Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
L
I cannot believe no one has discussed this on here yet. I was at Aiken this past weekend and on Saturday watched some of a Bridge teams game. It was a boys team, not sure of the ages though. Their coach seemed to be fairly vocal, even using abusive and foul language at times. In the second half, a Bridge player was tackled late, but nothing malicious that I saw. The type of tackle that happens numerous times in matches, especially at the youth level. Well this tackle happened in front of the Bridge bench and that is when things got strange. The Bridge coach stepped onto the field and it appeared like he slapped the player on the head. Next thing I know, golf carts are flying in with tournament officials and even the police show up. I had a prior engagement that I had to attend so I was unable to see the end of the match or what happened after the match. Hopefully all the hostilities had ended. Anyone else see this and know exactly what happened?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Did hear about it, but did not see.... Did not know it was bridge.

Someone told me the cops had the coach on his knees somewhere in the complex.

All hear say in my part.

Bear??? Bridge???

T
bench
bench
T
I heard the same story, though I was at another field. Abusive language, smacking an opposing player in the head, golf carts and police; but I didn't see any of it either. I made an earlier comment about a Bridge team winning 14-0 (I still say that is too much and could have been prevented) but this would certainly be over the top if it is true.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I along with a lot of other parents saw the police and golf carts also. I know it happened on one of the back fields at Powderhouse, but none of us could tell what was happening.

Goal
Goal
Here are the coaches at Bridge FA, who was it?

Bridge Futbol Alliance

J
world cup
world cup
J
Silly irrational people that can't control their emotions.. good thing they are put in positions of influence over young adults!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tommyboy, not sure if you have been to the Aiken website to look at the scores but there were 13 games where the score was 10 or more and almost to many to count where the score was above 5. I have yet to see a comment about Lexington, Aiken, GSA or the Patriots to name a few. Like Chico said in the earlier post, these thing will sort themselves out. I can't speak about the topic of this post because I was not there as it seems no one on this post was, but I am sure if this inexcusable act happend the Bridge is dealing with the matter.

B
kick off
kick off
B
My one and only post on this subject.

There was a confusing incident that occurred during a match between the Bridge FA 90 Red and Forsyth Fusion (GA). Our coach allegedly struck an opposing player. The only witnesses were the opposing coach and players, no referees, no tournament officials. I was at the match and did not see anything, other than the suspension of play. Due to the nature of the event Sheriff's personnel were called in. Statements taken. No charges filed. I and the Director of Soccer were in conversation with all authorities at the conclusion of the match. Administrative procedures underway at Bridge FA.

As I said, first and final post on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is exactly the type incident that soccer does not need. I understand the need to go through the proper channels and that Mr. Sweet has to reamin above the fray as president,but I am sure that both Bridge and SCYSA will dole out the proper punishment.

I don't get the alleged part though. Either he slapped the kid or he did not. The players parent ran across the field right after the incident- this is not something that is just made up or is a mirage. If the incident does turn out to be proven, I hope the coach is banned from coaching in South Carolina and that he is punished to the extent of the law.You absolutely do not touch a student in a classroom or a kid on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Clark.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard