Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen the results of all region teams, and I wish some star players good see if they could perform without a support cast. It seems like you have to be on a good team to get honors! Should I move my son to a different program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well sir,
honestly i think him playing for a poor team will help him. Take it from the players at LR, if you want something bad enough you'l get it. I mean we weren't the best starting out the season, and we were mocked by many poor teams even, and recently our team started playing together and we pulled off a mere 4-0 loss to Sumter, a top ten team, which is more amazing then you think. And as for individuals, we have a few stars out on the field who contribute heavily to our goal scoring opportunities in assists and goals, and as for me being a keeper anyway, i've played for this team since i was a freshman, and i think the few extra shots i get from playing in a region with 4 top ten teams, is definetly beneficial. And now three years later, our team being mainly the same, the extra practice has improved all of us dramatically. So i beleive even if your team doesn't win many games, stars will still shine.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
My son was put in a similar situation recently. It is hard for a player to "show" when he has no talent to work with. When push comes down to shove...I want my son with,and against,quality players. Isn't that why we play club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only good players on poor teams, but I seriously doubt that good players on smaller school teams get the recognition they deserve. The irony is that the good players on poor teams are much more valuable to their programs than the good players on good teams. My son was ODP (1984) this summer and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the some of the best. His coach has nominated him for North-South, but I imagine the few spots alloted for players from AA schools will go to the kids from the suburbs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mharvey well made point refering to a "star" being more vital to a poorer team than one that is filled with them. i play for rock hill and over the past 4 years that i've played there i've seen much improvement from our soccer program. coaching changes and other circumstances have effected our team and have created numerous problems, but in spite of all that may have gone one we still have played together and progressed each season as a team and have grown closer (in some instances) as a team. isnt that we're out there to do? i mean, to create friendships and a comraderie that will stay with us a lifetime. i would consider myself and a few others on my team the "stars" being that we have all played club ball for many years and have to work with other players that are barely on a rec league level of play, so after saying that i will say that being on a team is what you make of it. the harder you train as an individual and as a team, the more benfits and possible victories you will get. it's the "poorer" team that works the hardest at time because it's teams like rock hill and others that have something yet to prove whereas team that are already established winners have nothing more to do than retain that success. thanks, i didnt mean to write so much but felt it was needed to be said.

Link Copied to Clipboard