wow, I think this has hit a nerve!

#58619 05/03/05 03:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it was necessary to remove a posting on their website by a rogue parent with access to the site to denigrate the club.

#58620 05/03/05 07:26 PM
goal
goal
Is that denigrate, or ILLUMINATE ?!?!

#58621 05/03/05 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
perhaps christi is not in favor of the merger due to the alignment of the club and the city, which could impact the status/security of her job? any thoughts or clarification?

#58622 05/03/05 09:44 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Or maybe Christi is in favor of Bridge, but because she's the Director of Soccer at MPSC she has to be the one to state the club's position against Bridge. Who else is going to do that? The town of Mt. Pleasant? The Booster Club? No, she's the one who has to stick her neck out for her club whether she want to or not.
Unfortunately, there are others out there who are trying their best to make sure Bridge doesn't succeed - in one case, a parent telling a player not to tryout for the Bridge since it "doesn't make sense" to do so.
After the result of both state cups (fall and spring), there is no doubt that a club like Bridge is a must in the lowcountry. Bridge is doing nothing to individual clubs - clubs will still have rec and classic teams. If I understand it correctly, being part of the alliance also means that Bridge will share their coaching staff with alliance member clubs. It's a win-win situation if you are interested in forming highly competitive teams and having excellent training for all your players. It seems to me that by MPSC not joining the alliance it may be forcing some of their better coaches to make a decision between MP and Bridge. But MPSC has already stated their position clearly. Is there time for their new DOC to change the club's direction?

#58623 05/03/05 10:52 PM
Brace
Brace
How can Bridge FA use municipal facilities? Will they simply borrow space to play? If so, that will ultimately lead to a short-term existence, don't you think? Will Summerville, MPSC, Battery, etc. give their "best" sites for Bridge FA to use? How is this being approached. Bear - no need to say this needs to be private. Let us know what is being done in this respect!

#58624 05/03/05 11:17 PM
S
Goal
Goal
S
I think some of you are getting warm. Just to restate what some people may not know, the Mt. Pleasant Soccer Club is part of the Town Of Mt. Pleasant’s Recreation Dept. It is not autonomous like most other private soccer clubs. The soccer club can’t do anything it wants. Christi can’t do everything she wants. Christi has a boss, the Director of the Mt. Pleasant Recreation Dept. He has a boss. The mayor and town council. I think you can take this line of logic on down the road. I don’t know, but I’m guessing, there’s a few people in Christi’s chain of command who could care less about how many state championships CESA has won. And I also think there may be some people who wouldn’t be too supportive of an alliance that allows some of the best soccer players to leave the town’s program. Did I mention there’re politicians involved here?

Just guessing, that’s all.......

#58625 05/04/05 01:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer Watcher brings us back to reality of the Mount Pleasant Soccer Club. It's not autonomous from Town Council and Bureaucrats. Some may argue that it saved Hungry Neck soccer from itself.

But the real reality is if the Bridge can show some success, all the politically correct in MPSC their wagon to it. I do not particularily care for this result.

I say for those who want to play Classic ball and less, or feel comfortable in MPSC, or who cannot think beyond Mount Pleasant to stay there. The Bridge is not for you. You will only bring it down.

For those who want to support competitive play Regionally, please come, please support. The Bridge's first year will be watched closely.

Faint of heart need not apply!

#58626 05/04/05 01:45 AM
P
kick off
kick off
P
I second that !

Couldn't have been said any better...

#58627 05/04/05 01:55 AM
goal
goal
Sideliner, Soccer Watcher and Roadster, collectively, I think you have all said it best.

Maybe Christi Arnold's substance-free letter was written that way on purpose. Maybe she wrote it because she was told to, but did such a poor job with it as a way to revolt in her own little way. I know, that sounds kinda over the top, but who knows...it could happen. Politics are definitely getting in the way, though. We sure could use John Wayne's help on this one!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard