Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it gets complicated. The region 3 web site has the goal differential posted that is based on total goals scored less total goals against, but when they figure the tie breakers they only allow 3 maximum goal differential per game. Also, it doesn't matter which state you are in. They don't group the states together. They only look at each teams statistics.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
AC

actually GD is used to either push someone ahead of the other two or elimenate someone. that means that if CESA wins and gets the +6 then they would tie DSC and CASL would be gone. Then it would go back to head to head. CESA would take it. Thats talking R3PL. We are discussing SCYSA and the tiebreaker there is head to head. so CESA gets the first seed if they win both games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO, it does not go back to head to head. It then goes to total goals scored, then fewest goals allowed, fewest red cards and then a coin toss. It never goes back to head to head. Look back at page 4 of this thread and see Irmo4now's comments on the R3PL rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nino....last year after the 1st round, the U13B games were posted as:
CESA Premier vs Northside
CSC Navy vs CESA Challenge

CSC had to notify SCYSA to get this changed. How did that happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to www.scysa.org, click on "state cups menu" on left side bottom of screen, click on "state cup rules - challenge cup" on botton. Scroll down to #13 - "scysa challenge cup teams - seedings" and read. No mention of "SC teams only".

Since more than two team from SC cannot be considered for seeding in the SCYSA Challenge Cup from Premier League standing, I feel sure that any team tied in the R3PL standings is involved in the tie-breaking process, even non-SC teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dog - good point about GD - that is true - if CESA gets +6 from the two matches vs Fla teams, they get the bye. I was using GD from hotstat, but for tie-breaker DSC is actually +11 and CESA +5.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
AC:

As much as I agree with you on the Head to Head rule, I believe that USYSA will go back to the Head to Head tie breaker once a team has been eliminated and only two teams are left. I'm not saying that this is the correct thing to do, but there has been cases of this happening before. I have always believed that you move down through the tiebreakers and never go back up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AC,
One last time. If what you are saying is true and there is no way that CESA can be the number 1 seed, why has the decision not been made.

There appears to be a lot of uncertainty in Rock Hill. The club web page said DSC gets number two seed; you are confident that DSC is one, and someone from the Mutiny team appealed to SCYSA beacuse DSC is not number one. Before you reply back on this board again why don't you contact the coach of the Mutiny and perhaps he can educate you on this matter.

You are confusing R3pl with SCYSA seeding. There will be no three way tie. If CESA wins both games they will be number one. If CESA loses or draws DSC will be number one.

THis thread is like reading a Beckett novel. Irmo, why would the SCYSA website have to say anyhting about SC teams. Isn't it obvious that since you are on a SC website that it applies to SC teams and not teams from Arizona, New Mexico, or Arkansas.

S
coach
coach
S
Beckett novel...great analogy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Chico. I was hoping someone would get it.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard