Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No AC. CESA will have the same percentage points as DSC if they win both games. At that point it will go head to head, before goal differetial. This is elementary my man.

Why do you think that this appeal process is even going on if what you are saying is true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The teams (two maximum) playing in the Region III Premier League will be seeded one (1) or two (2) based on their standing in the Region III Premier League".

If CESA wins both games, there will be a 3-way tie in Premier at pct = 70.4; DSC and CESA, and also CASL.

"If two or more teams are tied on percentages at the end of the season, the following tie breaking
procedures will be used:
a. Head to head competition (if three teams are tied go direct to b.)
b. Goal differential with a maximum differential of three (3) goals per game
c. Total goals scored
d. Fewest total goals allowed in all games
e. Fewest red cards
f. Coin toss

To me it is clear that AC is correct. Head to head is not used in a 3-way tie. The seedings are based on standings in R3PL. CESA cannot overcome DSC's goal differntial advantage.

S
goal
goal
S
-Nino Brown-
What process are you talking about?
CESA plays this weekend to determine things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there was another scheduling boo-boo, again involving CESA. In U13 Boys, #1 CESA Premier and #2 CSC Navy had byes. 1st round, #6(Northside) beat #3 (MPSC) and #4 (CESA Challenge) beat #5 (SSC).

Semis were scheduled #1 vs #6, #2 vs #5. Anyone who could read a brackets could tell that was wrong, that #1 should play winner of #4 vs #5. Ended up #4 (CESA Challenge) beat CESA Premier.

Another example of the evil empire at work in the scheduling office?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should not be a "process going on". If SC had read the R3PL rules, they would have known that DSC would be the #1 seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo. I'm having a hard time understanding you. In the 13's last year, CESA Premier did play CESA Challenge just like they were supposed to. The No. 1 seed plays the winner of 4/5, which they did. If there was a conspiracy it seems to me that CESA would have wanted their two teams to play in the final, not the semis.

Also, here is a geography lesson for you. CASL is located in Raleigh, which the last time I checked is located outside of the lines of South Carolina which would disqualify them for a state championship in South Carolina. Let me make it even more simple. CASL has nothing to do with this. It is between DSC and CESA, so there is no three way tie here. We are not talking about R3PL, we are talking about seeding for state cup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since DSC and CESA only play in the R3PL, it is my understanding that the team from SC that is ranked the highest in the R3PL would be the #1 seed in State Cup. DSC is #2 and CESA will be #4 in the R3PL even if CESA wins both games this weekend and receive maximum points.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
AC

Please explain to me how they would be #4. If CESA wins both games, they would be tied with DSC and CASL for points with 19. So they would be tied for second. Is it that hard to understand? I am awaiting this quality explanation.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
AC

I see the error in your logic. First of all, look at Nino's post about geography. that was an elementary class. Secondly, even if you still argue for the 3 way tie. GD is not limited to three goals. Go look at DSC's GD. its has not been limited to three goals. It is TOTAL GOALS SCORED - TOTAL GOALS AGAINST. Understand yet? well if not, I can teach you a some simple math too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In R3PL, the first tie breaker is head to head unless there is more than a two way tie. In this case, if CESA wins both their games, then there would be 3 teams with 19 pts. The second tie break is goal differential with a maximum gd of 3. That is how DSC is above CASL. DSC's actual gd is 11 and CASL's is 10. CESA's gd is 5. If they get the max gd of 6 then they would be tied with DSC and the next tie breaker is goals for. DSC has 30 gf, CESA has 20. CESA would have to score 10 goals to tie DSC or 11 goals to move ahead of DSC in the R3PL. It would be hard but I guess they could do it.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard