Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DSC every DOC is a PAID WU asst!!! Come on don't lie

Brace
Brace
I'd be interested to know how many clubs in the state pay their DOC. Also, how many clubs pay their staff coaches? How much. Seems to be pretty big business in some circles. I know that MPSC has alot of resources, but not sure of pay scales and such. Anyone have any info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only club that doesn't to my knowledge (via internet) is Congaree Rapids. CESA,CSC,Carolina FC, DSC,NSC,BFA,NECSA,MtP,Coastal ALL pay DOC. Shame actually seems by looking at it that Hesise does more than everyone but CESA.

World Cup
World Cup
Shearer -- I often overlook or ignore your rampant posts, but felt like I should weigh in on this one.

First off, it's the CONGAREE RAPID -- not plural with an "S". We're not in Colorado.

The Director of Coaches position at CRSA is not a paid position and therefore the DOC is able to sit on the Board of Directors, where quite honestly I'd rather be to offer more influence in the direction of the club. If the DOC position was paid, I'd not be able to serve on the Board in this particular capacity.

Our club is set up a little differently than most and our mission is not to be the largest club or even play at the "premier" level. We simply want to offer classic league soccer with solid coaching for kids that want to play from our area (Downtown Columbia and Cayce/West Columbia).

I am looking forward to our upcoming season however as we have a quality coaching staff and a good pool of teams to work with this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a "Rapid"?

Brace
Brace
Shearer, I had the same question when reading Heise's reply. I didn't realize that it was singular. I looked it up and here is what it says, although I'm not sure which one they (CRSA) emphasizes:

(1) a part of a river where the current is very fast

(2) characterized by speed; moving with or capable of moving with high speed; "a rapid movment"; "a speedy car"; "a speedy errand boy"
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn2.1

(3) A rapid is a section of a river where it loses elevation over a relatively short distance (that is, the stream gradient is locally steepened), causing an increase in water flow and (usually) turbulence. A rapid is a hydrological feature between a run and a cascade. A rapid is recognized by the river becoming shallower and having rocks exposed above of the flow surface. As flowing water splashes over and around the rocks, air bubbles become mixed in with it and the water takes on a white colour,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid

Brace
Brace
Are there any other DOCs that don't receive pay or clubs that don't pay their coaches?

Brace
Brace
I do love the Tega Cay community and everybody that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Never have seen or heard so many folks with a passion for the game and care like they do! One clue is look at the club fees and you will get a feel who gets paid and how much. To bad the adults can't put their own feelings aside and do what is best in the long term, big picture. Always trouble when power, egos, and money get involved. Need to get back to basics and think about what is best for players, families, and development. And, by the way, I still don't have a warm or fuzzy feeling on what is best of my children!

F
kick off
kick off
F
Import - Don't forget what is inculded in the fees such as, field lining, goals and nets, ref fees, registration fees to the state, coaching, training, equipment, tournament fees, (Tega Cay Soccer Club is including two tournaments and the uniform in their fees). There are a lot expenses in putting together a team and club.

Good luck in figuring it all out!

J
throw in
throw in
J
What happened to Davis? Watch out, here come the Hammer!!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard