Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Futbol,
I can't see any other reason either. This is a shame. Now not only is CESA, DSC, and Bridge involved but so is CSC.

Someone has to know what is going on. Obviously the parties of CSC and DCS know or is this off limits to.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Word on the street is that DSC threatened legal action against SCYSA. Did CESA not beat DSC? SCYSA made a decision that was fair. Now a CSC team has to wait until late november to play what is probably their last game. Why string that team out?

All the u16 boys games have not been finished. CESA is only 2 points below NECSA with Two games to play. However, they are both playing first round games this weekend. So SCYSA decided to give NECSA the number one seed through common opponents. Much like the way the 15s were decided. What about the 18s where MPSC has only played 4 games? I agree that SCYSA needs to decide how to handle these situations better, but they made a decision and that decision should be followed. Shame on Discoveries for stretching this out further than it should be.

Seems to me like DSC is afraid to play Bridge's top team!

So if my son does not make ODP will I be able to threaten legal action and get tryouts pushed further back?

brace
brace
Loc,

I really hope that the legal action you are talking about is just a rumor and not true.

I would imagine that in this case if DSC (or anyone) has an issue with the seeding then they would appeal to SCYSA and eventually to USYSA. Ultimately I believe that USYSA would have any final decision in this matter if it was pushed that far.

In looking at the U15, 16 and 18's, the siutations are different. In the case of the U15 and U18 teams, the situation is similar where each team has played a different amount of games. In the U18 case, CESA has played the most games and has more points against the common opponents. In the U15 case, DSC has more games but when you take the common opponents into account (including head to head) CESA wins out. In the U16 case, both teams have played the same number of games but NECSA has more points. Given that both teams are close in record and points it is very conceivable that CESA could overtake NECSA when the last two games are played but when you go on what has happened so far it NECSA wins out.

For one, I think that it is a no-brainer that SCYSA needs to re-write their rules to include these situations. I realize that you cannot possibly predict every situation but given that we have had this strange type of situation occur, it needs to be documented on how it will be handled during seeding.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Well if we are looking at future predictions, CESA plays both of the FL teams who lost to DSC. So by your logic, one would expect CESA to win both games which would have everything tied up again and CESA would be #1.

However, SCYSA made a decision and this decision was made in all age groups that were affected by weather and circumstances out of their control. How come CESA and MPSC not questioned the decisions?

brace
brace
I'm not sure where my logic gets applied to future games. Every game in the Premier league is tough and all it would take is for CESA to tie or lose to one Florida team and then DSC would have the better record in the end, but none of that matters. What matters is what has happened to this point with the common opponents.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
You may believe al these are valid points...but none of us know how the decision was made in the first place.... At least I have not read the rationale.

If my calculations are right, DSC is actually arguing "for the right" to play Bridge in the semis. The brackets are 1,8,3,6 vs 2,7,4,5.

Thus DSC if #1 would be with Bridge #3

And then there is the problematic written rules, there is nothing said outside of higher point total. As of 11/6 (the technical last day of the season)DSC was #1.... All other views valid or not cannot loose sight of the current rule.

The mess was created by SCYSA by calling seeds earlier in the premier league than the challenge league last day. Why? we do not know...however it does create a problem for teams that have done everything to get there and now have to wait and see... I feel for those teams, good luck CSC and prepare against all foes.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Because you said that, when you go on what has happened so far NECSA wins out. I think we are on the same page, just not saying it the same way. No other club has argued against the rulings of SCYSA and had games postponed is my problem. CESA's 16s and MPSC 18s have much of a right to raise issues as DSC. However, even if they do not agree with the rulings, they have accepted SCYSA's rulings.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Actually football, the seedings do not work that way.
1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3v 6, 4 v 5

Semis

1v 4, 2 v 3.

So DSC would be playing Bridge in the semis right now. Everyone knows that this is for the most part a 3 team race. The 4th team in the semis will either be a B team from CESA or Bridge, which you would consider weaker than the other three.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
LOCDOG....you are correct...that should teach me for relying on memory.... Then I retract what I said and the fight is NOT to play BRIDGE in the semis.... I would love to be a fly in on of those meeting rooms

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
for clarification to my comment and LOCDOG's seeding

Group A - is made up of 1,8,4,5
Group B - is made up of 2,7,3,6

In this age group 3 = Bridge....

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard