Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
goal
goal
I can see the new slogan now, "Bridge F.A. - Have you kicked your kid today?".

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Bridge.... thanks for the commentary, I certainly understand the position. Too many alleged this and that.

I know you guys will do the right thing.

Good luck.

Brace
Brace
Who is Richard Santana? I tried to visit the Bridge FA website, but the link was wrong for the coaches bios. Did this happen as a result of folks trying to find out who this guy is? [Confused]

Sad that this has tarnished Bridge FA. I think the mission is well intended.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
I spoke to one of the players from that '90 team. The other side of this story is that the coach in question was gesturing with is hands and inadvertently struck the opposing player. The player, who was possibly frustrated, took advantage of the situation and made more of it than it was. The police came and took statements but, for some reason, didn’t take any statements from the Bridge players.

In defense of BridgeFA’s use of the word “alleged”, I suppose you should not convict an individual in this type of situation on such a public forum by stating that this event did in fact occur.

Only two people know for sure what happened: the coach and the player. I sure hope that the situation gets sorted out quickly and justly and that cooler heads prevail in the end.

goal
goal
There appears to be nothing wrong with the Bridge FA (coach bios or otherwise) website. Information is the same as it was prior to this weekend.

goal
goal
Dexter, here is an example of why "alleged" is the proper word in this post:

"I heard from a friend of a friend that Dexter allegedly made a few intelligent comments in the second paragraph of his August 31, 2005 10:24 AM post on the scsoccer.com bulletin board."

Personally, I don't agree with that statement, but I'm sure you might disagree? We both read it - I see it one way, you see it another.

Sure, it may not be the best example, but it suits my purpose.

T
bench
bench
T
I'd like to publicly thank Edmund Carson for providing me with a much needed laugh tonight. I am struggling to determine which part I liked more: the coach was "gesturing with his hands and inadvertently struck" the kid, or that the "frustrated player" saw an opportunity and siezed it.

I admit that I didn't see the incident. But the scenario that Edmund just laid out is hilarious. What an unfortunate coach to be on the sideline gesturing with his hands and some kid just happened to run by and get hit in the head. This was not just any kid either. This was in fact a clever, crafty, quick-witted kid who took full advantage of the situation. Not only was this kid so devious, but he had the foresight to coordinate the evil plot with his teammates and parents so as to fool all onlookers and approaching police into thinking that something had occured when it actually hadn't.

Thanks Edmund.

N
kick off
kick off
N
Quick-witted, clever and crafty kid - very, very possible. At regionals this year I saw a boy on a Texas U17 team fake getting kicked in the face. There was a foul in the box both players went to the ground pulling shirts etc... The referee called a foul (it could have gone either way). As the defensive player got up and stepped over him the boy on the ground grab his face and started yelling/screaming. The referee did not call anything, but he sure did sell his act to the linesman. After a discussion between linesman and referee a straight red card was issued to the defensive player. So good acting could have been done in Aiken.

Goal
Goal
Appreciate the info!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belligerent,
Thanks for clearing up the whole "alleged" conundrum.I think I get it now. Karl Rove "allegedly" leaked information about Valerie Plume.LBJ "allegedly" cooked up the Gulf of Tonkin incident to launch the US in to involvement in Vietnam. On the other hand, Ron Artest did not "allegedly" go in to the stands and put his hands on fans. He did do this as it was seen by all in the arena.Is that about right? My objection to the word was really of a semantic nature, but thanks to your erudite and hilariously funny post I now see the error of my ways. This is not an incident that is simply my word versus his.

I was not at the game, but my information comes from a primary source that was at the game and saw the entire incident unfold at close range. As stated by LowerState 4a, the coach was using profanity during the course of the match and when the incident occurred the coach stepped on to the playing field. If you wish to believe Carson's second gunmen theory that is OK with me.

I have no ax to grind with anyone here. I hold Bridge in no way responsible for the actions of a coach that went over the edge and am confident that SCYSA and Bridge will handle the incident.

I will add though that loyalty is a great quality but that it does not rank above honor and doing the right thing.Thanks again Belligerent for making me a smarter man today. I'm out on this topic. Bombs away.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard