OP Offline
kick off
-
if so why

B
goal
goal
B
Hadn't heard that...... Sure hope its not true.I think the world of Eddie...He's undoubtedly one of the nicest people I've ever met.I also observed how much he cares for the young guys he coaches, especially the ones without the best home situation. That would be a real loss for the youth of Columbia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Letter from CSC President to members:

Dear CSC Family,

As much as I would have preferred that my first correspondence to you, our soccer family, be on a different topic, I regretfully need to inform you that Eddie Crosby has resigned as our Director of Coaches and Team Coach, effective immediately. In talking with Eddie regarding his decision, he states that his decision was based upon family reasons, and states in his letter of resignation that “I know this Club will prosper and remain a significant and positive place for kids to foster growth and development as players and people”.

Eddie has committed a lot personally to Columbia Soccer Club over the many years he has been associated with us. During his tenure as Director of Coaching, Columbia Soccer Club experienced tremendous growth and accomplishments, currently registering over 800 kids playing soccer in various programs. We have a tremendous coaching staff of professionally licensed coaches and a first class soccer facility. Eddie brought not only experience in soccer and coaching soccer, but a passion for the game, dedication to the club and a love for the kids. For these and many other reasons, we will miss his association with the club and wish him well in all that he does as well as blessings on the birth of his new baby.

The Board met in executive session Sunday night and is working through a plan to not only provide an interim solution regarding the Director of Coaching vacancy but to also evaluate our various programs and how we can improve communication, quality participation, and leadership. We will continue to communicate to you as these plans progress.

Sincerely,

Lynn Holmes,

President, CSC

Brace
Brace
Coach Crosby is a tremendous asset to this community. People like him, a combination of character, expertise, and commitment are increasingly hard to find in today's society. Our community, especially the kids, need more people like him.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
I hate to hear this news, but wish the very best for Eddie and his family.

Wayne is exactly right on with his comments about needing more people like Eddie involved with youth soccer.

Thanks Eddie for making soccer better in the Columbia area!

-
- Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
-
eddie quit for "family reasons" 1 week before state cup? bull****

agreed that eddie is a good guy. heard it was board issues

"communication, quality particpation, and leadership"???

Goal
Goal
Interesting and juicy hearsay. I'm sure E.C. will spill the beans on here soon enough.

coach
coach
(-) and Cola(dreher)fan,
I don't think it is fair to call it 'bull' or 'juicy'. It may have indeed been political or board issues, but it is definitely a serious, private matter that we all have no business discussing, other than to acknowledge just how far Eddie brought that club.

-
- Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
-
eddie only person in columbia who is trying to push columbia soccer further and his sudden leaving in mysterious way we have no business discussing after all of your blabbing about mergers??? hypocracy. when your being lied to its okay to call out lier, message above from csc board smells like bull**** do u really think hes out of club soccer???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is ANYTHING other than EC wanting to leave for "personal" reasons.....CSC should be ashamed.

They finally got a guy there that did it for the right reasons and some over bearing parent is going to "run" him off? That is BS.

This is exactly why Cola Area Club soccer can't move forward.

C
goal
goal
C
I could come up with a great story for everyone but that would be the lie. Sometimes things are what they are. Eddie's wife is expecting in March and he has a lot of work a head of him. His team finished their last game on Sunday, so he felt that was a good time to exit stage left. Everyone at CSC loved Eddie and have nothing but the best wishes for him.

Goal
Goal
"That dog won't hunt" Chapindad!

Goal
Goal
Why all the speculation as to why he resigned? Maybe, just maybe, his family had to come first? I cannot believe folks would stoop to suggest otherwise. But if there are alterior reasons, then they should be public due to the fact that parents should not run the asylum and other things should not be "swept under the rug."

coach
coach
Chapindad, That crapola sounds like something that would come from a Chapin fan.

Are you serious?? Make public a private employment matter??? What asylum did you just escape from? I'm calling the wagon for you.

Goal
Goal
One question. Since E.C. has resigned, according to Lynn Holmes, will he still coach a team? I mean that doesn't seem too time consuming. Two practices during the week and a game on the weekend. Seems quite standard!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
"I regretfully need to inform you that Eddie Crosby has resigned as our Director of Coaches and Team Coach"

This statement here from the letter tells me that he has cut all ties with CSC. I agree that you would think he could still coach a team. maybe it was not his decision

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
As a parent who pays fees for my child to play club ball, but not at CSC, I would say that a group of 10 to 20 parents per team, each shelling out about $700 for fees (that would be $7000 - $14000 per team each year), do have some say in the club. Sort of like investors in a business who let administrators run the daily operations of the business, but who also are empowered to vote those persons out when they don't use the money wisely.

In the case of CSC, I heard a couple of things recently; 1) the DOC said every club in the state was doing the academy and none of them were letting their U12 teams play up, including CESA (totally false, look at PMSL U13 classic girls); 2) that the academy was in shambles with the kids getting just one coach, a very young inexperienced coach, at training sessions with 30 kids; 3) that the former DOC got into an email ****in' fight with a group of parents and called them idiots.

Is all of it true? I know for a fact some of it is. I do suspect most of the problem came with the academy. The NSCAA created the academy concept three years ago and notified all member clubs of the change. CSC allowed teams U12 and below to play up the previous year. Then last fall they told parents of those rising age groups that the rules had just changed and their children would not be able to play up. Yet the DOC, in an open meeting with all parents of the U12 players, announced that the rising U12 boys and girls teams that had played 11-sided as U11's could play up as a team if they wanted. Problems started when they were required to tryout with U13 and U14 kids. After a week of tryouts they were told that NO ONE would be allowed to play up. Of course, that wasn't totally true; they did allow kids who had played on U12 teams the previous yearthat were true U11 at the time, to play on the U13 teams since they were already established on the team. Then there were U10 players who wanted to play up in the academy on the U11 team but were told they weren't good enough. If so, why were those same boys asked to play, and did, for that same U11 team at the recent James Island tournament? Just seemed to many people that personal dislikes and the desire to assert the authority of the position played a greater role in decision making than the so called 'concern for the kids.'

There are certainly two sides on this issue. BUT, no matter what people say, the clubs are in it for the money, bottom line. If someone starts losing money for the club, directly or indirectly, the issue will eventually get addressed. The older teams didn't get caught in any conflict but the younger teams, the FUTURE of the club, were caught in these battles, and this is most likely where the most controversy existed.

If CSC board doesn't act aggressively and take charge of the club, CSC will soon become CESA's site in Columbia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hunter,
Whoa killa.Can you elaborate a little on the "CSC will soon become CESA's site in Columbia"

I'm not sure I'm getting that one.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Nino,

It was just my brain going from point A to point Z without stopping off anywhere in between. I said it tongue in cheek, no basis for rumor nor truth. But, CESA already holds practices in Columbia for its players from the Midlands and areas closer to Columbia than Greenville once a week. So, not necessarily logically speaking, if CSC is running parents off and starts losing money it could be hard to pay the bills, then who knows a nice soccer complex could become available to the highest bidder.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
uh oh. did loc dog hit on something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quit digging Pretty.....CESA RULZ ok now lets move on.

Difference in CESA and CSC is PARENTS. Pearse and Andrew run CESA...along w/ parky and so on CSC is run by the worst parents of all......IRMO PARENTS!!!! Their children do no wrong.....the "contraband"(sp) in the car was someone elses......Another child poured the beer down my chlids throat and so on.....you can only imagine when a BOD memeber was "humiliated" when their kid was put on the "b" team.

you get What I am saying right.....

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Shearer, not digging, just surprised by the "coincidence" in posts from hunter and loc.

nice points about the parent comparison.

i don't wear a "cesa rulz" shirt. no dog in the fight. i have just a very basic observation and post. see my response to you on the other thread. that should explain a little more of my point. not meant to insult. again, just trying to get my point across.

brace
brace
I think this thread is a moot point now don't you all???

B
goal
goal
B
Congrats to Eddie for having things quickly work out. I'm a little surprised, I was thinking possibly Bridge for Eddie, since he and his bride are both from that area. However, this just shows how serious CESA is about being a "STATEWIDE CLUB". Those word came directly from a top CESA coach. The next couple of years will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Striker, your dream might come true,just not in the form you envisioned.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
quote:
Originally posted by Shearer:
Quit digging Pretty.....CESA RULZ ok now lets move on.

Difference in CESA and CSC is PARENTS. Pearse and Andrew run CESA...along w/ parky and so on CSC is run by the worst parents of all......IRMO PARENTS!!!! Their children do no wrong.....the "contraband"(sp) in the car was someone elses......Another child poured the beer down my chlids throat and so on.....you can only imagine when a BOD memeber was "humiliated" when their kid was put on the "b" team.

you get What I am saying right.....

Shearer,

Don't know about Irmo parents, but you are partially correct about the club differences. Pearse and Andrew are really the difference. CSC didn't have the quality leadership with Crosby. If Pearse and Andrew weren't delivering what they said they would, do you think the parents would be sitting idly by? The people who provide the money are going to complain, at any club, if the club isn't making any progress and delivering on their promises. Over the past two years if you had swapped the DOC(s) from the two clubs, do you think CESA would be the dominant club or CSC? My feelings are with Pearse and Andrew at CSC they would be the premier club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was your son on the "b" team or something? What did Crosby do to you? I am having a hrd time seeing this as him being the problem. Not two fays after he leaves CSC the "top" club in sc hires him to run their Cola operstion? If he was that bad he would be a CRSA not CESA.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Shearer,

No, don't have any children at CSC.

Were you ever at any of the training sessions for CSC last year? Were you ever at any of the meetings where he would announce his plans for the club and then later find out he told the board something totally opposite. Crosby may be a good coach, but he's a poor DOC and a poor communicator. His training sessions were supposedly going to have 5 and 6 coaches working with the kids. You'd get to practice and one coach would be working with the kids while the rest were hanging around talking for the first half hour. My problem is not having a child play on a team, but rather having the club provide the training that is promised with the training fees they require. He repeatedly lied and misled the people who financed the club. Were you there? I was. He didn't lie about kids getting playing time or playing on the "A" team, but he lied about what he was going to offer for training. He didn't produce. Bottom line.

He would lie to your face with that charming smile of his then walk across the field and tell someone else something completely different about the same subject.

Though not necessarily directly responsible for bad coaching, as DOC the responsibility lay on his shoulders. If he's going to be a coach for CESA, maybe he'll do a good job. If he's an administrator, I don't think so, unless Andrew's riding him. If Crosby had produced like he said he would, he'd still be there.

There are instances in all environments where someone leaves employment because they have performed poorly only to go to a competitor as an "acclaimed success."

So, do you have a boy on a CSC team? Where does your opinion spring from?

K
throw in
throw in
K
dhunter,
Since you don't have any kids at CSC how do you honestly know what went on at training sessions or at board meetings? Probably just hear-say, and from you thats a SHOCKER. Your posts have been very opinionated about something that one would expect you to have absolutely no knowledge about seeing as how you are not, in any way, involved with the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had multiple kids training at CSC, and unless there are sessions going on that I have not seen, I believe dhunter is a man with an agenda. The training at CSC that my sons have received has been absolutely excellent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ding ding ding//.....irmo 4 now wins!!! i think hunter has prooven my point!

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
absolutely excellent, maybe..... what eddie promised? don't think so. does your kid play in the academy? that's where his downfall has been. hunter knows what he's talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I cannot speak on academy kids. I was speaking only of the training I have actually seen, mostly CSC Navy teams. Christian, Savitz, Pinasco, Crosby, Hiller, Miller, etc. Some very good trainers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't Chris Chistian doing academy? He's a good trainer.

What were the specific problems?

If you have no kids there, why were you there. Were you one of the coaches that was standing around talking?

What are some examples of thing he said at meeting, then told board the opposite? You have made accusation without any substance.

Norman, please coordinate.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
irmo4now,

In my original post, I stated that the problems lay in his duties with the academy. The older teams are well established and haven't had to deal with those problems. No, I don't have a child there because we left following the spring season after what was offered to the academy teams was denied. His actions led to many, many younger players leaving the club. With fees about $700 a year, 20 players represent about $14,000. That ain't chump change to me.

Your talk of 'my own agenda' and 'accusation without any substance' only points out that you haven't read the posts thoroughly.

You will not find any criticism of Eddie's ability, skills or knowledge, but only of the level of training he promised to the younger teams in the academy that he didn't deliver on.

Why should I provide many little details only to have you pass over them in your hurry to lash out in anger at any whom you presume are attacking Eddie. You get an F in reading comprehension.

coach
coach
And dhunter, you get in an 'F' in following the rules of posting in this forum. As soccerboy referenced earlier:
'You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.'
Your words:
<<He repeatedly lied and misled the people who financed the club. Were you there? I was. He didn't lie about kids getting playing time or playing on the "A" team, but he lied about what he was going to offer for training. He didn't produce. Bottom line. He would lie to your face with that charming smile of his then walk across the field and tell someone else something completely different about the same subject. He manipulated the BOD, he lied to coaches, he lied to parents. That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God. >>

You called Eddie a liar and that should be considered defamatory and abusive in my book, regardless if he did the things you accuse him of. Again, what do you hope to accomplish with your comments if you are no longer with CSC?? Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
get em sucker get him!!!!! Got you a new playmate??

J
Brace
Brace
J
2004...are you agreeing with something else that I brought up, holy cow! This has been happening a lot lately. People do need to read the rules of the BB a little more than they currently do.

coach
coach
Yes, soccerboy. I failed to mention that you did state the forum rules. I will add that to my post to dhunter. Thanx.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Seriously, the situation can't be that simple Mr. D Hunter. I find it pretty hard to believe that ONE man in an ORGANIZATION (head hancho or not) is solely responsible for such grave inequities. Also, since you are admittedly a former VOLUNTEER and PARENT I think your scope of the entire situation is limited at best(as is mine as a complete outsider). Which is why I throw mud at no one (save 2004Stroke) And it would stand to reason..that no officials from CSC are "throwing mud" as well. Perhaps you could take a cue from your peers.

coach
coach
LE Dudeman, How am I doing in my preseason training for the next PLC? I know its the off-season, but I finally feel like I am getting in shape.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
If you ask someone a question, they tell you an answer that proves to be untrue, is that not a lie? Learn the rules of the English language before you start beating your chests and waving the rules of the BB. Reply if you want, but I can't read anymore of your mindless blather.

coach
coach
Thank goodness! I can't read it either!

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
LE Dudeman, How am I doing in my preseason training for the next PLC? I know its the off-season, but I finally feel like I am getting in shape.

You know just how much it pains me to say this man.. but the actualization of the CESA empire expansion..as well as the CSC/NECSA merger bodes well for you in the PLC future.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with a number of you guys.. should be an excellent season.

coach
coach
"....a number of you guys.......?
There are others??

J
world cup
world cup
J
Chico comes to mind first.. but even Shearer has stepped up his game.. on the other hand.. lagplaf and his ladies forum buddy have kind of "slipped"

...relax ..don't have a ..STROKE..aha..aha..

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
Does deleting the paper trail hurt in the PLC, or does it rely on memory alone?

Personally, I like to delete most of my former posts so they do not come back to haunt me.

My best is always yet to come.

coach
coach
Chico? Chico? Do you not realize that he is not a real live person? His posts come from a massive computer programmed to respond to each issue in this forum.
And Shearer? Shearer? He has plied you again with his brown ale. Can't you see thru that?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard