Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
I would like to find out how different clubs go about paying their trainers/coaches and how much the trainer/coach makes over a season. For example, some clubs pay trainers (individuals with college experience or coaching licenses) and have unpaid "parent" coaches. Other clubs pay their coaches (who in this case would have coaching licenses or college experience) and do not pay trainers. And some clubs base the pay of trainers/coaches on their level of playing experience and coaching license. Posters needn't include names of clubs, but the breakdown on amounts would be helpful. For example, maybe each player pays an extra $50 for the season, or they pay $20 per month during the course of the season. Any info would be a big help as the club I am with is looking into changing its charter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan,
As you can tell from lack of activity - this is a sensitivre subject . Re: Mt Pleasant Soccer Club
you should contact Christi Arnold - carnold@mpsoccer.com.

The families are responsible for monthly payments
for their coach/trainer. Paid to club who then pays coaches.

It is getting expensive to attract the quality instructors/coaches but that may be due to the competition between clubs in the bigger cities.

S
coach
coach
S
I can answer this from a parent's perspective (not a coach's paycheck perspective) for two clubs that I happen to know off the top of my head.

CESA
____
Publicly available information for CESA (go to the St. Giles or GFC web site for more information).

Registration Fee: $100/season
Training Fees: $80/month (premier team); $70/month (challenge, classic teams)
Team Fees: $50/month

Scholarships are available at CESA.

CSC (Charlotte)
---------------
Publicly available information for CSC (go to the CSC web site for more information).

Dues structure for 2004-2005:
U13+ Classic: $1495
U12 Classic: $1295
U11 Classic: $1195
Challenge: $595
Challenge Academy (U8-): $295

No where can I find precisely what this money covers and doesn't cover; so I assume that team fees (tournaments, etc.) are additional. Perhaps someone more familiar with this than I can describe this.

Scholarships are available at CSC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ryan,

Our fees vary but are in the range of ~$300 - $400 per season - the amount of tournaments the team attends usually drives the cost up or down....this amount includes coaching fees, coaches travel expenses, tournament fees and miscellaneous document fees. In addition the club charges a registration fee (which covers facility upkeep, SCYSA fees, League, Referee and State Cup Fees) and players are also responsible for purchasing their uniforms and equipment.

Feel free to email me privately if you have any other questions.

coach
coach
So when do premier monthly fees begin at CESA? After tryouts? In Aug.? If fees payments begin now and go thru Dec. then the total should be: 7 months X $80 + 7 months x $50 = 560 + 350 = $100 + $150 (uniform) +
tournaments (usually $150)= total of $1310. Is that about right? Comparable to Charlotte fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uniforms and tournament fees are usually not included in any clubs costs. They are separate. No way of knowing what tournaments a team will go to. You travel more, you pay more, travel less pay less. CESA is $750 for the top teams. Season runs from Aug. to December. Hope this clears you up. We don't want to start throwing around inflated numbers already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clarify. The tournament fees are usually included, but the costs of travel obviously is not.

S
coach
coach
S
Publicly available information for CESA (go to the St. Giles or GFC web site for more information).

Season
The season for U11 through U14 consists of two parts: 2004 fall season running August through November, and 2005 spring season beginning in January and ending with State Cup in May. Some teams will choose to practice and compete in the “off” months between seasons. The season for U15 through U18 begins in August and ends with State Cup in December.

Training
Premier and Challenge teams will train a minimum of three times per week with an additional optional training day. Classic teams will train two times per week with and additional optional training day. Also available are speed and agility, coerver, and goalkeeper training.

World Cup
World Cup
Congaree Rapid Soccer Association information.

CRSA Post from 5/14/04.

Link Copied to Clipboard