Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#58202 12/29/04 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To everyone: Well the u13 boys csc will win state cup instead of CESA for that age group CESA is a good team and all but CSC u13 can over come that when state cup comes around. Don't get me wrong CESA will make it to the finalsand come close to CSC but CSC is overal a better team. But thats only when they want to be a good team and have thier mind set to play to the highest level they can. I've seen both teams play numerous of times and i think csc is a better team.

#58203 12/29/04 11:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2004striker, Well CESA might have done good in the fall season but the spring has yet to come!!
Also, CSC is a great club don't make it sound like there is no other good club other than CESA to win the State cup. You haven't seen the u13boys CSC play they'll beat CESA in the finals mark my word. Also the u11boys CSC will prob. win it too there a real good team and the u18 for CSC boys came real close in the final it came down to a pk to win it. Well the u13 will win it they are a real good team and have the best chance out of all the CSC teams. CESA is not the only good club or the onlygood teams in SC.

#58204 12/29/04 11:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to understand that cesa dominated U15 through U18 boys and girls but what is more important is to see how U11 through U14 fair. they are the cesa of the future. that will be the interesting part of all of this. not to take anything away from all of the older players and cesa but they were already developed heavily through gfc and st giles and many more players came from other clubs to play for the cesa when they merged. we will soon see the long term effect form all of this.
by the way, watch out for mauldin this season we are taking it

#58205 03/10/05 07:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by cesastinks:
oh, and in the u18 bracket CESA won only because of a cheap PK. CSC dominated that game and their keeper, Austin Moody was the best.

CSC did not dominate that game, the only reason they stayed in the game as long as they did was because of what you said, Moody.

CESA definately had control most of the game and it was not a "cheap PK" - a PK is a PK, whether it decides a state championship game or not has nothing to do with it.

A ref is not going to call a PK in overtime of a State Final unless he is confident that he is making the right call. Obviously he felt it was a blatent foul.

#58206 03/13/05 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rock,
What was the CSC U-13 vs CESA Challenge score Saturday?

#58207 04/10/05 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that the kids in u 11 are young but the other teams from around the state are killing the u11 CESA Developmental teams.

#58208 04/10/05 10:57 PM
World Cup
World Cup
I believe CESA is using a "pool" system for the Academy kids ... Meaning that their is no set team, but simply lots of players in a specific age group in the "pool" and on given match days, they simply assign various players to the several teams ... It's a good system, but one that parents/supporters need to understand prior to gauging simply on "wins/losses" ... Kudos to CESA for experimenting with this ... I believe Spartanburg is doing something similar as well ... I believe if wins/losses were the ultimate measure at U11 that CESA could put quite a formiddable team on the pitch, but that's not (and should not be) the goal at U12 and younger!

#58209 04/11/05 12:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, You are correct in stating that CESA is "pooling" What I meant is that the "pooling system for the other clubs is doing well when compared to the Cesa teams. Not counting win/losses. I would say that all the teams are improving though at a fast rate from what I have seen. [Wink]

#58210 04/11/05 01:47 PM
brace
brace
If I am correct, CESA took the top kids in the U11 group this year and formed a premier team that plays U12. I do not believe that that team is playing the small sided games that the other kids are playing. I'm not completely sure, but this is what I believe is happening.

#58211 04/11/05 03:53 PM
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
CornerFlag, for the most part, that is correct about the CESA U11 team, at least for the girls. The reason they play U12 is to play 11 sided games. This was how they played in the fall in PMSL. If they've played Sandlapper, then they played U11 8 sided games. This spring they played in the SCSCL against U11 teams for the most part. Some U12 games were "cross-over" games from PMSL.

They are a good team. They appear to be very disciplined which keeps them a head above their competition. I've only seen about four of their games, but it doesn't seem like they have star players, but a good strong, solid team in all positions. And let me emphasize, very disciplined.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard