Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Coach Cady - In the traditional markets, many HS players play club ball in the fall with their teammates. This improves them both individually and as a team. If a small number of the team moves on to a better club in the next town, that may hurt the team chemistry a bit, but this is offset by the expected improvement of these players as individuals.

Now, in the areas that these power clubs exist, HS soccer will get even better. Since these areas already have strong HS programs, I think you'll see even less parity than you see now. In your 1A group, this is already obvious.

One of the most interesting developments that I saw on the CESA website was an announcement that they were opening a homework and tutoring center at one of their facilities. That way players and siblings who spend a lot of after school time at the field can still work on priority number one. To me, that's the biggest benefit I've ever seen coming out of a large soccer organization. Hopefully, CESA will develop at least one or two soccer superstars who are also academically gifted, and they end up at GSSM.

world cup
world cup
Coach Cady....great point on how this translates to high school soccer. On the girls side, CESA has swept all four state cups the past two years. I'm sure this will translate to state championships for some of these girls on the high school level as well.

But last year, the 3A and 4A finalists were Eastside, B-C, West Ashley and Fort Mill. I know Eastside had some CESA players but how many girls on the other three squads won club championships that fall for CESA?

There is no doubt that playing at the highest level will make you a better player and consequently improve your high school team. But "year-round" chemistry may be more of a factor on the girls HS teams than it is on the boys HS teams.

Just a thought.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Frankly yo u cannot compare... By the its very nature, the two are going in opposite directions. Superclubs will pick the best of the litter, thus few from every a HS. HS on the other hand are getting more spread out due to numbers (see Blythewood, the new school in Rock hill area, the new HS in Ballantine coming soon, etc..)

Therefore Clubs concentrate and HS dilute. The only advantage is if a given HS school inherents talent at the same time (Irmo, DF, Wando) based on the demographics.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Sorry about the spelling/grammar.... that was real crap. The point should come across anyway.

world cup
world cup
futbol....bad grammar, good point. New high schools are diluting talent from Hilton Head, Northwestern, Spring Valley, Fort Mill, etc.

C
goal
goal
C
What new HS in Ballentine?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Chapindad,
There once was a proposal... I don't know if it was in the last defeated ballot or not.

You however would probably know best.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard