who won the PPS and BA game?

#6057 04/20/02 03:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, LUGOFF-ELGIN BEAT CAMDEN in Zemp Stadium. 2-1. We kept telling them that we got it this year and now it is proven. Shouts out to Gerardo and Harris for making the goals. And Jason for making some unbelievable saves. 5-2 and 2-1. That is all I have to say. Later...

#6058 04/20/02 03:16 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Well now that its finally over I can talk trash again. L-E clenched 2nd place in region IV 3A with their win over Camden tonight at Zemp under the lights. The game was the most exciting match I have ever played in. Both sides play with heart...its just Camden is too dirty and cheap to let themselves do well. I will say the refs sucked..especially the white guy..he couldn't get anything right..but he called horribly for both sides. The riot after the game..that wasn't cool on either side. I think I was the only one that wasn't in it. Both sides were involved and both sides probably had someone hurt. I know Jeff Maxham has to get stiches on his eyebrow. I don't know about any camden players....but who cares..Camden is going to play NMB and get the crap beat out of them...good luck to everyone else in the playoffs. Great game Demons. 5-2 and 2-1...so sweet.

#6059 04/20/02 03:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greenville 2- Christ church 2 (greenville wins on pk's). incredible game. very even. very excitng atmosphere, there was a lot of support for both sides. the teams deserved to tie and it was a great game to watch. congrats to greenville but both teams deserved something from the game.

#6060 04/20/02 03:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beaufort A. 1
Pinewood 0

Deja vu for Pinewood. Gave up an early goal to an individual opponent's great effort against three defenders then took over and pounded away but unable to put one in the net, had one off the crossbar. Don't know the shot totals but PPS dominated the game after midway in the first. A couple of yellows given to each side and the BA coach was ejected for stepping across the midfield line (a little power trip going on there, Mr. Ref?) Both teams played hard. Good match to watch.

Hop-a-long Ref did it to Pinewood again, not calling an incredibly blatant handball in the box on BA. He took another break away from PPS with an offsides call from fifteen yards out of position. How can a man that cannot run call a high school boys soccer game? [Confused]

#6061 04/20/02 03:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo 3 Lexington 1
One hell of a game!

#6062 04/20/02 03:49 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
LE Dude, a riot? stitches? I thought NMB vs MB was bad...Mickey Mouse compared to you!

#6063 04/20/02 04:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah man, one of our players was being stupid and my teammate, Jeff, went to stop him and a guy just attacked him for no reason and he sliced his forehead open. Very cheap on Camden's part...I will admit I did not appreciate our teammates going to try to ring the bell but what yall did was just not called for. Oh yeah, I saw a video, so don't even try to say that we started the actual physical fight.

#6064 04/20/02 05:16 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
mbsocfan- Yeah..it was pretty bad. Camden had a big bell donated in the memory of a person with cancer years back. And they ring it after every win...and of course a memeber of our team went to ring the bell. And of course the camden guys didn't like that. (I have this on tape) Most of the camden guys and some of the L-E guys are gathered near the bell probably talking crap. When J.T. the star* striker that is out b/c of mono(sp)..which he is actually probably out because he has to many red cards. Anyways him and Jason got into it and Jason tackled him and then everything went crazy. Me...I was still at our bench. I was the only player that wasn't in the fight... I don't agree with any of the stuff that either side did..and it was dumb to try and ring the bell cause we never get to it. But it wasn't cool that Will Smith #8 beat Jeff in the face so bad he has to get stiches. Thats just not cool dude. That isn't soccer..thats being a little testosterone freak. Well anyways..I don't think there is going to be any legal action or any of that crap but Jeff's mom was pretty ****ed off. All that matters is that L-E won both matchs...cleanly and clearly. Camden could argue that we only won because of a PK...but when you knock someone down in the 18 using your whole body...your going to get called. And the game could have easily been 10-3..cause L-E blew numerous chances and Camden also had a few good shots that they messed up. 5-2 and 2-1...and now Newberry is coming to L-E and Camden is going down to Little River to get their tails kicked around by N. Myrtle Beach. Its the night of the Red Socks.

#6065 04/20/02 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey LE are any of the players involved being dealt with? Will it affect the teams going into the playoffs. Just wondering. We play Camden in 1st rd u said they play dirty, cheap fouls or foul w/intent to injure?

#6066 04/20/02 12:38 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
No..it was pretty much the whole team of both teams. And it was mostly everyone pulling everyone off of everyone. It was just really confusing. And it wasn't on the field it was on the sideline near the corner flag (thats where the bell is). Plus I think the refs got out of there as soon as possible..if they had handed out cards..it probably would have gotten worse. I'm not even sure they knew it happened. So to answer you..No it won't effect the playoffs. About camden playing dirty. It really depends on which player it is. Paulo #15..hes good, but hes stupid. He kicks at ankles and if you get tangled up with him he'll kick you or elbow you. If you get a free kick he'll stand in front of it..even if your taking your time. Their forwards aren't afraid to challenge a defender on a clear. They will put their body into you if they can't get to the ball. If you can pass well..you shouldn't have any problems. Their goalie is good...but if you keep constant pressure on him..he'll crack. The defense is so so...they were good last night..but i'm sure you guys could school em'. Bottom line...you probably should worry about BC. And don't hesitate to run it up on Camden. They deserve it. Chumps.

#6067 04/20/02 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not trying start anything or talk trash, but yall knew better than to go down there and it is your fault for doing it.

#6068 04/20/02 03:04 PM
Goal
Goal
My son's team at Dreher rang that bell several years ago. I've never seen Camden ring that bell, because we've always beaten them.

#6069 04/20/02 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the bottom line. Nobody rings the bell but us, and those who try to get hurt. They shouldn't have tried to ring it in the first place, so the kid deserves the stitches. I was right there. I was sitting in front of the bell with my back on it, so nobody can tell me that I didn't see who started it.

#6070 04/20/02 03:38 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Who is Dreher playing in the 1st round?

#6071 04/21/02 04:48 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Dreher plays region 7 #3 seed...looks like RB Stall.

#6072 04/20/02 05:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackville-Hilda 4 -- Williston-Elko 1

#6073 04/20/02 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1Dog0, The guy on our team that got sticthes wasn't even fighting with anyone. He was trying to pull our guys back to end the fight and one of your players punched him. He wasn't fighting at all. I know you aren't trying to say that we started the fight!!! Thats a bunch a crap. You guys know you started the actual fight. Our guy shouldn't have tried to ring the bell, but to fight over a stupid bell is retarded. You guys were already mad before our guy even went over there.
You have been talking all this trash about how LE sucks and how we didn't stand a chance against you because Camden is so great, then after the first game when we beat you 5-2 there was all these excuses and you guys were saying how it was a fluke and next time it would be different. Well, what happened? You are actually lucky it was only 2-1 this game. We out shot you like 45-8 and your one goal was the luckiest goal that I have seen any team get this season, but you got it and congrats for getting it.
About our guys getting hurt? What are you talking about? First of all, when this stuff was starting you had your whole team down there about to jump on ONE of our players then others came when you were about to jump on him. Secondly, the only guy on our team that was hurt was trying to pull our guys back when he was basically sucker punched by one of your players. How could anyone on your team hurt anyone unless you cheap shot someone, just look at you. Anyway, I'm out.

#6074 04/20/02 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NMB, you guys really don't have much to worry about in the first round of playoffs against Camden. You guys will take the game rather easily. Have you guys played Newberry? You know anything about them?

#6075 04/20/02 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry LE don't know a thing about them maybe mbsocfan knows alittle. Good Luck in the 1st rd. [Smile]

#6076 04/20/02 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, NMB just get Camden irritated on the field by taking the ball around them (which isn't hard) and the game will be pretty much handed over to you by their bad tempers and cheap playing tactics when they start to realize that they will lose. But be careful, if they know who your good players are, they will try to "accidentally" play a little more aggressive(illegal aggressiveness) on them. Anyways, good luck and start focusing on BC.

#6077 04/23/02 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey LE why don't you stop thinking about are next game for us and think about your own. Its seems to me like you care more about talking trash about us on here than anything else. By the way Newberry isn't just a walk in the park.

#6078 04/23/02 02:14 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Waaa.... I sorry.

Are all the first round matchs on next tuesday? That goes for all A's?

#6079 04/23/02 02:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waa...does you face still hurt? Or is that the rest of your body?

#6080 04/23/02 02:39 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Actually my face doesn't hurt...cause I wasn't fighting. And my body doesn't hurt except for maybe my shins from sliding on you guys all night. Other than that..i'm fine... good enough to play against Newberry. Why don't you worry about your own "hurt" like maybe your ego. Good luck against N. Myrtle Beach...theres always a chance you guys could win...you could also get struck by lightning too.

#6081 04/23/02 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Jack. My ego is doing just fine, how is your teammate with stitches on his head? That pain you said you have in your shins would go away if you would get off of your knees.

#6082 04/23/02 02:57 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Dude I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to Shinbraker. And let me congratulate you...you worked in a preverted joke. Way to go. Maybe you should spend your time preparing for NMB...loser. Everyone knows that NMB is going to run all over your sorry defense. I still don't understand why you guys are so proud of the fight. Need something to be happy about besides beating stellar squads like Chester, AJ, and Cheraw? I bet you played some awesome defense in those matchs..right? Look now i've dissed you and all I meant to do was make you look stupid. But I guess we did that Friday and on the 8th. So do you guys know if the school is going to dump the soccer program yet? Cause ya'll suck so bad? Whats the buzz?

#6083 04/23/02 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dump our soccer program? You have beaten us twice in the past 10 years. TWICE Jack, TWICE. I don't know, maybe the headband has taken effect on your thinking skills, or maybe, just maybe, you are the complete moron that is constantly sucking up to Kevin and Kyle Heise and is always trying to pretend he knows soooo much about the game of soccer. Listen kid, it's one thing to play a great game against us and talk trash. I would sit here and read Gerardo or Matt Harris's trash all day and not have a thing to say, but you didn't do crap. You aren't even good. Even your teammates tell me. Just go to bed and stop embarassing yourself.

#6084 04/23/02 03:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the only unbias thing I can say would be that I think you all should just let this go. Or maybe you could exchange screen names and continue this exchange of wits apart from the rest of us.

#6085 04/23/02 03:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of playing teams such as Andrew Jackson (who may i add is also a "stellar" team on your schedule), I believe our defense may have outplayed yours seeing as how we SHUT THEM OUT, and correct me if I'm wrong (you'd "correct" me even if I'm right) but I believe you guys won 6 to 2 and 5 to 3. Now, Mr. All American Right Fullback, now that I have put some numbers into one of my posts, I believe you might want to talk to 1Dog0 about how to play right fullback.

#6086 04/23/02 03:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not one to talk to much trash, but i have read all of your trash throughout the whole year. let me ask you one question jack. why do you talk so much trash about how bad camden is? i could understand if you actually did something to make us look bad or anything like that, but you didn't. you blow. i don't think i saw you do much of anything besides stand around and get blown by the whole night. the only reason we didn't score every time we were on offense is because yall have a decent sweeper. i believe it is #2, matt i think. he is the only person on your entire defense that should even be allowed to post a thread on here. yall would be completely lost on defense without him. and without gomez and harris yall would have no offense. thats pretty bad when you can sum up your whole team to three players. until you can show something that even resembles anything close to skill you should keep your **** mouth closed. thats pretty bad when the rest of your team even says you suck

#6087 04/23/02 03:45 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
#1 I never said I was awesome or anything. But I do think I played my best defense against you guys at Zemp. And it couldn't have been that bad cause Will Smith was a non-factor. I'm only a sophomore and last year was my first year back after 3 years of NO SOCCER. Our team isn't all seniors like you guys. I don't think 1Dog0 would really help me any...unless I wanted to learn how to play dirty. Thats okay. I'm good enough to start so thats good enough for me. #2 My head band is fine. #3 I know you guys were at the first AJ match. They scored one real goal...the second one they scored was when I was in goal. I'm not a goalie. The second match was our 6th match in 5 days...something I don't exspect you to understand since we have 7 more games than you guys. So I think we played very well after placing 3rd in the White Knoll tourny and beating you guys the day prior. #4 I didn't even start this... #5 What does the past 10 years mean to me? #6 Wow..you know my name. I think anyone that can read a roster or the back of my jersey could do that. Should I be afraid?

No matter what you guys say. I and my team beat you guys...the whole team scores. I know its a hard concept for you guys to grasp because your such an individual team but...it doesn't matter...cause whatever makes you guys feel better..thats fine with me.

#6088 04/23/02 03:53 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
One other thing. Its interesting how none of you guys have volunteered your names so that we could analyze your play during the matchs. Its easy to hide behind a name..and talk about how much someone else sucks..but since there is nothing to back it up...what does that mean? Nothing. I'm glad you guys have shown how much you don't know about soccer. "and without gomez and harris yall would have no offense"..who gets the ball to them? Brian Clifton, Will Roberts, John Jordan, and Joey Brasington. You know who had assists against you guys...Will Roberts, Joey, Brian... So if the offense is only Harris and Gerrado..why did Clifton score on you guys? You guys are pointless...you didn't practice, you didn't play as a team, and everything I said at the beginning of the season was true...and now your mad cause I ended up being right. You talk about how little I know..but your saying our offense is only two people..I guess thats why we beat you guys...cause all you did was mark them...this says two things...your defense couldn't handle them...and you underestimated the rest of the offense.

#6089 04/23/02 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CHS #4, why do you guys keep bringing up other scores to other games trying to compare our teams to make yourself sound better. Oh, byt the way, with Andrew Jackson.... When we played them we moved people around quite a bit. We put Jack in goal for a while the first game, and he is definitely not a keeper. The second time we played them, we played without Gerardo, and never had all of our regular starters on the field at one time. We played a couple of our JV players in that game. And at the end we had maybe 4 starters back on the field. When we played Lakewood, since that was brought up by some of the people on your bench the first time we played you guys, we played everyone out of position, our third-string keeper playing. The thing is,... we can play teams without our starters playing most of the game and still win. About Gerardo, Harris, and Matt being our whole team.... There is no way that 3 people could be our whole team. Yeah, they are three of our best players, and if they come out it would hurt the team, but let any team take their three best palyers out and they won't be quite as good. But without the eight other players on the field with them they wouldn't be able to do anyhting. One guy can't defend everyone on the other team without support from the others, one guy can't score goals without support from the others. When the ball is on our end of the field and we make a save, or take a goal kick or throw in, how do you think we get the ball back up to Gerardo and Harris to score. It has to go through the other palyers somehow. And really if you say that they are the only players on our team, wouldn't that kind of make your team look bad to lose to three players? When you play some more of the teams we play, meaning the better teams, you can say something. The overall record of our opponents is 205-169-10, your opponents 108-131-4. Yet we still have a better record than you. The teams that has a .500 record or better, with the exception of Governer School, you have lost to. ANyway, I'm out!

#6090 04/24/02 04:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys ever have any homework to do?? You guys write essays everytime you post a message...maybe all of you should practice longer or something.

#6091 04/23/02 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We couldn't handle your offense? You won 2-1. The last goal was a PK...yeah Jack, we really couldn't handle your offense.

#6092 04/23/02 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The thing is,... we can play teams without our starters playing most of the game and still win." I don't believe they came out any in are game. If you can score with everyone else why didn't you take them out? By the way if your talking about that 40 yard kick that Clifton made when we played yall at home it was luck......he even said so. By the way LE Dude when you were talking to me a few post back.......I would have said something back but 1dog0 already responded. If you thought his post sounded gay mabey you sould read over yours a couple times to see how stupid you sound.

#6093 04/24/02 12:22 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I didn't say he sounded gay. I said he worked in a preverted joke..which he did.

#6094 04/24/02 02:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jack is right. We had 45 shots on your goal and I doubt that your defense would think that is a good stat for them. Yeah and every now and then yall would get it and frantically kick it down the fields with some good clears but yall didn't have anything to help keep the ball go towards our goal. Oh well, we won. Yeah yeah yeah...I know " just wait until next year". We'll be ready and don't expect any changes in the W's...

#6095 04/24/02 03:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One last thing LE Dude....."And it couldn't have been that bad cause Will Smith was a non-factor. I'm only a sophomore and last year was my first year back after 3 years of NO SOCCER." He scored on yall. Oh yeah by the way he is a FRESHMAN.

#6096 04/24/02 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy, you guys really love each other, I can tell. But I think PKs are just part of the game. You've never seen a basketball game be decided by two clutch free throws, or a football game come down to a controversial pass-interference penalty? I know it's harder to score in soccer, but penalties and the rules are part of every sport.

#6097 04/24/02 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shinbraker, Will's goal was by far the luckiest goal I have seen all year. You were talking about Clifton's goal being lucky, well that was nothing compared to how lucky Will got.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard