Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
2004Striker

Do you really believe that the main part of Brian Przybyla's development came from Hubert? Hubert got Przybyla during his sophomore year. His freshman year he logged significant minutes on a team that was dominated by juniors and seniors and ranked in the top 10 for most of the year. His skills developed long before he made it to high school. The same with the Evans kid at BC. Hiese did not perform miracles at the high school level. He developed in club ball at earlier ages. However, in his case, Will and Kevin were the ones to develop since he played in their club. My point is that a player's development is average in high school at best and that is if he has a quality coach at that level. So if you are going to throw around praise for development, make sure it is to the right people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not so sure that soccer players are born.Unilke football or to a lesser degree basketball, there is little natural about becomming a soccer player. Players are made. Of the 3 players mentioned, only Evans would be considered to have above average athletic ability. Przybyla and Prince are good soccer players but not great athletes.

C
goal
goal
C
Every coach or trainer a player has helps them to develop in different ways. You can always gleam some knowledge from any situation, if you look for it. I persoanlly have been confused about a subject for years and then that one instructor that I have for a week explains something in a way that helps me connect all the dots. I am sure it is the same for soccer players.

But I personally think that the parents are "the main part" of any childs development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, fallout needs to just stop posting. Have you watched CSC play this year. If you have, you have probably noticed that no one will play them straight up. Everyone packs it in and looks to get a lucky goal somehow. I have seen them a couple of times and they must get frustrated because no one will really play them. When there are 9 people in the box it is hard to get the ball to the goal. More power to you if that is your strategy, but you can't honestly think CESA Challenge is the better team.
Second, Dexter, to say Prince is not a great athlete is absurd. He can read the game just as good as anyone and can execute just as good. If you ever saw him play other sports, you would realize his athleticism is not only in soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not watch the CESA Challenge/CSC game but I can say that a 2-0 victory is a pretty sound defeat. Yes, that does mean that CESA Challenge is the better team. Until CSC does something to prove that wrong, like actually beat a good team, then I come to believe CESA Challenge and Premier are better teams than CSC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with Micro. Zach Prince is an exceptional athlete. What made you believe that he is not? He was an excellent basketball player, football player, and I believe tennis player before he quit to focus solely on soccer. He is also very good at reading the game. If thats not an athelte, I don't know what is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Zach Prince....does he not read the game well. He dribbles way to much. The center mid that is the key piece for that team and can't be seen because of Zach dribbling is Branson Hyatt..he one and two touches all over the place....just an opinion....Zach is good, but not amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't taking a shot at Zach about his athleticism. Zach is successful because he is solid technically, is clever with the ball, and can play the game at a high tactical level if he so desires. Having said that, Zach Prince will not take over a game athletically. He does not run away from people either off the dribble or from runs- he gets them off balance; he isn't a dominant ball winner- picks up a lot of second balls; and is not especially quick laterally. Even the layman or the blind can see the difference in the athleticism of a Monroe to Zach though it can be argued which is the better or more effective player.

Holla

brace
brace
If you look at the remaining schedule for the U18 CSC team, they have a good chance of being the 6th seed for state cup, which means that they would probably play the CESA Challenge team again. If they can get by them they probably are going to have either Aiken or CESA Premier. Any way you look at it, they will have a tough road to the championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, Monroe is hands down a better player than Prince...that kid is nasty, he should be one of the most highly recruited players of 06 but his grades suck.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard