Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is ANYTHING other than EC wanting to leave for "personal" reasons.....CSC should be ashamed.

They finally got a guy there that did it for the right reasons and some over bearing parent is going to "run" him off? That is BS.

This is exactly why Cola Area Club soccer can't move forward.

C
goal
goal
C
I could come up with a great story for everyone but that would be the lie. Sometimes things are what they are. Eddie's wife is expecting in March and he has a lot of work a head of him. His team finished their last game on Sunday, so he felt that was a good time to exit stage left. Everyone at CSC loved Eddie and have nothing but the best wishes for him.

Goal
Goal
"That dog won't hunt" Chapindad!

Goal
Goal
Why all the speculation as to why he resigned? Maybe, just maybe, his family had to come first? I cannot believe folks would stoop to suggest otherwise. But if there are alterior reasons, then they should be public due to the fact that parents should not run the asylum and other things should not be "swept under the rug."

coach
coach
Chapindad, That crapola sounds like something that would come from a Chapin fan.

Are you serious?? Make public a private employment matter??? What asylum did you just escape from? I'm calling the wagon for you.

Goal
Goal
One question. Since E.C. has resigned, according to Lynn Holmes, will he still coach a team? I mean that doesn't seem too time consuming. Two practices during the week and a game on the weekend. Seems quite standard!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
"I regretfully need to inform you that Eddie Crosby has resigned as our Director of Coaches and Team Coach"

This statement here from the letter tells me that he has cut all ties with CSC. I agree that you would think he could still coach a team. maybe it was not his decision

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
As a parent who pays fees for my child to play club ball, but not at CSC, I would say that a group of 10 to 20 parents per team, each shelling out about $700 for fees (that would be $7000 - $14000 per team each year), do have some say in the club. Sort of like investors in a business who let administrators run the daily operations of the business, but who also are empowered to vote those persons out when they don't use the money wisely.

In the case of CSC, I heard a couple of things recently; 1) the DOC said every club in the state was doing the academy and none of them were letting their U12 teams play up, including CESA (totally false, look at PMSL U13 classic girls); 2) that the academy was in shambles with the kids getting just one coach, a very young inexperienced coach, at training sessions with 30 kids; 3) that the former DOC got into an email ****in' fight with a group of parents and called them idiots.

Is all of it true? I know for a fact some of it is. I do suspect most of the problem came with the academy. The NSCAA created the academy concept three years ago and notified all member clubs of the change. CSC allowed teams U12 and below to play up the previous year. Then last fall they told parents of those rising age groups that the rules had just changed and their children would not be able to play up. Yet the DOC, in an open meeting with all parents of the U12 players, announced that the rising U12 boys and girls teams that had played 11-sided as U11's could play up as a team if they wanted. Problems started when they were required to tryout with U13 and U14 kids. After a week of tryouts they were told that NO ONE would be allowed to play up. Of course, that wasn't totally true; they did allow kids who had played on U12 teams the previous yearthat were true U11 at the time, to play on the U13 teams since they were already established on the team. Then there were U10 players who wanted to play up in the academy on the U11 team but were told they weren't good enough. If so, why were those same boys asked to play, and did, for that same U11 team at the recent James Island tournament? Just seemed to many people that personal dislikes and the desire to assert the authority of the position played a greater role in decision making than the so called 'concern for the kids.'

There are certainly two sides on this issue. BUT, no matter what people say, the clubs are in it for the money, bottom line. If someone starts losing money for the club, directly or indirectly, the issue will eventually get addressed. The older teams didn't get caught in any conflict but the younger teams, the FUTURE of the club, were caught in these battles, and this is most likely where the most controversy existed.

If CSC board doesn't act aggressively and take charge of the club, CSC will soon become CESA's site in Columbia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hunter,
Whoa killa.Can you elaborate a little on the "CSC will soon become CESA's site in Columbia"

I'm not sure I'm getting that one.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Nino,

It was just my brain going from point A to point Z without stopping off anywhere in between. I said it tongue in cheek, no basis for rumor nor truth. But, CESA already holds practices in Columbia for its players from the Midlands and areas closer to Columbia than Greenville once a week. So, not necessarily logically speaking, if CSC is running parents off and starts losing money it could be hard to pay the bills, then who knows a nice soccer complex could become available to the highest bidder.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard