Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#58598 04/25/05 05:48 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Who is Alibaruho at CSC? That is a very good team that he will be taken care of. I understand that Christian was ready to be moved from that team, but why would not one of the better trainers get that team????

#58599 04/25/05 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alibaruho is Newberry College assistant coach. See article below for more info on Leto.

www.newberryindians.com/article.asp?articleID=447

#58600 04/25/05 06:34 PM
coach
coach
According to CRSA website they don't have listed tryouts for U17 or U18 teams? Will they have teams? I also don't see tryout dates on NECSA website?

#58601 04/25/05 07:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I heard that the overwhelming *****ING AND MOANING from 2004 striker persuaded heise and miller to drop that age group so 2004 could be the team Manager for the first offcial "merged" team in Cola!!! Congrats!!!!

Like I said before you can't even see right in front of you!!!!

Who Farted????

#58602 04/25/05 08:00 PM
O
OPG Offline
throw in
throw in
O
WOW..this is by far the most heated discussion item I've come aross yet! Clearly an emotional issue, and one that has been brewing (not the brown ale type) for some time.

#58603 04/28/05 01:31 PM
Brace
Brace
Any truth to the rumor that Ralph Polson may leave CofC for Central Florida's head post?

#58604 04/28/05 02:02 PM
B
Bear Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
B
Did I strike a nerve in the other post? It's curious that you are associated with a Classic team, (gleaned from your comments concerning the Hilton Head team), but now are concerned with Bridge FA, which is challenge only.

Strange about Coach Lundy, I've heard the same thing, however, I've also heard there are factors that could change that.

Haven't heard about Jamie leaving, that's unfortunate for the players. I guess Bridge FA has an opening for another quality coach. Do you know any? I'm sure Bridge FA would appreciate any insight that you could provide.

Check back a few pages, I've said a couple of times that only Bridge FA could answer some of the specific questions that have been asked. Hopefully people are asking questions of them.

#58605 04/28/05 07:19 PM
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Bear,

As I stated in another thread, Bridge FA will affect classic (to a small extent) despite only playing challenge. For the 2004 - 2005 season, in the U-13 age group (for example) there were challenge teams from both SSC and JIYSC. Presumably, for 2005 - 2006, there will only be one team from Bridge FA. That means that there will be up to 18 challenge level players returning to classic teams in their home clubs, unless they can get on an MPSC or other challenge team. Presumably, that will displace another 18 players back to rec league. This should improve the competitiveness of the classic teams in the area (and make it harder for my classic team, but I'm ok with that). My point is, there is a ripple effect to these mergers. It's very positive for some, but not all. Just something to keep in mind.

#58606 04/28/05 08:06 PM
B
Bear Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
B
Lurker,

I read your post and found it an interesting point of view. It is something that we have and are keeping in mind.

What we have seen with the dispersed clubs is that at times there are players playing on a challenge team that should be, from the development point of view, playing on classic teams.

Just because the two clubs each had one team, does not automatically make it one team for Bridge FA. If the numbers and ability is such that more teams can be fielded in a particular age group, then that is what will be done.

As for displacing classic players to rec, the local clubs are not limited to only fielding one classic team, so like the challenge teams, if the numbers and ability warrant multiple classic teams, then multiple classic teams could be formed.

This is very difficult to write, because it's not as concretely defined as you have stated. Yes I agree that there is a ripple effect to mergers, but I believe that the Bridge FA model significantly lessens that effect on the small market clubs.

#58607 04/29/05 01:30 PM
B
Bear Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
B
CIWS, you've separated your post by numbers, so I'll respond where appropriate by your numbers.

1) It could be argued that hiring a men's DOC is a visible indicator of why MPSC hasn't joined Bridge FA.

2) Good point about the budget, haven't heard that one before. However, there are many ways to allocate a budget. I don't think it's likely that the budget is evenly divided among the 3 segments, given that the proportion of the players is not evenly divided among the 3 segments.

3) Personally, I never really looked at these numbers.

4) It's too early to clearly state what the teams make ups will be. Tryouts are the only way to determine that. Practice location will be determined by the individual teams. We are confident there will be teams training at JI, SSC and DI. It is possible that the training location will be at multiple locations. Daniel Island is probably more solid than many people know or understand. There are no guaranteed positions in select soccer. That's why there is an annual open tryout. As for gas prices, the quickest way to cut that is car pooling. Happens already for some teams.

5) I am assuming that your holding to the practices being at SSC. Don't know when you've last been to SSC, but, SSC does have two lighted fields. However, teams will practice where it makes sense.

6) Bridge FA is a great opportunity for the low country players. The attraction should be the desire to train and play with the best players.

Summary, mandating a specific team percentage is contrary to open tryouts and having the best players play together. If it holds that teams must have 40% Mt Pleasant makeup, then you are possibly automatically limiting the team from fielding the best possible team, as some would have to be on the roster just to make the 40%.

Daniel Island is a practice location.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard