Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
#58578 04/25/05 01:18 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Ever since we moved here 5 years ago, we have heard soccer folks talk about the need to form "region teams" -- to pool all the talented players in the coastal region into very strong, competitive teams. To me, that seems to be what Bridge is offering to area players. Now, some of those same folks who have wanted these "region teams" for years are balking at the concept Bridge FA is offering lowcountry players. How ironic is that?

#58579 04/25/05 01:35 PM
S
coach
coach
S
I think that there might be a difference between balking at the concept versus being concerned about the execution. At this time, Bridge has two alliance members: JIYSC and SSC. The current absence of MPSC and CUSC, for whatever reason, is of concern to quite a few people to whom I've spoken.

But it's possible to have this concern and still fervantly hope that Bridge is successful in doing what they are trying to do -- enact the concept of offering higher-level services to highly ambitious players consistently across an entire club. I know that I'm hoping for their success, despite any short-term execution issues that might or might not exist.

#58580 04/25/05 02:08 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
While I am totally in favor of the Bridge concept, a local team has expressed concerns with respect to practice fields, specifically lighted ones. Additionally, the concern of sufficient numbers of practice fields has been presented to Bridge.
To date, the team members (parents) have not been updated as to preliminary practice field assignments based on projected participation.
I can tell you this - one team will make a decision this week whether or not to support Bridge this upcoming season. With time being short and a non-response to the field discussions are not helping things.
Still keeping the old fingers crossed.

#58581 04/25/05 02:10 PM
coach
coach
Bear, Soccerdog and BridgeFA organizers -
You may know of my 2-year campaign of persistent, wild rants and zealous desires in this forum for a Cola. area merger of the mutiple and mediocre small clubs in the midlands into a semi-CESA-like behemoth. The possibilities, coaches, facilities, organizers are all here in the midlands; elements for success. Even though CSC, at one time, invited all clubs to sit down and think on it, any real progress and interest has since waned. Therefore, it is refreshing to see that lowcountry soccer has seen the success of the 'evil CESA machine', and has not cowered in the face of the 'Red Monster'. Even SYSA is rising up to some unknown level with the new CarolinaFC to go to battle with their dreaded western neighbor. Since that club cannot hope to attract top CESA players away from the 'land of all the state championships', I have heard sinister rumors that CarolinaFC has obtained DNA samples from top CASL and Concord Fire Elite teams, and is attempting to clone top soccer players for their new club. So the battle is on between north and south, while the midlands social soccer society produces pleasant, mediocre yet adequate, acceptable and yet, occasionally challenging, soccer teams. We in the midlands don't want this soccer thing to get too far out of control, and actually result in 30 mins. trips to practice from NE to Ballentine and to/from W. Cola and Lex. It is not that important!! We intend to keep this a high school soccer area, and if the upstate and lowcountry want to produce spectacular, exciting club soccer, and contend for regional titles, and play in big-time tournaments; then let them enjoy it themselves and keep it to themselves, and leave us to our nice, small, convenient clubs. Ahhhhh....'the beautiful game'.

#58582 04/25/05 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker,

What BFA is doing is the samething as CSC. All the top players in Cola play for their 17's last fall. Maybe you should just accept the fact that the other teams were better. I know not ALL the kids in Cola didn';t play CSC but I am sure CESA missed a kid or two. HEck Tomeck played in ATL.

If you would quit with this "always greener theory" you have always had youwould see a pretty good picture right in front of you! You have 2 guys going to usc (had another) and a handful of other talented players. you have the same thing in Cola as BFA is going to be. Some clubs might not recognize this, BUT I DON"T SEE MPSC joining up. That would be the same as NECSA. You get the players from LEX and CRSA what gives. Don't tell me we need u13 premier teams BS that leads to BURNOUT.

So what is your response?

Once a Villa always a Villa

#58583 04/25/05 03:03 PM
coach
coach
Da,
Don't get me wrong, Da. I know CSC has a good thing going and maybe all the top area gals/guys will eventually matriculate to that club. But that is being reactive to that possible scenario, rather that proactive. My main point is that with all the resources of coaches, fields, organizers, etc. spread among so many midlands area clubs, we are too diluted and that we could be so much better. We could attract even more top players from Rock Hill, Sumter, Aiken, etc. if we are larger. You only have to look at the dreaded success of CESA in just one year of merger -
all, as in ALL, 8 state championships U15 to U18.

#58584 04/25/05 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CESA is a BUSSINESS! Tell me what Pearce and Andrwew do outside of CESA? Ok now Eddie is a teacher, Trip runs a Store, Heise is a teacher...These people depend on OUTSIDE income to live.

But wait a minute.....If CESA is the grandest thing inthe world why would you need Carolina FC? Won't they take players away? OOPS you mean someone is not happy w/ the way CESA is? To borrow the line from Villa .....The grass isn't always greener my slow learning friend.....heck I can even see that thru the brown tinted glases I have on!

#58585 04/25/05 03:16 PM
coach
coach
Oh, you drunken fool! It is much too early to deal with your misguided banter. Are you in bed with Da? I knew not even you would see the wisdom of my rants. It takes someone, maybe a male flea, with more advanced thought processes than yourself, to begin to understand my profound comments about club soccer in Cola. Go back and finish your 3rd brown ale of the morning. Maybe you need to post in the girls softball forum.
And......yes CESA is a successful BUSSINESS......succeeding at bringing home state championships!!!

#58586 04/25/05 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is hard about undestanding the facts....Villa got it right.....you have a BFA in COLA!!!!! What don't you get? Who else do you want? You already had the following players: Anderson, Cook, Wall, B. Smith, Baier, Roushe, Seabrook, Evans, Acree, Prince, Monroe, Smith, .....Pretty good XI if you ask me.....so you missed Hughes and Ros....BIG DEAL....you still had just as much talent...so are you complaining about coaching? You had facilites you had players....Maybe I am drunk....but at least I get it!

#58587 04/25/05 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't follow the Carolina FC logic. They are needed just like Clemson, Foothills, USA, etc...

Are there people unhappy with CESA. Of course, but there are also people unhappy with Wal-Mart, Apple, etc...Is there a point here?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard