Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
A Letter From the President

11/17/05

Dear Northside Members:

After many hours and days of discussion we want to let you know that Northside Soccer Club has entered into an agreement with Charlotte Soccer Club to merge into CSC. The process of arriving at this decision has been a long and difficult one in many ways. During the process we spoke with Charlotte Soccer Club, Tega Cay Soccer Club, Discoveries Soccer Club, and South Charlotte Soccer Club, as well as many individuals.

While the process has been difficult, in the end the decision became clear. Charlotte Soccer Club offers us the best opportunity to maintain our structure, philosophy, and culture. We will be able to function under the trainer system, focus on individual player development while developing our player’s game tactics through group training. Our Northside teams and coaches will be the core for developing what CSC is calling the Southwest District. Efrain will be the Director of Coaching for the CSC Southwest District reporting directly to Ben Parry, the Executive Director of Coaching.

We will begin immediately to register our teams in North Carolina under CSC. Our teams will play in the Charlotte Area Youth Soccer League as CSC teams. Northside will maintain its affiliation and charter with South Carolina Youth Soccer Association. This will allow Northside/CSC U15 – U18 boys teams to play in South Carolina. In May we will work hard to bring in players and build more CSC teams.

On Tuesday, November 29th, at 7:00PM we will have a town hall and registration meeting. We will need to fill out all new paperwork for NC. Also, there will be CSC representatives to welcome you and be available for questions. Please mark this on your calendar and watch your emails for location and what to bring!

Once again thank you for your patience in this process. We are excited about this new opportunity for our Northside soccer family.

Bob Blaschke- President NSC and Efrain Tirado- VP NSC

Brace
Brace
Talk about the dominos falling!!!

brace
brace
Anyone know why Northside and Discoveries didn't merge? Geographically speaking this would seem like a more logical choice. I realize that there is more to it than that though. Any comments Hurst?

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
At the risk of sounding like striker2004, best case scenario would have been for Northside, Discoveries and Tega Cay to merge. Obviously not everyone could get together philosophically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurst,
looking at the thread about not having the koalas to kick around, how does this merger change anything for Northside. From the release it looks like the only thing that changes in essence is the name. Will players from CSC now be traveling to Northside to play to fill out teams.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
From what I understand, only the U15B - U18B will be playing in South Carolina. Everybody else goes to NCYSA.

B
goal
goal
B
Personally, I think this market is where CESA should have gone for a "remote" club location. Already many of the top players from this area drive to Greenville and play for CESA. With the fragmentation of the club situation there and the population growth this area is experiencing, it would make it an attractive location.

I imagine this helps Northside some through"economies of scale", but will it help attract better players to Northside?

goal
goal
CESA is the only place to be just like ricky, nino borwn, loc dog and others have found out! Keep kicking!

Brace
Brace
Always Right -
quote:
CESA is the only place to be ...
If that's true, then how has the Furman club been able to sustain a high level of play and quality results? Will they be able to maintain it or be absorbed by the CESA machine? Is the Furman team an anomaly? Where do these kids play HS? [Confused]

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Furman? They have one team playing in the PMSL that is undefeated. that is the only team. They obviously have chosen not to join the CESA machine. If they have any top level, ie premier and challenge level, players than I am sure CESA will be looking to pick up. So to answer your question, this team is the only one that I know of in the club. Can a club survive with just one team?

Always, while I have supported the efforts of CESA, I am not affliated with their club in anyway. I definitely admire what they have been able to do on the state and regional level. I view it as a positive for the state of SC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard