lpaf

#58414 02/21/05 12:21 AM
G
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
G
Dex
Thanks. You're right all I was doing is posting scores. See I didn't even know who all was guest playing for them, I only got two out of three right and didn't even spell their names correctly.

#58415 02/21/05 12:50 AM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
I guess that Dexter already beat me to this, but I have to stand up for Pop here, even if he does like Hillcrest. Talon sounds like someone who got beat by CESA this year and holds a grudge. Don't bash someone about their club when they are just posting scores for their team. There are other anti club posts and anti CESA posts for that if it's bugging you enough.

#58416 02/21/05 01:51 AM
Brace
Brace
While i feel that high school soccer can be more fun, this is not the thread to debate that on, and that topic has been beat do death on this message board.

After working camps in San Diego where Score at the Shore is one of the most important things, i enjoy seeing S.C. teams doing well at the east coast version.

As for college teams, the question becomes where is Talon going to play? By his downing D.2 programs, i would have to believe that Talon is going to start at Virginia, Duke, St. Louis, UNC or any of the other teams who finished in the top 10 D.1 programs.

Where are you going to play college soccer Talon? If you are not going to start as a freshman and be an impact player, then do NOT respond. By your last couple years of posting, i thought i would have seen you win a cap or two by now.

#58417 02/21/05 02:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Points Voice.

My Son is D1. He played South Carolina HS but only for two years, when he was 15 (24 goals) and 16 (37 goals). Despite the goals tally, he never put in more than 3 goals in any one game, as he hated beating up on the opposition. That in his opinion was NOT fun.

For me, as his Parent, HS was not much fun either. With few quality players per team (For example, CESA U18 State Champs are from 16 different High Schools I believe) and often the 2 man refereeing system, it was awful watching the good players getting kicked all over the field.

High school is about playing with your everyday friends, but the level of play is pretty weak. Club is about getting to play in College, so I understand why these CESA players are in a club tournament. I hope some of them make it to the next level.

#58418 02/21/05 03:33 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I think they were saying though..that only 11 of the CESA guys showed up for the tourney..so...

#58419 02/21/05 03:46 AM
Brace
Brace
Well, people who know me know that I put top club programs and top high school programs on the same level just like poor club programs and poor high school programs. Too many parents, coaches and players think that "Club" automatically means "good".

I also take offense with Talon taking shots at Presbyterian and inferring they are a lesser program b/c they are D2. My point is that if Talon is not a major contributor to a top 10 D1 program, then he has no room to talk. The top and mid level D2 programs routinely are comprtitive and beat mid level D1 programs. Also, just because you are on a D1 team does not mean you are a good player. Players who play for Tampa, Southern Conn St, Seattle Pacific and other top D2 programs are better players and those are better programs than the bottom feeders in the D1 level.

Playing for a D2 program that goes 21-3 means you play for a btter program than a D1 program that goes 4-18.

My point was that Score at the Shore is the top tourney in the Southern California area (and thus the west coast) and it is good to see SC teams doing well in the east coast version.

#58420 02/21/05 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.E.,
Finish your sentence.

#58421 02/21/05 04:24 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I wasn't trying to start anything.. It's just.. if all those things Left Foot said were the consensus why is the premier club team in SC only fielding 11 for a big tourney..

(side note: I usually try not to post or get invovled in things that I don't have a least a little knowledge about.. so..don't flame me.. I'm just making conversation..not trying to be an antagonist or anything..)

#58422 02/21/05 11:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My left foot,

Well if your son wouldn't have played at at smaller AA school you might have seen better. How was the bench in G'ville this year? SoCon really got Ya'll. Don't give me this crap about good players getting "hacked" due to the two man system of HS. Having been around the HIGHEST club tournys there are (Sun Bowl and Captial Cup) I have played w/ MANY a MANY "club" linesmen. Come on if you and your son had a better time w/ club ball then fine by me...but say that don't make it out that you and yours are better than the HS game.

Oh yeah going out of state sure was a good idea since you guys wound up back in SC for College!

On to the Hotspur/Forrest winner! I almost shed a tear for Jose and the BLUES!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard