Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Yes the position was listed in the NCAA News, NSCAA and SA. I heard they had 85 applications. The position is a dual position as Discoveries DOC and GK Coach at Winthrop. This is needed to make it a full time position, plus it is easier to get a quality DOC if he also has the opportunith to coach at the college level. This has been a very healthy relationship for both Winthrop and Discoveries. There is a fee paid to Winthrop for use of fields (Under construction) very nice office, phone, computer, club meeting space, etc. The club also has the consulting of the Winthrop coaching staff whenever needed. Also many of the coaches are Winthrop graduates who have played at the Div. I level for four years. Only coaches recommended by the Withrop coaches are selected. So this is win-win situation for everyone.

The new Doc is from Creighton University, who was their captain and played in two final fours and a national championship. Very well quilified as was the last four DOC's Discoveries has had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A healthy relationship? maybe. Whats best for the players? not necessarily. It becomes a revolving door with the DOC leaving every 2-3 years. How can the club vision remain the same? Everyone always has different ideas of how to run things.
So you are telling me that the Board has no real power. They only hire coaches who Posapinko tells them too. So what you are telling me is that Posapinko and the other WU coaches hold the power. The DOC was going to be the person that was best for Winthrop not neccessarily Discoveries.

How many other clubs in the state are directly tied to a college?

J
throw in
throw in
J
Davis,

What does DSC have to do with the original post? It seems they just mind their own business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the posts. scsoccerman wants to place all the blame for the club situation in Rock Hill on Lou P. That just is not the case.

Did I hit alittle too close to home with some of my comments?

J
throw in
throw in
J
Davis,

Are you the pot or the kettle? Instead of defending Lou P., you drag DSC and Winthrop U. through the mud. Play nice!

Brace
Brace
Davis - are you the asst. coach at NW?

N
kick off
kick off
N
Talon,
Who's boss are you? Don't respond if you are not a boss at a D-1 school.

Brace
Brace
Somebody help me out here. Just moving to the area I would like somebody to shot straight from the hip and tell us all what the TRUTH is before I commit my kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Import:
Somebody help me out here. Just moving to the area I would like somebody to shot straight from the hip and tell us all what the TRUTH is before I commit my kids.

Amen to that! Everyone keeps saying that if you're involved in soccer you know what the problem is, but our family has been involved in soccer in the Rock Hill area for a little over a year and we can't get a straight answer. Everyone is so secretive about it. I would LOVE to know what is going on with clubs in this area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Import....been here just enough longer to figure out probably the best course is focus on the coach's credentials, philosophies and style. Having 3 clubs DOES dilute both the player and coach talent pool. I doubt if you get the complete, accurate "story".

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard