Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
throw in
throw in
K
Loc, he made a personal decision and even though you may not agree with it, you have to respect it. It is a better decision for his family, what else can you say? What does my being from columbia or irmo make a difference really? I'm guessing that's just your stereotype you have of people in irmo, which honestly isn't far off with most people. But just know that it is a stereotype. I just get sick of people who honestly have NO idea about what went or is going on.

coach
coach
Wow Dhunter,
Tell us how you really feel! If the problems were as bad as you profess, then it is best for all parties concerned that changes take place. But I think the end result will satisfy all concerned in the years to come.

corner kick
corner kick
Really guys who cares...Eddie is no longer with CSC and is now with CESA. His reasons for leaving are HIS reasons not ours. Bottom line is CESA is coming to Cola and Eddie is with them...CSC and NECSA may be able to work out a merger...no matter how you look at it the winds of change have started to blow and reguardless of the outcome it can only help the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOC,

Why the hate towards Crosby? I figured you would love another good coach at CESA. Sounds like someone is jealous that they got looked over. Maybe like Fredo when Mike got to be the godfather.

Also people in Irmo usually now what's going on there. Just like the people in Greenville,Rock Hill and Charleston know. I would even imagine people on the way to the beach know too.

Goal
Goal
Eddie's here. Eddie's there. Seems like Eddie is everywhere!

Had to get off the floor from laughing so hard. I knew there was more to the story than family reasons for Crosby to walk away from CSC before he was fired. At least that is what it looks like since you have Tripp Miller waiting in the wings as the new Director of Coaches.

CESA comes to Columbia and Crosby bolts for the greener pa$ture$, while CSC and NECSA don't want to be left out in the cold and join forces to combat the invasion. Straight out of a World War II novel this is!

What's so funny is that this has been discussed for years about the need for a merger for the most talented teams in the Columbia area, but the northwest and northeast powers would have none of it. Now since the cash cow is being threatened, the decision for an alliance has proved necessary.

Great stuff folks! Keep it up! This kind of entertainment usually costs $8.50 at the picture show.

One more thing. I'm not against this merger at all and think it can be quite healthy for the Midlands, much like the Columbia Metropolitan Soccer Association was for the Columbia area back in the 1990s. That was the group I worked with while my son played from the U13 to U18 age levels.

However, my suggestion would be to focus the needs of this merger at the top level players for state and regional competitions. Approach it like an ODP team in which the best players make the team and leave the politics out of it. If a team Mom is the manager of the team and her little Joey doesn't make it, tough! Leave the younger age groups to the organizations that are actually interested in player development and allow any second tier players to continue their development at the local club.

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by Loc Dog:
Keepcoach, just because you are from Irmo does not give you the right to start popping off. So last week Eddie resigns from CSC due to family reasons, but last night he is now on with CESA. he resolved his family issues in one week? Sounds more like internal problems to me.

I think you might have other problems WEIGHING on your agenda then discussing someone elses personal issues

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by dhunter:
Keepcoach01,
Sorry, but I do know what I'm talking about. Have had affiliations with CSC and Crosby. He manipulated the BOD, he lied to coaches, he lied to parents. That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

..ouch.

So.. what is next? Aiken and Charleston allie themselves and Columbia turns into Normandy? Nice.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Eddie was a person who I always looked up to with high regard. Since u-11 he always taught us that dignity, itegrity, and respect were just as important as our play on the field. He always discouraged kids who wanted to leave the club and preached to us that we had the talent we needed to be successful right here in Columbia. After hearing the news about how Eddie had abandoned many of the kids he helped bring through that club, I was more dissapointed than anything else. How could he go directly against something he had so adamantly preached to all of us? I almost feel like he abandoned us. And to reiterate a point Dhunter made; Eddie promises a lot, but produces a little.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Tyler

I have not said anything negative towards Eddie. My shots have been at the CSC board. I knew Eddie was not leaving on his own accord. Something went down. Could be Eddies fault, could be the boards. Probably a combo of both.

Thats great that CESA added Eddie, but it has absolutely no bearing on my personal life.

Goal
Goal
Wow!!! This is amazing!!! Will the USC women's coaches be as involved in Columbia as they have been in Greenville?

Seems odd that they've struggled to qualify for the SEC tournament, but have not actively recruited South Carolina except for the few CESA kids (Alex Mouton, actually from RNE/Columbia).

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard