Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lowerstate4A - I agree with most of your comments. Super Y is a growing alternative for competitive players. Yes! It has it's downside, but is a alternative. Yes! It can conflict with High School and summer, but for many players they already train & play year around. Many do not play High School Ball to train on a better team. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. The mega merger would allow more participation at this level.
Yes! I am aware of the Challenge & Classic level! I will assume that many of you have participated long enough to know that the Challenge League is relatively young in South Carolina (I think it was official in 2002 or 2003 can't remember). With the increase in higher level play there will need to be discussion on how to group these teams to best fit their goals. SCYSA & Clubs discussed this two or three years ago and defined who could advance to these Cups. I think last year 03 was first year the Classic and American Cup was a OPEN CUP! Many can review the PMSL & SCSCL sites and see the number of teams in each group. The new premier teams did very well against other challenge teams and due to the lack of participation some age groups had to combine with older age groups just to form a group. SC has a new and growing problem in how to properly provide for each level of player(it is a good problem to have, just need to work together). A club merger is not the only solution and could create more player pool short falls. I disagree that SCYSA is giving everyone a choice - I believe they are doing the best they can with the feedback they receive, but more round table discussions need to take place to help clubs solve growing player pool problems. Proper player & team placement will continue to help develop players while not discouraging other players..

Brace
Brace
Super Y was fun to watch here in Charleston with the Battery, but needs to be more supported by all of S.C., not just Charleston.

C
goal
goal
C
seethepitch - I like your posts but could you put some paragragh breaks in the long posts. It is hard to absorb a long post if it smashed altogether.

Lowerstate4A - Actually Super Y is looking to go year round in the next year or two. I thought it was suppose to happen in 2005.

I would love to see the competition in Soccer programs such as SCYSA vs Super Y, it is the American way of life. Competition will only make things better for the parents and players.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard