Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
CF...go to this link, you need Adobe reader.

State cup rules

Scroll to item 13, point 2, second to last sentence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to check your facts before you pop off at the mouth accusing CESA and SCYSA of working in collusion. CESA is not, I repeat, not going to Raleigh. Your little conspiracy theories are played out.

As I said earlier in the week, the only viable solution is to level the playing field by using like opponents. Both you and futbol can get on here and list the rules and say see this and see that, but nowhere in the rules does it say anything about the situation where one team has played more games than the other. Is it fair to CESA that they were unable to complete their games and thus be penalized for the weather.

If DSC is able to win the state, great for them, but it will not be because anything was cooked up.That is a load of crap and is a disservice to all parties attached, regardless of what you think about SCYSA or CESA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nino Brown - the most ruthless gangsta in da hood!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CESA Challenge is listed in the CASL Shootout U15 Men Elite Group C schedule (6th flight). CESA Premier is not listed in any of the flights.

CESA Challenge also has a 1st round State Cup game vs Bridge Red. What's up with that?

I think SCYSA followed their rule book, but cut off the Premier schedule at the end of October, leaving DSC and CESA with the same records, CESA getting the bye due to head-to-head.

brace
brace
I have to agree with Nino here. I know what the rules say but I think there is an assumption that both teams have the same number of games with the same opponents. In this case you do not have that. I realize that it is very easy to hate CESA but I don't see foul play here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rules rewriten to be more clear on this topic.

coach
coach
I got El Nino really blowing now! CESA Premier U15 was on acceptance list. Must have dropped out after all this, huh? Did I use the words conspriracy or collusion? Rules are rules....but whatever SCYSA decides must be. GO DSC!!!

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I neither hate nor favor either team... I am just showing the rules as written, and they clearly say the "winning percentage" is the requirement for seeding. If SCYSA cut it at the end of October, then why would the season for challenge go on through Nov 5/6? And even if they did, it is not written anywhere. Personally I think that DSC has a viable complaint and they should be given the bye. Rules are rules and it is very likely that noone predicted this situation, however to come at the last minute and "change" the rule or make an assumption is incorrect. Someone in an earlier post (I believe was another thread) stated that it is unfair to only use % as the determining factor as a team with only 1 game and 1 win has a 100% winning factor over someone who played more and thus has more chances to fail/succeed. I agree with this statement, but this is not how the rules are written. SCYSA should clearly identify that the premier seeding is for this , that and the other. They did not.

And by the way this isn't the only group that has the problem. For example in the U16 group the premier teams will be playing games the weekend of the 19/20, you can argue that seed 1 could fall to seed 2 after these games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Futbol,
In that case you're talking about CESA is penalized but decisions have to be made.

2004,Who's doing the backpedaling now. Amazing that just about everything out of your mout is wrong.Did what's his name get at ya the other day?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please answer 2004 PLEASE answer

coach
coach
.....whats her name??

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard