Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal
goal
JL Mann can't and won't beat Riverside next year. Doesn't matter who is in the net!

L
kick off
kick off
L
We will find out on March 8th Always Right. I think it will be a good game though.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
There is this goalie that is only in the 8th grade and is playing for our youth 18 team. He plays for edisto but cannot play due to being in the 8th grade. he has had numerous shut-outs on the season and has only been scored on in 4 of our games and only a total of 10-12 goals on the season. Look out for him in edisto in the next few years.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
you play rec!

K
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
K
On GAA, a low GAA alone doesn't mean the Keeper is that good (field players could be exceptional). Need to look at the SA/GAA ratio for better comparison. Meola had a ratio of 10+ which is outstanding, 5-6+ is considered Good! GAA is easy to calculate but saves are somewhat subjective. Team statisticians don't record Keeper stats nor post on Hotstat. Most don't know what a 'shot' is: (See: NCAA 2005 Soccer Statisticians' Manual)
That's why I asked the question, there is no good source of information on SC Keeper's. It should be part of the Hotstat Game report but isn't, again, a complete lack of understanding of the position (and the game) by SCYSA.

MP-agree, about Calandra (another Dusty Hudock product), just haven't seen him much lately.

dwel32-your right, not many good keeps at U15. I think it's due to a lack of ANY emphasis by the team coaches. The position takes a lot of personnal commitment. Most coaches expect the Keep to get enough training by getting shot on by field players at practice and by the time their U15-16 most Keeps get bored (from poor training leading to frustration) and move on.

K
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
K
On Goalkeeper Training:
Most teams practice 2-3 times a week. Most coaches that I've seen emphasize their practice sessions toward field player: strategy, individual techniques and conditioning (I say field player because there are 14-16 on the team and coaches feel that focusing limited practice on field players maximizes their productivity). So, let's face it, most soccer clubs fail at producing talented goalkeepers.

Specialized training is required to teach the aspects of goalkeeping, including catching, punching away, deflections, low and medium dives (both directions), forward dives and forward punches, tipping over the cross-bar, handling breakaways, punting and other forms of distribution, including rolling and slinging to open players (short & medium range and over players). Concentration and intensity, knowledge of the game, positioning, and reading developing plays. Ranging in, out, and around the penalty box. The Laws of the game as applied to Keepers, team and individual strategy. Game voice, decisions and commands. Leadership and defensive organization.

If you know of a club that offers this training (NO EXTRA CHARGE) please let me know! Thanks. (BTW Mt Pleasant does offer 1day/wk Keeper training, usually a limited number of sessions per season - no extra charge)

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
CIWS... It is my understanding that CSC, Lex And CESA all provide separate GK training, not sure about the fee. I do not believe NECSA does or any of the smaller clubs.

World Cup
World Cup
In reply to the smaller clubs and what they offer ... The Congaree Rapid Soccer Association offers goalkeeper training twice weekly during the fall season at no additional cost ... Our GK Trainer is David Schroer and he's done a tremendous job with our keepers!

K
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
K
Kevin,
Hi, I googled David and this is what I could find:
David Schroer - Goalkeeper Trainer / Academy
Education: USC / Socastee High School (2001)
Coaching Experience: 3 Years; Brookland-Cayce High School Goalkeeper and Assistant Coach (2005); Memo Suarez Soccer School (2003-05)
CRSA Experience: Second Year

Do you have a Bio or additional College/Professional experience for him? Thanks in advance.

K
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
K
Futbol, who are the Keeper Trainers at those clubs?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard