Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallout, there are two points here. First of all, I think absurd is too strong of a word. While they may not be the favorite, it isn't out of the question. Considering all of the talent on the team, it is certainly fair to say that they are one of the favorites. Secondly, any of CESA's teams that compete in the challenge league are good teams. Again, that was not my point. Thanks anyway for pointing that out.

C
goal
goal
C
I have doing this online thing since it really started in 1985. And one thing seems to be constant.

Fallout makes an absurb post. Take a look at his/her profile and see when it was created, October 25th. I would guess Fallout to be a CESA "B" team player.

I have seen St. Giles, now CESA, put together some very good "B" teams that competed extremely well and would beat the "A" on several occassions. So be careful in making the assumption that the "B" is worse than the "A" team.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
In fact this happened last weekend. For the U15 boys, the CESA Challenge team (or B team) beat the CESA Premiere team (or A team).

S
Goal
Goal
S
And this past weekend in the Mt. Pleasant tournament, U16 boys Summerville Arsenal (having won 1 game all season in the challenge league) beat the Mt. Pleasant Premier team.

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
ecrosby --

I'm still hoping you'll provide some clarification on the nature of the committment USC has made to the two kids from the class of '06.

lpaf

B
goal
goal
B
The commitment made by USC and the 2 U17 players are non-binding both ways. USC has indicated they will offer some type of scholarship to the players and the players have indicated their desire to play at USC. it really doesn't go any further than that.The commitment does not become binding until National signing day, which will be some time in late 05/early 06 for cuurent members of the junior class.

I believe both forwards for the Concorde Fire u17 team have already committed to ACC schools. So it happens rather frequently with the higher ranked players.

T
throw in
throw in
T
BDad11,

What are the pros/cons to committing early for the players and the schools since it not really a binding agreement?

Thanks

TWS

brace
brace
Is this a bumper crop of players for CSC? USC have signed three local for 05 and two for 06. Has USC changed their philosophy on in state players or is this crop of players heads and tails above previous classes? It would be nice to start seeing the big SC schools take more local talent.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
For the two juniors who have committed to USC, what positions do they play? The club team that they play on has not done very well this year (won one out of seven games). What is it about their games that makes them stand out and be recruited as juniors?

C
goal
goal
C
TW Sharpe, I think the pros of commiting early is that you take a lot of pressure off the player and the school. The player has a commitment and can relax a little in that last year. The school gets to focus their recruiting on other highly ranked players.

Bruin, I agree completely with 2004striker but I also want to add that soccer is probably the most complete team sport I have ever been a part of in my life. I have seen many very bad teams that had 1 or 2 amazing players. You can't always judge a single player's performance on the team's performance. A baseball example, when AROD was on the Texas Rangers, the rangers where aweful. AROD was still an amazing player on a bad team and every team that could afford him, Yankees, went after him.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard