Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
BY the way if you scroll down you will also find the parents code of conduct.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Dr. Phil would reply to this thread in the following way...
1. Set clear expectations of conduct
2. Set clear consequences of breach of conduct.
3. Enforce consequences when expectations are not met.
note: Do not use 3 strike rule when bad behavior happens as this only leads to mixed messages.

coach
coach
From the SCYSA website these are the listed penalties for infractions. Those guidelines are good to have in place, but it is up to each club to make sure all involved see and hear the rules of conduct. I would assume that some teams/clubs are being monitored now as a result of the recent incidents.

<In the event a coach, player, parent or administrator violates or breeches the intent, the spirit, or rules of the SCYSA Code of Ethics and Conduct, one or all the following consequences may occur:

Probation. A warning and stipulated period of time where soccer activities may be monitored.

Suspension. A stipulated or indefinite period of time when ALL soccer activities in any capacity are prohibited.

Fine. Monetary penalty.>

C
goal
goal
C
It has been my experience that SCYSA doesn't enforce anything until it is to late. Last year SCYSA had a record number of red cards at the state cup games and one bench clearing brawl. They are threatening to be tougher this year but I will believe it when I see it. Plus by the time the state cup comes around things have already been set into motion and very hard to stop.

BTW if you see no value in this topic then don't post. Posting stupid comments is only a reflection on yourself.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
From the practical point of view...As a team manager for many years...I had to deal with NEW mouthy parents every year. Even tho the club president, along with the team coach would have a meeting before the season started, and spell out behavior expectations, there were always people who JUST DIDN'T GET IT!! But a few tactful words and reminders, and examples of behavior from other "veteran" parents always seemed to solve the problem. Support from the top-down is very important. Only once in 10 years did a situation get so bad that I had to warn a parent that they were close to being asked to leave the field(and believe me..I said it in a tactful, joking way). The next week they removed their child from the team. I guess the important thing is to be consistant so everyone knows what to expect. Bottom line...the players like to hear encouraging cheering from the sidelines...and are embarassed by anything else.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by futbol(soccer):
You may want to start here SCYSA code of Ethics

I am not sure many people read it.

This is exactly my point right here. I hate to break it to you all..but there are plenty of people willing to sit down and type out what they think sports should be like... but you know what.. crazy stuff still happens.. people snap..etc..

You want to educate parents and coaches about proper sports spectating and decorum? Fine. But I'd just really like to attend a match with some of you guys.. especially one that your child would be playing in.. and maybe see what happens if someone makes a dirty move on your kid. ESPECIALLY YOU Mr. AC FLORA..

Congratulations everyone.. you're all so noble.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
You either have noble intentions, or you allow the sport to be dominated by thugs...I will throw my chips into the noble corner. It's unfortunate when you have to clear the sidelines as a referee because you can't take the swearing and other crap that the parents spout off. I have had to do that once. There are rules that have to be in place, and they need to start being enforced. You'll reach a time and a place where you will realize that there has to be some people on their "high horses" to keep everything in line.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Look.. I never said there was anything wrong with rules OR enforcing them. But I'm not going to sit here and pontificate with you guys about "methods"..that have already been established.

MY POINT IS: People have already talked about these things..they've made rules..they've made codes of conduct..they've pondered sporting ethics.. And we STILL have these incidents.

How many of you have read the SCYSA Code of Ethics?

I guess I'm just not sure what you guys are trying to accomplish..

coach
coach
LE Dudeman,
I do not think we are trying to accomplish anything specific. We are all just expressing our opinions and concerns relative to game situations that may arise. It is good to at least hear what approaches respective clubs take to deal with certain situations. But I understand your approach is to be reactive rather than proactive as a club.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
But I understand your approach is to be reactive rather than proactive as a club.

So you won't throw in the "reactive/proactive" jab again.. Rules are proactive.. I support rules..

I just kind of see this as frivolous.. but I'll step aside and let you guys do your thing.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard