Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Don't know much about this situation, but I do know that (if this is true) than the coaches attitude and actions have been passed on to the team and its supporters. This weekend a referee cleared the entire fan base for both teams because of the problems being caused by the bridge 90 team, they weren't just being rowdy, but they were inciting stuff with the players and the refs.

hat-trick
hat-trick
my point on the previous post was that classy coaches produce classy teams, and vice versa. You never see high level coaches acting up, and there is a reason for it.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
There are two Bridge FA 90 teams. 2004striker this is not the same coach. All of you need to get your stories straight before starting things on this forum.

The Coach from CSC while playing the Bridge FA Red team was asked to leave the field. When he would not the referee called the game.

The Bridge FA 90 Gold team has not had any situations and the Coach(DOC)has not had any problems of being thrown out of games nor have any parents been asked to leave the field.

I really do think it is time for this thread to be removed from this forum. You all are giving Bridge FA a bad name and this is not true. It is unfortunate that one Coach had a situation but do you have to run the rest of the Coaches and players into the ground? It seems as though you do not want this club to do well and succeed.

coach
coach
soccer,
Thanx for the correct info.

goal
goal
Maybe if the truth would just come out no one would keep asking. Which coach was suspended and what other punishment was handed down?

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I'm curious why anyone needs further information? Obviously the players on the team and their parents are aware that their coach has been involved in this incident and what punishment was administered. If you do not have a child on this team, than why does it matter. If the suspension is a year, than you have 12 months before ever dealing coming in contact with this coach, assuming you have a child in the age group and location that this coach will be coaching, if he coaches again. At that point in time, the punishment will have been served.

Even if it were relevant, a public forum for parents, fans, and players is hardly an appropriate place for this information to be broadcast. If you are not in a position to know this information already, than you most likely do not need to know. If for some reason you still feel you are entitled to know the coach's name, there are email links on the Bridge website were inquiries can be made in a more discrete and appropriate manner.

The fact remains that after 44 posts on this topic, NOT ONE person actually witnessed the event in question. The only thing happening is speculation and hearsay which is not helpful. I agree that this thread shoulc be closed.

For the record, I have no affiliation with any of the parties involved in this incident.

Brace
Brace
I think it is relevant, due to the fact that parents and players have to make decisions for what type of clubs that they want to be a part of. The coach himself or DOC should take steps to set the record straight and it would probably die on its' own, but with no word from Bridge FA, then speculation is all there is to go on.

Goal
Goal
I have a feeling that if a high school coach slapped a player that it would be in the newspapers and the talk of the town. Why is club soccer any different? If it is hearsay, then someone from Bridge FA needs to set the record straight for once and all.

If my son or daughter was hit by a coach 8-10 years ago, you can bet that the coach and whoever defends him or her would have their butts kicked by me personally!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
My one and only post on this subject.

There was a confusing incident that occurred during a match between the Bridge FA 90 Red and Forsyth Fusion (GA). Our coach allegedly struck an opposing player. The only witnesses were the opposing coach and players, no referees, no tournament officials. I was at the match and did not see anything, other than the suspension of play. Due to the nature of the event Sheriff's personnel were called in. Statements taken. No charges filed. I and the Director of Soccer were in conversation with all authorities at the conclusion of the match. Administrative procedures underway at Bridge FA.

As I said, first and final post on this.

--------------------
Darren Sweet
President, Bridge FA

AS you can see above Bridge took the stance way back on 8/31.

The only reason why anyone would need to know anything would be if the coach in question was trying to coach elsewhere, at which point one would hope that someone would check credentials.

I agree that it would be all over the papers, but it isn't and people are free to speculate.

For the record I have no connection with either the club or the team.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
No one knows if anyone was slapped on this forum, or if they do they have not come forward to say that they have.

If your child was struck 8-10 years ago, and the coach was punished, would you still want to go tell the lady down the street that has a couple of kids who may play soccer? Does he need to have a sign posted in his yard so all his neighbors can see? We already know the coach has been punished.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard