Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5945 04/17/02 02:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this game as close as the score shows? Tell me some details.

#5946 04/17/02 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taken from the AC Flora high school soccer website:

In the championship game of the Chapin Challenge, AC Flora faced the host team, Chapin without some key starters. The Falcons were without the services of junior captains Thomas Pearson and William Keels. Scott Gillespie and Eli Brandon played with significant pain, but both were less than 50%. The Falcons also missed the service of junior Parks Bunch, who was injured 5 minutes into the game.

Though the Falcons were missing some key elements, they put up a valiant effort, before succumbing to yellow cards, ejections and a 2-0 loss. The performance of the night was given by senior captain Russ Sandifer who pulled off a stellar performance with 17 saves.

Both Chapin goals came in the last 20 minutes of the championship match, with only four Falcon starters on the field.

For their efforts Scott Gillespie, Walker Nickles and Russ Sandifer were named to the All Tournament Team."

#5947 04/17/02 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... let me see if we could possibly come up with some more excuses.

#5948 04/17/02 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really can't say I'm sympathetic.
Did the AC Flora soccer website happen to mention why their junior captains weren't playing? I doubt it.
I wonder if the AC Flora team was in "significant pain" while they vandilized the Camden High locker room. I doubt that as well.
For a team with as little tact, respect, sportsmanship, or decency as Flora has, I'm glad they got their due.

With regard to Chapin--I'm glad they won, we've played their girls team and if their boys are as talented and sportsman-like as their girls then they should be proud.

#5949 04/18/02 01:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's unfortunate that freedom of speech is equated with freedom to speak ignorantly on this message board. MBSoc asked a question and it was answered. Then people ignorant of the situation chime in like they know something. I'll point out that you don't find Flora players posting derogatory comments like that ridiculous one that went on for pages with LE and Camden folks some time back or the ridiculous comments about Coach Heise, who has done more to promote the game of soccer, not just his teams, than most of these sniveling brats would even think about doing.

A Flora player made a stupid mistake that he's paying for, but that is the limit of the involvement. Most of the Flora players do the right thing, avoid trash-talking, and just play the game. It's unfortunate that some of the other folks want to make more out of the incident, i.e., hang the whole team for the unfortunate mistake of one person.

#5950 04/18/02 02:45 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
We can all understand why you're protective of your team. But for real man... I will admit Flora is a solid team. They beat us soundly in the second match. But you guys just don't make sense sometimes. You could be so much better if you guys didn't get cards all the time. Like in the chapin game. I bet some of those cards came from complaining about a call...which i've have seen happen in matchs against L-E. Flora has absolutely improved since last year. I think the coaching change was a good change. But some things just take a while to get out of your program. I think a lot of schools that play Flora will agree, that they have the skill to play with the best...but not the right attitude.

#5951 04/18/02 01:58 PM
Goal
Goal
Flora is our arch-rival and they have beaten us pretty good the last 2 years, so I give them credit. But they are a selfish group and a very individual team (always have been).

Why didn't they play Chapin last week?

#5952 04/19/02 02:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ac-flora is full of it. thomas pearson sucks and they said we(chapin got two late goal, but i scored in the first half. if you guys are so confident that you beat us then why does your coach refuse to play us again?

#5953 04/19/02 02:27 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
In this match between Chapin and Flora did Chapin get any cards. I bet they didn't...and if they did it wasn't many. Hmm...maybe thats why Chapin is a powerhouse?
What do you guys think?

#5954 04/19/02 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vandalism isn't a "stupid mistake" its a criminal act.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard