Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
coach
coach
Hey its done! Its over! Let it go. Whatever happened, happened. The coach has received whatever discipline that was deemed necessary, for whatever he did. This is not the place to continue any further condemnation or speculation of/and about the coach, the club or anyone involved. I am sure those directly involved have experienced enough pain, anguish and disappointment over the incident. Lets not continue to cast stones.

C
goal
goal
C
I think some people are missing the point in an attempt to cover things up and avoid the embarrassment of the situation. I do think it is important to discuss what needs to be public and what needs to be private and how that information should be given out to the public. SCYSA should have a formal website that would post any coaching violations, including red cards. I think this is very important as a parent. I trust that an organization would check out someone but it doesn't always happen and there are always problems in that procedure. For instance if Bridge FA decides to cover it up so much that they don't report to any one about the coach. I know that my club does a crimial background check but that isn't going to show any club suspensions. So what stops him from going to NCYSA or GYSA for a year or starting a USCLUB team. There is a reason why the government makes all criminal activity public unless you are a minor. You can go to richland county's web site and search for all my speeding tickets but I can't see if a coach has been suspended and why. Just ask the Catholic Church about covering up for bad priests. If this coach goes to another club and really hurts a player, SCYSA and Bridge FA could be named in a lawsuit because they knew about his pattern but didn't make it public. I know this seems extreme but it is amazing how little things can have a snowball effect years down the road.

coach
coach
Yeah, you're right. That is an extreme assumption when it is apparent that the club has already addressed the incident to the extent that it needed to be addressed. Again, this forum does not need to sink to the level of the Georgia soccer forum, where harmful accusations, allegations and speculation are commonplace.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I hate to say this, but the coach put himself into this situation to begin with. I am a firm believer that once you make your bed, you get to lay in it. I was amazed that this thread has gone this far. There are some angry people today on here. Unfortunately one coach has made a bad name for a club. If the club deals with the individual, then that is all that needs to happen. I would be one of the individuals that would not mind knowing who the coach was...I have a 1 year old that will be playing soccer when the time comes. There is no way I would let my child play for an individual that would strike a child. Chapin Dad brings up a good point with how things are reported within the soccer community. If you have a club that does report it, good. If you don't, then an induvidual can have the opportunity in the future to get themselves into trouble again. This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't point. I can see the anger by those that are affiliated with the club...but hey, it was your coach that got themselves into this, I don't recall anyone forcing them to do something they didn't want to do.

coach
coach
The coach's name has been mentioned already in this thread, on hotstat and Bridge website. So let it go guys. Don't you have something else to do like watch your favorite daytime soap?

J
Brace
Brace
J
I said that I would like to know the name of the coach, but I already know the name from previous posts. I just making a rhetorical statement. I like the sarcasm of comparing the discussion of a serious issue with that of the banter of a soap. Almost a good comparison.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I stand corrected. Got mixed up on my age groups. It was the 89 team whose parents got kicked out of the game. Sorry for the confusion.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Chapindad is right, there should be a public posting of coaching violations (red cards, suspensions etc.) This may or may not apply to the Bridge coach, as I cannot tell from this website or any other source if there was actually a coaching infraction. I adhere to the "innocent until proven guilty" foundation of our justice system, but once proven guilty, the information should be public and accessable.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of public crucifictions, but I believe that the manner in which coaches (and parents, for that matter) conduct themselves is quite often mimiced by young players. At the very least, this could act as a deterent in some instances to innapropriate behavior.

brace
brace
I realize that there isn't much to talk about during this time of year, but I do think it's time to drop this thread. The coaches name is up in this post if you are concerned about getting him in the future. Unfortunately it's not going to be the last time we see a coach, parent, or player do something completely idiotic during a game. A constructive thread on how to avoid these situations and deal with them in the future would be a better direction to turn.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard