Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
coach
OP Offline
coach
Number 5 Club in Region III; ahead of Concord and many other strong clubs. Next they will take over CASL in 2nd.
http://www.gotsoccer.com/rankings2003/cache/ClubRankregionThree.htm?mode=region&Region=Three&sex=&submit=GO

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
How does Gotsoccer acquire their data to make these rankings? The U17 MPSC Boys are at the bottom of the list with no credit for being a state semi-finalist last year and a state finalist this year. Conversely, the CSC boys in this same age group are listed as a state finalist when they weren't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gotsoccer hasn't been updated with the SC 2004 state cup results yet, for any age group. Wonder what they are waiting on.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Gotsoccer didn't have the 2003 state cup results either. For example, in the U17 boys, neither MPSC nor NECSA recived any points for being semi-finalists.

B
goal
goal
B
Bruin, I don't know what it takes to get action from gotsoccer.com and nationalsoccerranking.com.My son played on NECSA in 03 and several times I emailed them with results. Once I did get an email back saying that once the results were verified on the tournament website they would update the rankings, however the changes were never made.

The impetus for changing the team rankings will have to come from someone associated with the team, however, I wouldn't hold my breath.They are very interested in the top ranked teams, but they seem to lose interest very quickly after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see.....and how did CESA Challenge get semi-finalist in U17B? Gotsoccer is screwed up. If you look at U18B, though, the points for 2003 Challenge Cup are correct, and 2004 results are not applied. CESA Premier defeated CSC in finals, with Aiken and SSC (forgive me if I am wrong about SSC) the semi-finalists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand what gotsoccer.com rankings has to do with "CESA Lovefest".
Gotsoccer.com rankings always have to be looked at skeptically.
Is anyone really satisfied with there rankings?
Maybe we need to start our own poll of where we think Region III clubs should be ranked?

brace
brace
Clubs that are ranked highly in GotSoccer like to pound their chest and say look at us, but when you really look at GotSoccer, there are many "holes" in their evaluations. Much of their data is obselete and incomplete. I'm sure that one can argue that while it is not perfect, it is the best way to rank a club, but rankings from an organization that doesn't present all the facts and keeps up to date should really not be valid.

B
goal
goal
B
Though I have already expressed exasperation at Gotsoccer's lack of timely and accurate info on team and club rankings, as a rule(with valid info)I would think regional and national soccer rankings would be more accurate than say... USA Today HS football rankings, because most soccer teams competing against one another on a state, regional, or national basis eventually play each other or have common opponents in which to compare results....If these guys would just update their results!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard