough about you false relationship with Barrett. The fact of the matter is Talbot was and is the best coach that Greenville has ever had. Talbot is the reason CASL is where they are today. If this new club would like to have any success outside SC then Hyslop and Tormey need to do everthing in there power to get Talbot back to Greenville.

PS: Next time you reply PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH LIAR!!!

#57378 02/23/04 10:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was pretty uncalled for. By the way, Barrett played as a goalkeeper for the Durham/Chapel Hill Strikers, Talbot trained him and a few of my other friends as well. We played against each other since we were about 15 or 16. We met on the field probably 20 times and again at ODP stuff. That was about 18 years ago. His wedding was at a farm in Chapel Hill a few summers ago, it was outdoors on a Saturday afternoon. He even cut off a little bit of his hair (not much) for the wedding. I wore a navy suit and was in a picture at the reception with all of the "soccer people" that were in attendance.

Talbot is a great trainer also but certainly you can't think he is the ONLY reason CASL in where they are. You are a little too generous in your absolutes.

The next time you call someone a liar, at least try to have the slightest clue as to who you are talking to and what you are talking about.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard