Page 2 of 2 1 2
#5955 04/20/02 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chapin and flora players both agreed that the number of cards given out in that game was ridiculous. flora received seven and chapin 5. Second chapin cancelled the game for as their coach said,"personal reasons". finally the flora player involved in "vandalism is serving his punishment and paying for what he did. Mind your own business.

#5956 04/21/02 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
man yall people talk to much crap. Soccerchic02 seems to me like she is kissing someones rear, where are you from ms perfect? You ply GIRLS soccer so go to yalls little website board.As for LE DUDE, he keeps changing his mind. Hey LE Dude!!!!Why exactly do you think the coaching change was good? Man that makes no sense. Last years coach was an All American and All South his jr year of high school who went on to play at USC. HE coached Chapin a few years back and also coaches at MANY dif camps including USC and Furman. The cross town rival kid Cola fan obviously doesn't know what hes talking about either....trying to say that flora has always been selfish and individual is insane.......NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU HAS ANY CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO JUST KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF BEFORE SOMEONE HAS TO WASTE THEIR TIME POINTING OUT YOUR STUPIDITY AGAIN........3gk has the right idea, but the others just seem to me to be little computer nerds that have nothing better to do than TRY to bash a decent team. get a life

#5957 04/22/02 04:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why LE Dude thinks the change in coaching was good, but I can give it a good guess. I don't believe it had anything to do with being a skilled soccer player or an All American...I think it had something to do with attitude and putting forth a good example. Being a good coach isn't just about teaching players how to improve their game. It also involves teaching players respect and sportsmanship--which he didn't teach very well, in my opinion. (But I'm just a stupid girl so what do I know right?) I only saw the guy get into an intense verbal argument with a fan from another team-in front of his players. I only saw the guy act like a complete jerk over and over. If keeping your composure and teaching your players sportsmanship is irrelevant then excuse me for butting in.

Oh and about kissing rear-If you hadn't noticed I am from Lugoff and our rival is Camden (the very same Camden that had their property vandalized). Would it make sense for me to kiss my rival's behind? I don't think it would-I was just being a little unbias--and also outraged I suppose. Because even though I don't like Camden very much(especially after the fight at the school on Friday) I will still stand up and voice my opinion about an action that I disagree with.

#5958 04/21/02 06:03 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
K...heres what I meant Les. The new coach..is an improvement. What does the fact that HE was a good soccer player have to do with what I said about what kind of coach he is. You can be a good soccer player and a good coach but still be an asshole and a bad influence. Listen to what i'm about to say Les...so you don't get confused. This is what I think about Flora. I like their new coach..he gets them pumped before the game-Thad didn't do that. Flora has skill and they could be a factor in the Lowerstate if their attitudes weren't so bad. If Flora losses their "I know more than the ref" attitude...then they will be able to compete with anyone in 3A. Do you understand that?

#5959 04/21/02 07:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To tell you the truth, Flora's attitude is a lot better than last year. A big improvement in sportsmanship. They still had a few cheap shots for people at the beginning of the season, but by the second time we played them they were a totally different team. They played good physical soccer(the way its supposed to be played) the second time we played them. There was the normal trash talk, but what team doesn't talk trash in a game, especially when you are winning a game that is supposed to be a good match. Flora has improved their attitude a lot and that isprobably why they played a better game the second time we played them. Yeah, they do argue with the ref a little much sometimes, but not as bad as they used to, but hey, if they get carded for it, then hey thats something they will have to do about it, if not, oh well, play the game. I think if Flora keeps improving their attitude like they are then they will keepimproving their play too. Anyway, congrats to Flora for the region title, and good luck in the playoffs. Represent Region-IV.

#5960 04/22/02 02:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok soccergirl, i wasn't talking about you sucking up to Camden, i was talking about CHAPIN.....as for le soccer cakes........the coaches haven't gotten the players pumped up since my sophomore year...3 years ago when Darlington was there. We never played LE before last year so what would you know about the players being dirty. I think LE people finally got access to the internet so they feel like they have to talk, even if it makes no sense..........thank you good day

#5961 04/22/02 03:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let us see who doesn't make sense....Les, are you even following this thread? No one, in any post on this thread, has said that Flora plays dirty. LE Soccer guy said "They still had a few cheap shots for people at the beginning of the season, but by the second time we played them they were a totally different team." --This does not mean they play dirty and he obviously doesn't use that term (The term "playing dirty" in case you aren't paying attention). His comment was actually positive.

Les, I think you are making up things to fight about....that's sad really.
Oh yes, does complimenting Chapin on their sportsmanship and talent mean I am sucking up or kissing booty? No, it does not. It means I am recognizing something positive that their team does (that Flora has not done in the past). It also means I hope they continue to act that way. Believe it or not-this message board isn't just for people to vent about their "issues" its also here so that people can support teams that express admirable qualities-Les, if you aren't used to people supporting your "admirable qualities" I am truly sorry, but don't try to take away from Chapin by accussing me of having alterior motives-that's cheap.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard